All My Younger Bro's Mates Are Driving Now

My brother passed his test at the start of may, he is 17 about to go 18 and is saving for a car he is looking for an eg civic, but insurance seems just mental at the moment even on naf 1.2 corsas nd such. Saw one of his pals out driving last night, he's aged 17 and this boy is rocking a brand new 2010 seat leon cupra, these are about 240bhp and this is his first car, the car itself cost over 20k and is already specced up a wee bit with aftermarket exhaust and induction kit. Mainly i am posting this because i am jelous of how much money his family must have, although saying that, its not quite the same as earning for yourself, he is a bit of a dildo and doesnt really appreciate the value of money, i am so curious as to what his insurance must be, but i bet its hoorin bad, not that it affects him. thought i'd just share one of my pet hates, spoilt little boys driving brand new "hot hatches" thinking they're the man and causing crashes, the way he was driving i doubt it'll be long, inexperienced muppet, although i wouldnt wish it on anyone.

what do you guys think of it?

know any young-uns who are completely spoilt and are a menace behind the wheel?

yers!!!!! pretty much all my mates, my best mate drives beemers and mercs, their his parents cars of course, but his mums had an op so she cant drive so hes left with the choice, depending on which car his dad takes, but he doesnt drive like a muppet so its not too bad

and i know a few girls who are like that, this 1 girl i know, had a corsa 2008 and crashed it twice within a month, then she gta brand new fiesta and wrapped that up in the next month, the daft bitch, she doesnt even put her own petrol in, i know they aint flash cars, but they where new cars that shes didnt pay for

Defonitely a common thing bud! theres alot about my bit a couple have the new leon cupra! and there only 17! One of the guys I see about is insured through his dads building company as a company car, so its not really his, he just drives it, they have no respect for the car tho as theyt dont understand the value of it

yes ^^^^ sooo true, i cant wait to get my forged conversion done, theres a kid in a celica i went to school with who constantly tries to get me to race him, its not a turbo or anything, but it obv jizzes on me lmao

cant wait to see his face once ive had the conversion :thumbsup:

and theres loadsa kid around me in ibizas too

yeah, some people with plenty money can be really gracious about it and that doesnt bother me, its the ones who arent that wind me up, another one is the corsa VXR's, they are so common where i am, im sure it must be a good deal on finance or something, or mummy and daddies money, but you just dont get alot of car for your money. dont get me wrong i actually really like this boys car, and it looks really nice, but if i had that money it would be spent far more wisely!

yeah, people who dont know the value of money and probably wont have to lift a finger and live off mummy and daddy do my head lol, i know a boy whos mum who bought him a golf gti mk4 for his bday and he went and sold it a few weeks after, and bought a gto

like my 1 mate has had some real nice cars, but hes got like 3 jobs to get the money for them so its good to see him reward himself like

lol we are in resession and all you see is young people driving flash cars! 1 of my mates drives a cleo sport f1 thing,another drives a migan sport, the other has had 2 brand new vxr corsas, and there is a chap driving a 911! we live in a mad world.... more money than sence

this kids brother has earned his way and apparently owns cars recovery up here in aberdeen, he's got a white gt3 or some other varient with the number plate 734 hp and also has a white lambo, a murcielago. I've seen the Porsche and it is absolutely gorgeous but until the other day had no idea whose it was was, this kid is a very lucky boy to have such fortunate parents/sibling

Ive got a mate who got a brand new focus 1.8 Zetec as his first car.. didn't pay for it himself or his insurance, but hes a bit of a spoilt brat, the look on his face when I beat him in my civic was priceless, he kept trying to find excuses that his expensive new hatch got beaten because I must of cheated somehow :|

I've also got a mate who's dad works at a dealership so he has new 1 series M sports, 3 series, golfs and civics as his cars, different car every week, my friends all drive safely and well though, no accidents *touch wood* apart from my mate in his 2001 golf.. lots of spoilt young kids here though, London, I see 19 year old girls in 645Ci cabrios and such :|

Shafz.

ohh my god!! so true Duncan!

There's one arrogant prick round by me that particularly does my head in. Kid who I went to school with, a year older than me. Dad owns a Car dealership, He was bought a brand new Audi A3 for his first car, then an '08 S3 and now a tuned '10 S3 (in which he has blown the engine up at least once) argh! Really annoys me when people live off their parents like this! Oh and he obviously drives round in the Subarus/Ferraris/Lambos that his dad sells.. :thumbsup:

There was this girl i went to college with, got a spanking top of the range Corsa, got 6 points within a week after she passed through speed cameras, then wrote it off. Parents paid for the re-test then got another spanking new Corsa which she has scraped and dented and damaged since.

Another guy at college was given a Mitsubishi Warrior with huge 22" chrome wheels which he wrote off down a ditch, came in the next day with a Merc kompressor...

