Bigman's '97 Matte Black Glanza Rep

@ dan - yeah hopefully next year sometime

@ ryan - its awesome! want to do the insides and engine bay matte black then the body matte white :thumbsup:

and going to fit the amber corners since everyone goes from amber to clear so im doing the opposite to be different :) and not sure if i should fit the glanza wings or leave the n/a ones? since cant seem to sell the glanza ones!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it will awesome matte white could well be the first one matte white? just remember and go over the matte back with white primer or u will be putting loads of matte white on to cover the black.

yeah well me and my mate are just doing it matte black with the spray cans since we cant get into the garage (his dads old car still in there!) but its going to get a proper respray sometime in the next few months so hoping to get it done matt white :thumbsup:

will keep the clear ones for when that happens :) and might just stick the glanza wings on it! haha

thanks for the comments and tips lads

a decision has been made....Its going matte white hopefully sometime within the next 6months :D

we are doing it with spray cans in my mates drive at the moment just so we can get it on the road and off his driveway :D

fitted the new wheels tonight and i love them! heres a couple of pics of it, need lowering springs for it :wub: hoping to get a set of pi lowering springs for it when i have enough cash for it. Also my mate test spray the wing with the paint we have, good finish apart from the lad i got the car off before has done a crap job of keying it down so its going to need some primer then getting sprayed :)

DSC00482.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00484.jpg

Wheels might get sprayed white!

• 2 weeks later...
G I saw your post in Liam's tread and thought I'd show you here..

This is the guide I used to get my Rear lights lighting up JDM style B)

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....636&hl=wire

legend

thanks mate :lol: my old man has got a soldering iron and stuff so hopefully get the lights wired up JDM style and the number plate surround as reverse.

Also tempted to save up and get either a Varis bumper or a 98spec with either a 96 or 98 splitter :lol:

opinions people?

BUT next step is getting it mot'd, taxed and on the road then maybe get it lowered!

hard choice there but id go for 98 spec front not many about tbh....and some livesport skirts...and a varis bonnet.....some nice rimage...and a fte.....

lol

yeah mostly '96 up my way but see what its like ones its painted, but would rather have a cruise bonnet :lol: and i like my little 14" wheels!

also have engine plans for the future and might be done end of next year not entirely sure yet!

got some plans for the future in my first post :lol:

Varis or 98 spec front are thee best for the V hands down really give it a aggressive stance do it all matte white not black and White like the link dont like that tbh

change your build thread tittle to matte White

No worries man, let me know if you get the reverse ligts working, I got completely stuck on which wire to splice into :p

yeah mate will let you know! lol

98/99 spec bumper with the splitter ftw :( please dont get a Varis bumper

yeah now hoping to get 98spec front bumper with splitter and optional splitter for the rear :D

Varis or 98 spec front are thee best for the V hands down really give it a aggressive stance do it all matte white not black and White like the link dont like that tbh

change your build thread tittle to matte White

yeah hoping to get a 98 spec front. And plan to paint it matte white but its getting done matte black as a temp measure since i already have the paint. The engine bay im thinking getting done matte black aswell as the insides but all the outer panels you see matte white :(

HELP: anyone know what laquer or where you get that gives you a matte effect? since think it would be easier to maybe get toyota white paint and use matte effect laquer. Hoping to save up and get a proper matte white paintjob on it.

Update: car is running well apart from the exhaust is blowing but thats a work in progress, the heaters work aswell as front headlights, but the dash light for the glanza headlights dont work!