hey guys im 17,provisional, trying to get insurence on a 1.3 starlet NON turbo, on my mothers name whos been driving 35+ years no years claims as she wants to start a new policy with me on it , fully comp £3000 for me nd my mum?? thats insane right?

anyone know any insurence companys that would be better?

hey guys im 17,provisional, trying to get insurence on a 1.3 starlet NON turbo, on my mothers name whos been driving 35+ years no years claims as she wants to start a new policy with me on it , fully comp £3000 for me nd my mum?? thats insane right?

anyone know any insurence companys that would be better?

try kwik fit mate

it doesnt work like that anymore mate. you cant just say your mums the 1st driver and your the second, the insurance companty will still see you as a high risk and the quote will be based on that, not on how many years claim free driving your mum has under her belt.

shop around im sure you will find a better deal

or you could get your mum to start a policy on her own then add you on to it now and then?

it doesnt work like that anymore mate. you cant just say your mums the 1st driver and your the second, the insurance companty will still see you as a high risk and the quote will be based on that, not on how many years claim free driving your mum has under her belt.

shop around im sure you will find a better deal

or you could get your mum to start a policy on her own then add you on to it now and then?

yee i gotta find a better deal than £3000 im sure im awilling to pay up to like 2500 maybe? but id want it to stay the same after i pass?

any ideas what insurence company to go with thats good?

try kwik fit mate

will do mate :thumbsup: thanks

Try quinn direct bud.

yeah my mums already with them and so is my bro with his starlet gt turbo but hes 20 with 3 years lol

might try admiral for my mums bmw my bros starlet and a non turbo starlet ( or one reg as one ) and me and my mum on mine my bro nd my mum on his and just my mum on the bmw and see how that works out maybe?

how much were they mate?

yeah alot of people said them to me so ill try that now lol.

just tried gocompare now, 4500 they want!! chapest is kwickfitt on fully comp , TPF&T 6500!!! i really dont know where to go for it now

my younger bro is in the same boat. I'll keep you updated on what companies give good quotes.

yeah cheers man would like that alot :thumbsup:

Try CIS insurance, came out cheapest for me by far :thumbsup: I'm also 17, no NCB etc, insured 2nd driver on my dads policy, £1150 a year.

Shafz.

thats amazin what cover? fully comp or TPF&T?

got the number for me mate? and what car did u insure?

Yeah, they are by far the cheapest for me, and as I've just got rid of (not sold, but given it back to another family member) my starlet, they've also been the only reason I can get insured cheaply on my new car!

Shafz.