small photoshoot

took some photos on a day out the other day, my mate brung his new car... ANOTHER 2.0L corsa :D... it is awesome though! :blink::D:D just thought id share.

DSC00592.jpg

DSC00597.jpg

DSC00600.jpg

DSC00602.jpg

DSC00603.jpg

its got a rear disc conversion some massive discs and calipers, lightened flywheel forged internals etc etc... and its well fast :D

and one of mine :lol:

DSC00605.jpg

its had a respray in an awesome audi red... i officially love the colour!

Rich.

yeah, i know. its awesome.

its quite a bit quicker than mine, but its a bit more even than with his old 2.0L vs my old starly.

but to be honest, mine doesnt seem to be as quick as it should be at the mo... what sort of rough 0-60 times do people get?

yeah, i know alot of people dont like them full stop, but i have alot of respect for ones that get done properly.

well all im running is rear section (backbox with a bit of pipework) and hks bov, running .6/.7 bar.

so still pretty standard, it needs a service pretty desperately, but i think im getting around the 8-8.5 second mark to sixty

it seems to really bog down sometimes... :blink:

thats what my thinking was...

when i first got the car it was a fooking rocket and was boosting to .9 bar, but it was being caused by a boost leak, which i fixed... but i keep feeling a little dissapointed that its not that little bit quicker, as i drove a different standard glanza a few weeks back and it seemed faster?

i dunno.

i might go out for a bit of a test tommorow night and have another go.

have you done the hi low boost mod, i couldent remember if you had,

yeah, i know alot of people dont like them full stop, but i have alot of respect for ones that get done properly.

aye i totaly know what you mean rich, same goes for the nova too, the amount of choice rally parts available for both are rediculus

way more tuning potential then the ep,

where as we only have the fte thats feasable,

you can fit almost any vauxhall lump into them

yours is a 98/99 model yes mate?

if you drove a 96/97 glanza then it would've felt a little quicker, because they are. the 98/99 models have more restrictive ecu's in them due to regulations and shit, meaning they're more efficient and quieter, but at a sacrifice for a little bit of power, this has been discussed in depth before on tgtt etc.

I dont get any wheel spin out of second mate, realistically, if its spinning, then you need to adjust your driving style slightly because you're just wasting power/speed, either that, or the car's like, silly power (like the 300bhp+ ones going about).

nice rich you lucky bugger i still need to go see jays car, i ought to really seeing as he only lives round the corner from nikki, the colour looks amazing the ones that the previous owner had taken but dam what a couple of cars, GOD I LVOE YOU GUYS!!!!! hahahaha :blink:

yours is a 98/99 model yes mate?

if you drove a 96/97 glanza then it would've felt a little quicker, because they are. the 98/99 models have more restrictive ecu's in them due to regulations and shit, meaning they're more efficient and quieter, but at a sacrifice for a little bit of power, this has been discussed in depth before on tgtt etc.

I dont get any wheel spin out of second mate, realistically, if its spinning, then you need to adjust your driving style slightly because you're just wasting power/speed, either that, or the car's like, silly power (like the 300bhp+ ones going about).

poo. i had heard something about that... will a pre 98 ecu work on mine? so can i just change it over?

yeah, as with my old starly i learn pretty quick how to lauch with very little spin, just wondered as i got a tiny bit of spin in 2nd in my old starly, but none in the v. nice one, cheers for the heads up eks.

what's the power of corsa vs your glanza rich?

hes not too sure... its had a fair bit of work done on it... but it is defo faster... to be honest after hearing this from eks i really dont know what power mines got!!

nah, hes just bought it mate. :)

eks or anyone for that matter... do any of you guys know if the 96 glanza ecu would just plug in and work? or is it likely to have different wiring?