Q About Bonnet Raising

Just raised teh bonnet on my SR bout 20mm.. Those who have it raised do you have problem with rain getting into the bay cause of the raising?

And also my bay has a button for the alarm (the bonnet rests on it so it thinks its shut) but cause ive raised it it isn't touching it. Its got a plug going to it.. Can i just take it out and the alarm work as normal? I would of thought so yes?

Heres some crappy pictures:

SP_A0195.jpg

SP_A0196.jpg

I've duct taped it so the alarm thinks the bonnet is always shut but worried about the tape coming off :thumbsup:

Thanks, Luke.

hahahah says auto boy

the tape will be fine, try and adjust it if not just relocate it to the front easy enough to do

:thumbsup:

Yep think ill leave the tape on, ill check it every other day.. Hope my alarm just doesn't go off when im at work :(

haha loving the tape :(

either glue/silicone somthing to your bonnet so the button gets pressed back down when the bonnet is closed or do the same again but to the button for when the bonnet touches it.

glue/silicone are easy to get off for when your done with it and also hold well :thumbsup:

- MJ

Ahh i may put some silicone over the button pressed in.. Didn't think of that, ta :thumbsup:

but then the alarm wont sound when the bonnet is opened with the alarm on... wise move??

id just look into stickin somthing to the bonnet that will push the button down tbh, easily done!

- MJ

but then the alarm wont sound when the bonnet is opened with the alarm on... wise move??

id just look into stickin somthing to the bonnet that will push the button down tbh, easily done!

- MJ

Hmmm i guess :thumbsup:

Ill have to have a play on the weekend :(

just raise the sensor up by 20mm or relocate it to the front. the wire isn't hard to extend its only single core wire. just make sure if you do extend it make sure its a good connection and the joins in the wire are waterproof

Lol!!! i waited 3 years to study pharmacy was the lowest in my class at one point i got mocked and laughed at all the time by family and teachers alike.......whos the one laughing now??

£60k a year?? YES SIR!!

I didnt choose the uni based on the night life/drinking etc although ive been told newcastle offers some of the finest....

Meh its only abit of banter, you got the chance to import a fine example of a car from japan the pick of the crop as it were and you got a standard auto of all things.....

duno bout anyone else but if u raise the bonnet u can clearly see the heat wave going up your windscreen, wen at a standstill, tis cool. not sure if an NA will get that hot tho...

i did do it on my car, but got sick of people telling me my bonnet is open/popped.. :/

Mine gets surprisingly hot :thumbsup: