My 5th Starlet Turbo,

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron - Change your harness point foryour right hand side strap to the mount on the rear arch, saves having 2 straps going through the same point.

My car went through scrutineering over the weekend and my harnesses were deemed safe.

For referance though - as per the 2010 MSA blue book, shoulder straps on harnesses are prefered to be 90 degrees horizontal, +/- 10 degrees, BUT anything up to 55 degrees below horizontal is acceptable.

http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/msa_for...or%20Safety.pdf

Page 30 of the PDF or 189 for the actual document

Enough waffling from me, get it over to Knockhill asap next year, ill pop down if im not away sprinting

Aaron - Change your harness point foryour right hand side strap to the mount on the rear arch, saves having 2 straps going through the same point.

My car went through scrutineering over the weekend and my harnesses were deemed safe.

For referance though - as per the 2010 MSA blue book, shoulder straps on harnesses are prefered to be 90 degrees horizontal, +/- 10 degrees, BUT anything up to 55 degrees below horizontal is acceptable.

http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/msa_for...or%20Safety.pdf

Page 30 of the PDF or 189 for the actual document

Enough waffling from me, get it over to Knockhill asap next year, ill pop down if im not away sprinting

cheers rory,ill change them over.

ill def be doing knockhill once ive got the glanza mapped. you can take me round in your gt now youve spent even more on it since i was last out in it.

you were at 'the dentist's' garage when i last seen it,nearly 2 years ago.

UPDATE>>>

well since buying the glanza ive bought

-forged engine

-external td04 kit

-100ft heat wrap

-few stickers

-front bumper canards

things ive done since last update,

-heatwrap manifold, and decat to backbox

-replace clutch release bearing

-fit e/w td04 kit,waiting on one bit to arrive before i can drive it.

to buy,..

-slam panel

-reverse scoop

just got a few things to sort,then ill be running .7 bar till i buy a power fc.

im goin to knock hill next month for the cars first go on track.

here is some pics i took tonight,

gl1.jpg

gl3.jpg

gl2.jpg

comments welcome as always

thanks for the comments guys

the screamer is heat wrapped and i turned the pipe round and it gave itmore room.

ill get 'the dentist' to map it.

put canards on and sprayed the mirrors black as the leftmirrorwas a terrible spray job.

new1.jpg

new5.jpg

new3.jpg

Aaron

• 3 months later...

UPDATE:

well the car has not been used much,due to being off the road for 8 weeks waiting on a gearbox and other bits,..then a drunk woman smashing the windows with a baseball bat.

first to be replaced was the windscreen with blue tint glass

picc.jpg

while i was fitting the aluminium civic rad where the botom of the screamer pipe sits is bang on with the top of the bottom rad hose,so i thought ,...itd be rude not to make it a side exit screamer

untitled.jpg

the screamer sounds so much better out the side,very raspy.

ill get a video up once the rear window is sorted as i love the sound of the exhaust too,best ive heard on my starlets imo.

next plans for the car is to buy decent tyres,bigger injectors, vf23 (from a mate), fpr, mappable ecu and a map at 1.5bar.

then ill be concentrating on bars and braces inc. arb ect.

once i get a chance to clean it ill put fresh pics up.

Aaron

• 2 weeks later...

well i decided to get a vf23 turbo,from a mate (off his scooby) and got it back on the road yesturday.

had abit of a job with the hot side of the intercooler but i like how it came out,shortest route possible.

i tidied afew bit and bobs up,getting rid of cable ties ect,straightening the radiator position ect.

pics,..

004.jpg

then tidied up the ties,...

002.jpg

003.jpg

and a jetwash clean

001.jpg

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

few pics after a clean.

i took my heatwrap off the manifold after reading a post on how having so much head that close to the head can cause seals ect to break.

after the drunk woman smashing my windows, i got a replacement boot,tho black,got damaged in freight,bit i had a bin bag as a rear window for 2months.

258.jpg

257.jpg

256.jpg

255.jpg

254.jpg

253.jpg

259.jpg

paisley frieght did this damage by the way,they were such a shit courier,didnt know where it was for few days

252.jpg

251.jpg

comments welcome