N/a Caribbean Blue

hi

my name's Dan ive got a caribbean blue starlet that ive had for about a month. absolutely love it! :D

i know im a noob (and 'slightly' pissed ) so cant figure out how to put pictures on :/

ive got a few plans for it as time & money allows but hopefully will end up with something slightly different :)

Dan.

SPM_A0110.jpg

SPM_A0109.jpg

SPM_A0105.jpg

SPM_A0103.jpg

SPM_A0102.jpg

SPM_A0101.jpg

what it may look like in the future with the minlites

SPM_A0113.jpg

SPM_A0114.jpg

SPM_A0115.jpg

haha :D i knew there would be some controversy over the miniltes! i am undecided atm about putting them on, i only tried them on yesterday as we've got a uno turbo sitting at work with them on and i had a few minutes spare at the end of the day so just had to try :D . its not necessarily that i like the wheels just love the poke out the arches! might have to investigate spacers and slightly smaller wheels to avoid any inteferance.

i think the colour is very sexual and goes well with black rims so atleast the colour scheme should remain (for now).

oh and i live in stratford-upon-avon but NO i'm not a posh c*nt! :)

13"x7" are definately tempting! dunno what colour, the bodyshop guy at work is trying to persuade me many different ways but i think i might try glow in the dark orange to start. i have never seen it before and fancy a change ( regardless of what rims she's wearing! :) )

Liam_D: as i said, i live in stratford. dunno what MFN is but i bought the car from a lad in derby if that helps :D .

anyone know of any meets in west mids anytime soon? need to get out there and meet some of the community. haha :D

Dan.

thanks idrees. appologies for not being able to work everything yet, i am new to forums.

was thinking of starting a thread in members other rides about the mini in the first picture. can anyone work out what it is? £10 pound to the geezer who can :) .

Dan.

so got up this morning to go to work and was very pleased to see that some little c*nt had put a nice key scratch from the O/S door to the boot lid!!! :lol:

i think it really sets the car off with that little something extra. might add a few more and go for the rat look!

• 1 month later...

on another subject from cosmetics. i had to go into work today to refit my cat for m.o.t as the bloke i bought the car from had taken it off. but as was evident from the time i first drove the car the flanges he had made for the de-cat pipe had no gasket and were not meeting eachother at all so was blowing like a young dutch girl on a bank holiday! so i bought 4 flanges along with bolts & gaskets for £20 (after trade discount!) then prosceded to take the entire exhaust off to cut all the 'dodgy' bits out and weld in new pieces. after a mere 2 1/2 hours of cutting, grinding, welding & and re-doing all the previous i managed to get it sorted. so should get through m.o.t on monday as it only failed on emsissions ( due to no cat) and one handbrake cable brake having fallen/corroded away so replaced it with a small 'P' clip to hold it in place. otherwise no probs at all, which for a 12 year old car with no history i am quite impressed with :)

• 3 months later...

Been a while so thought i would update with a few little bits ive done, nothing major!

firstly it was annoying not having a rev gauge and after reading up abit about fitting paseo or glanza dials, it seemed a right mishwarrn! so decided to just get a digital tacho and save the hassle.

Found it on fleebay and with the mount was only about 20 quid. really easy to wire in and works a treat :D will clean up the wiring when i can be arsed.

IMG00072-20110304-1729.jpg

next, i was given two induction cones by a mate for free. they were red originally and pretty scratched etc so i wasnt planning on doing anything with them. but then a bloke i know who is a painter and works a few units down from me asked if he could buy one off me so i offered him it for free if he could paint the other. he agreed so i chose a purpley blue flip colour (as i want to do a few purple accents on the car). i then found some rubber hose which had a wire coil in it to avoid kinks and routed it to the airfilter, attached with cable ties in various places (lightweight ftw!) and an old transit van exhaust heat shield adapted to fit round the pipe where it goes past the fanimold. cut down an old airbox pipe at work off some french shed that was going to the scrappy's to attach the cone to the pipe as it was exactly the same size and couldnt stretch due to wire coil.

i know it all sounds a bit bodge but end result is a tasty little FREE mod :p

IMG00069-20110304-1703.jpg

other than that just a few choice stickers

IMG00070-20110304-1704.jpg

IMG00068-20110304-1703.jpg

IMG00067-20110304-1703.jpg

IMG00066-20110304-1703.jpg

IMG00065-20110304-1703.jpg

IMG00064-20110304-1702.jpg

IMG00063-20110304-1702.jpg

cocked up the speedbumps one which im abit gutted about but from a distance it just looks like white outline round the writing :p

oh and finally got a white tyre marking pen and did my tyres, i think they dogs danglies with the writing in white!

IMG00062-20110304-1702.jpg

thats all for now folks.

all comments welcome :)

Dan.

UPDATE:

basically ive got new wheels. if you look in the first post in the first picture ive swapped wheels off that mini. when we did that mini project at work about 6 months ago (mini pickup body lengthened and widened on-top of a beastly fiat uno turbo, thread to come about that!) i told my boss that it needed black wheels since our general colour scheme at work is black and orange. he didnt agree and kept the white wheels. today however he said "i reckon the pickup would look good with black wheels, why dont you put yours on so i can have a look". so i swapped the wheels over, and instantly he fell in love with them and said he WAS going to have them. i do like the white ones but prefer the black ones so i wasnt so keen. anyway, long story short. ive ended up with the white ones with 4 brand new tyres (my black ones were all fairly worn having recently swapped rears to front), hes also paid for my 2 new driveshafts ive just had and bought me a dominos for lunch :o and also paid £30 for me to go to an event this weekend with drinks on top! ;)

anyway, im rambling ill let the pictures do the talking :p

IMG00078-20110311-1710.jpg

IMG00077-20110311-1709.jpg

IMG00082-20110311-1718.jpg

IMG00080-20110311-1717.jpg

IMG00079-20110311-1717.jpg

IMG00081-20110311-1718.jpg

just to add, the pickup looks sooo much more of a beast now. And ive got another 1/2 inch lower FTW!

Dan.