All My Younger Bro's Mates Are Driving Now

when im at college i see so many smug pricks driving round in brand new cars that was paid for by mummy and daddys cash, plus one of my ex's back from when i was about 13/14 is now living in a massive big house not too far from me where she has a brand new VW 4x4 to drive around in and her big bro has a tuned lotus elise!

about half of the money i have for my car is off my mum and dad but it was christmas money, birthday money etc. which i could have done what i wanted with, so i started to save for a car ^_^

and when i said to my big cuz who has a vts saxo that i wanted a starlet he said "your f**king mental!" :):thumbsup:

I cant see the point in people buying like £7000 - £8000 corsa 1.2's!

I know soo many kids who parents have spent such a some on a crappy slow 1.2. And the depreciation!!!

Could have such a nice "interesting" older car for £8k

I would like a new, hot hatch for day to day, but would always come back jap performance :thumbsup:

adam

Some people are just well off, and i really dont have a problem with people buying there sons/daughters nice cars when they are 17, what really pisses me off is when they don't appreciate what they have

for example, when my mate passed his test his dad bought him a 54 plate Golf for £6000, the next day hes dissapionted because he wanted a BLACK ONE!! WTF and he treats it like shit, has no road manners most times goes 50-60 on 30mph roads and has never payed for anything himself, he just has his daddys credit card. And then they complain when I stick to the speed limit on roads, just cause i had no abs, shite tyres and hardly any saftey in my car

rant over....

Anup

I gotta admit I didn't pay for my Starlet, it was given to me, I didn't pay for the insurance, but I paid for all the mods, running costs, petrol, road tax, maintenance etc, then I just bought myself a Civic with my money, I'm paying half the insurance now, its my car, and I feel much better for it, knowing that I've earnt it, I DESERVE it, I treat it with respect, I treated the starlet with respect but as with everything in this world, when its earned and its your responsibility, you try your hardest to maintain and respect it.

Shafz.

must say i know few people who are just spoiled to fuck a mate of mine at 17 had a supercharged rangerover sport with 22" wheels etc about a month later he upgraded to a porche cayenne carrera with all the addon body styling 22" wheels the lot.

im quite happy knowing ive bought every think with my own money, i even bought my toyota starlet outa my paper round money from when i was 12 lol :(

I'm 17 and i dont know anyone whos my age and has an expenive, new car LOL,

But i have seen an Range Rover sport with 'L' plates down sandbanks. its like santa monica in LA, Million pound mansions over looking the beach ;)

I have been working since i left school to buy a Glanza V (but insurance so settled for a S :( ) and saved like shite, and i have bought all my mods, (looks in my build thread i have spent silly amounts. and my perents are 'well off'

They own 3 businesses a villa in majorca and now (as off last weekend) a new static caravan in Weymouth.

My mum drives a 59 SL350 AMG and my step-dad a 10 Range Rover sport.

They have worked VERY VERY hard for this, i can remember 10 years ago, me and my perents had nothing, i mean nothing, we lived with my nan and gran dad, and they had no cars. but they toke a very risky gamble and started the own business and from then on things have gone well.

My mum offered to buy me my first car, a peugout 206 :( because she wanted me to have a modern nomal car. I turned that down because i wanted a glanza and she wasn't happy :(

But im happy to say i have earn't my car.

Amjad, your on about Alex yeah? :( theres a boy up my way was running round in a focus ST on L plates and then he had a nurburgring VXR for passing his theory, which he then wrapped up in macdonalds drive through ;) and apparently he has the keys to his dads DB9 waiting for him when he passes his test :(. Dont get me wrong i'd love to live the easy life but i count myself lucky for what i have under my circumstances.

there are a few in my area

one lad just turned 17 in a brand new civic type r

and one lad who went to school with has been promised a 2litre year 2000 bora when he passes his test (it has boost, intercooler and so on)

how can people afford to insure these things, i wish i could

You cant really put these people down to much as its not there fault, its just a way of life for them to have what they want, but then they dont fully appriciate thing's..

I left school at 16, well actually i walked out of school an strait into work an have been working ever since as thats my way of life an my family's..

My mum has helped out now an then, brought the odd tyre or two an helped with taxin car :( but other than that i have alway's payed my way threw life..

If ya raised in money your not gonna think about cost of thing's really,especially if its just handed to you...

my friend recieved 56.000 for his 18th birthday and his first car was a 4L turbo jag 10k on the car and 6k on insurance he alsos had 26 cars in one year includin a evo 4 scoobys an alfa a leon curpa r etc some people have more money then sense

I was talking to a mates mate the other day. He was pissed off that both of us being the same age (hes a matter of months older) and I'm driving a small sports car, and hes still stuck with a ped.

I was talking to a mates mate the other day. He was pissed off that both of us being the same age (hes a matter of months older) and I'm driving a small sports car, and hes still stuck with a ped.

LMAO, some people where im from think i have the Glanza V not the S and they get pretty pissed off thinking that i have a faster car then them and i can't even drive it :(

suppose i cant say much my 16th birthday present was an ep70 to do up, although it was un beleivably cheap and rusty!!!!

but shes a minter now :( , i am lucky really!!!!!

ran out of luck, cant get a job and my car fund is empty ;)

suppose i cant say much my 16th birthday present was an ep70 to do up, although it was un beleivably cheap and rusty!!!!

Thats a little different to being brought a brand new car...

Somink like that your gonna love more as its your own hard work an money you have put into it to get it to a minter...

Thats the sort of thing im thinking of doing with my boys, buying an old car for them to do up...

Thats a little different to being brought a brand new car...

Somink like that your gonna love more as its your own hard work an money you have put into it to get it to a minter...

Thats the sort of thing im thinking of doing with my boys, buying an old car for them to do up...

if you can get an ep70 for 'em as cheap as mine i will eat my.... erm.... gear knob!!!!! :)

i will have to love it and drive carefully to keep insurance down (group 6 :p:p ;) ;) :( )

but yeah i see the difference