I earnt my car, couldnt and wouldnt live off my parents!

There are alot of very lucky and spoilt people today.

i know one girl who is now 23 and has still never bought a car or paid for any insurance/petrol in her life! Daddy pays for it all :thumbsup:

she is currently driving a 10plate clio around. Car number 4!

see i live with me mom and she struggles to pay the bills so i help out as much as i can, this comes before messing with my starlet! some people just have the easy life and have everything done and payed for, maby they should try live in reality for once!

dose get me angry lol annoys me how people struggle to make a living and they dont have to even think about it..

yup im bitter

It's all too common now gone are the days where people like us graft n save up evey penny to have what we want I can proudly say I've earned my car + every mod + the insurance for 3 years running.

Living off parents is easy wait till they have a family of there own and see how they cope budgeting/saving/working till there hands literally bleed it's not easy tbh makes it seem like nothing when you rape them in a little 13year old car :thumbsup:

I was lucky when i first started driving.. my parents kindly bought me several things. Mainly they bought me a x plate 206 which i modded from money i sold my previous car for (also bought by my parents)...

I learnt the way most dicks like me/them should... by crashing and having to pay for it. (dont worry, it wasnt claimed, so i didnt effect anyones insurance) Yeah, so i crashed my beloved 206 like a twat. I then had to loan money ot buy a new car which obvz i had to pay for.

I learnt the hard way to not dick about in a car/show off. It really isnt worth it. especially when it was kicking out some ridiculous power of 85bhp... :thumbsup:

So yeah, i hate the silly bitches around here rolling around in new Mini's that there parents have bought them like meh meh meh im amazing. I couldnt care less what or who bought whoever somthing... so long as they dont flaunt it in other people faces, as if to say, 'you dont have what ive got, im better than you'-i wasnt or have ever been like that. I just was a dick and crashed.

lol

josheyboy006-Respect bro.

Mitch

see i live with me mom and she struggles to pay the bills so i help out as much as i can, this comes before messing with my starlet! some people just have the easy life and have everything done and payed for, maby they should try live in reality for once!

dose get me angry lol annoys me how people struggle to make a living and they dont have to even think about it..

yup im bitter

yup, same same

thats why im back in my overdraft having been paid today, and my new engine of course lmao

lol i havent had a job for the last 4 months thats the reason for my overdraft lol

i dont have credit cards or that crap lol

and yeah going forged too ^_^ so should be ready for some time in the new year, hopefuly over xmas :thumbsup:

The thing is lads, our cars are built not bought. Time, money, care and appreciation has gone into doing what we've done with them. Yes it is frustrating when i see my mates rolling around in new fast cars that mummy n daddy have funded while my old girl lies in the garage awaiting money each month to transform her. But there will be nothing more satisfying and rewarding than when im finished, having her just the way i want her and knowing that i did it. So until then, let them have there fast cars nd learn the hard way, cause i know were all doing it the better way! :thumbsup: And yes i too am back in the overdraft because of that bloody THING in the garage after being paid today! Gotta love it tho!

well said ^^^ he wont appreciate it like we do with ours. i starlet out with a 1.1 saxo and treat it like a child. i bought and paid for every bit of it whereas a lot of my mates got cars bought for them which they went on to crash or blow up and mine was in perfect working order when i sold it on. let him have his brand new car im sure your brother will appreciate his a lot more than his mate :thumbsup:

i hate seeingpeople live off mum and dad as well, when it comes to things they have like cars and stuff there is a bit of jealousy there but at the same time they havnt earned it themselves and that gives me satisfaction.

Theres a boy who was in my class at school and when he passed his test he had a y plate a3 then a 54 plate a3 and now he has a 06 porsche cayenne! fat wanker! lol, but hes never worked a day in his life his step dad pays for everything.

when my son grows up i wont buy him a car, wether i can afford it or not i want him to earn it for himself thats what i did and it means a lot more to me now. My mum and dad offered to buy me a car when i passed my test but it im glad i did it all myself, i started off with a 300 quid 1.1 fiesta and did what i could to it, sold it on and baught a better car then same again and again.

This is so fucking annoying, I don't have a job at the minute but I have always paid for my own things.

I saved up from when I was 15/16 and then a few months before I turned 17 I had £1300, but to save up that amount I had to forget buying things like PS3s, clothes, games, going out, whatever, then before I was 17 I bought my first car which was a Starlet, some old prick wrote that off so I bought the CRX and garaged that because the insurance was too expensive, and then I bought another Starlet.

Fair enough I've been on job seeker's allowance the past few months (which I fucking hate) but I don't ever ask my parents for money and if there was an opportunity of a good job I would take it.

On the other hand my cousin who is 17 who hasn't ever had a job (he goes to college though) has had his car bought for him, his insurance is being paid for, and even had a few mods paid for!

It's not right when one person has to pay their own way and then another person gets it all handed to them.