Help On Young Insurance People.....

confused.com is cheapest at 2995, then it continues going up, then CIS, who were quoting 1085, have not managed to do it online so i rang up, they now want 3300. so its gone up more than 300% in one week? how?

Really need to get this sorted as i have passed now and it should be on the road :)

x2 admiral elephant are one and the same.

they changed their weighting on the starlet last month

do what japluva said. will do a lot to reduce it,

id stear clear of places like confused.com or comparison website, they are full of shite

If you find a price online, hold the ref number.

Then call the company up for a NEW quote. If they offer it to you lower, go fot it, if not, use the ref online and buy it through the internet! :)

Try admiral mate, there really good. Got a good price on mine.

It is your first year and will be pricey but I wouldn't pay more than £1500. My Saxo 1.1 quote when I first passed was £1200.

Right direct line are looking at £2100 with it in my dads name, as a one lump sum. if its in my name, with my dad as a named driver, its over £3000.

Quinn direct want £3800, and we were put through to associate companys and it was still ridicolous.

Have yet to try aliance and leicster, elephant or bell.

This is all through my dads name, me a named driver. (the only thing i could think of it being is that its registered in my name, but then we asked and it supposedly makes no difference.)Also this is third party fire and theft, on a SPORTIF and i have held my licence for a week.

Is there any way around the ridicolous prices? putting me as the main driver with mam and dad on my policy?

Thanks alot people!

well

what insurance company is your mom or dad under

go to them and say you already have one car on there etc etc and you want to get a policy out then put you as named driver and your parents on the policy also to get the price down further

also make sure your mom or dad ring, have found they can get far better results and your still a youngester and they will not take you as serious

good luck anyway

if your parents have any ncb tell them to use it on your policy and protect it. This will bring your policy down big time.

then when your parents renew you can pay the difference that it costs for have no ncb. this is what ive done with my brother which saved him £££'s

some companies still wont insure you because they have changed their policies and regard you as the higher risk, so they give you a stupid price, (basically they dont want to insure you)

good luck mate

Thanks lads, and luke who you insured with and at what age? lol.

best i have found apart from the ones i listed above is £2700, with ecarinsurance on my own name, however if i put my dad on the policy it goes up to £2900. once again daft quote!

What we are confused about is that (pretty obviously) i cant get insured with a few companies on my dads name when the car is mine.

And that my dad cant use the no claims bonus on more than one vehicle.

Thanks again

I'm with RAC, 1 years NCB, fully-comprehensive, all modifications declared... £800.

The best Direct Line could quote me for renewal was £1250, :)

Turner

Thanks lads, will check that.

Just found a quote with CO-OP, and it was £1105 in my dads name, the point i think thats getting me is that im the registered owner, so i will have to swap that over. this is the sort of quote i should be getting!

Thanks