can't start thread on Mozilla Firefox?

Same here with Firefox, you can qoute by ticking quote an post then you just have to edit the post to allow you to type!!! its fast reply only with Firefox though, if i start a thread i use Google Chrome personnaly dont like IE

I almost always use fast reply, so I have no idea when this started. Realised it was happening for me today when I tried to quote.

Both Add Reply and New Topic do this: I can type in the text field, but cannot select where I want to start typing (below a quote for instance). It forces me to type at the beginning of all text. Pressing Enter/Return works fine however, but arrow keys, or using the cursor pointer do not work, removing the ability to 'move around' in a block of text.

bit harsh lyk......^

its usable i still get errors on my laptop and iphone pretty sure enzo and co. are doing there bit mate if someone could remind enzo of the errors/firefox issues/sparkys dilema im sure he will do his best

There is loads of bugs on the forum. To me it seems like admin couldn't give a fuck, as long as they don't have the problem.

Pardon fucking you?? care to choose to rethink your brain fart before u and i have words genius??

in fact fuck it, lets do it now.

first off, i am no fucking IT wizard, so greatest apologies to u if i am so ignorant as to the ways of coding and programming as to be able to address this in the back end of the forum.

not that i need to explain myself to you at any point, but my background isn't in IT, and the last class i took in IT was half way through 5th form at grammar school, so again, u will excuse me for not being able to fix this issue even tho i am as u have so pointedly noted "Admin".

Geo is the man with the IT knowledge, u dont like something or u dont like my reply, then fuck off and PM him about it. Not once have i ever been accused about not giving a shit about this forum or its members, I've put more hours into the forum than u can fathom, and more money and effort coming to england to meet our members than u know, so i suggest u either apologise for having the stupidity to claim that of all people on this forum, I dont give a shit about members, or u get the fuck out of my face and find urself someone else to try to have a go at.

and before i leave u almighty and knowledgable one, you will notice where this topic was started in the first place, in the feedback area, so Geo will see it. I am sure he is ever so sorry at not being able to log in every hour to check that no one is having a little problem or needs their nose wiped, but he will see this thread and if there is a problem he will fix it.

clearly im just shit admin and need to go away and think about my attitude and behaviours and be learning all about forum software manipulation. i am ashamed of myself. what has my mother raised.

i simply stated that the platform i was employing was working fine if people wanted an interim solution. excuse me for not having a degree from MIT, your so clever, u fix it.

Phil.

Woah. Put the hand bags away lads.

It's not a big issue and I know geo is busy with other things but it is slightly annoying have to reopen an other browser to start a thread.

I can live with it. But it would be nice to know that you guys would have a look at sorting this out.

Safe

I have no doubt that Geo will look at it as soon as he can, he is aware of the glitches and limitations of the software, what i dont appreciate is it being thrust on my doorstep as if i have some magic touch to fix it, and am obliged by the title under my avatar to drop everything every time someone has a little problem. remember, i dont get paid for this, i do everything in my own time, and as such there is only so much that i can get round to, so i will be excused if things take a little time or if some things are out of my control. i wont be spoken to like some Man Friday who is paid to do a job or that as paying members there is some right to speak to me as if i owe u something.

bear in mind the number of PMs i get and problems i resolve on a daily basis. bear in mind that every time there is a dispute over a sale i am involved. bear in mind who it was had to write rules and regulations for show attendance TO PROTECT THE MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM should something have happened at JAE.

u think i dont do enough around here u are welcome to the admin badge under your names, see how well u can do. i dont mind helping people with their problems, its part of my nature and part of my role here and im very proud to do it, but i wont be spoken to as if someone pays me a wage and as such has some right to dictate how i do my duties here on UKSC. u think i aint doing a good enough job, lets see your IT degree and your welcome to have a bash at fixing it urself.

Geo owns and runs 28 forums, so it may take him some time to address the minor incoviences of our software, but bearing in mind that for the most part the place is running fine bar a few technicalities, i dont think there's much to bitch about, yes the glitches are annoying, but they will be fixed. where the hell do u think the donations go to anyway??!! i'll tell u, into paying for the forum software and updates to keep it ticking over, some of the technical problems will be out of our hands bearing in mind we dont write or program the damn software.

as i said, i understand that the glitch is annoying, and i appreciate people making Geo and I aware of it, THATS THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS SECTION AFTERALL, and i would be grateful if people could continue to highlight any errors in the software. but i would also appreciate that folk bear in mind that things take time to resolve, there is no magical Admin "Fix It" button!

Phil.

Well, your reply could have been something more along the lines of...

Thanks for reporting this, I am sure Geo will look at it as soon as possible, but in the mean time you could use G Chrome as a work around.

As your reply, to me sounded like you were just not bothered about it being fixed. Also, the thread I made about 'Remember Me' it didn't happen to you, and it got left. You will see where I am coming from.

And I am Microsoft qualified in IT, and have other qualifications like CompTIA A+ etc, but that's all irrelivent.

I have ran and owned many forums in my time as well as had my own web hosting company.

I appreciate you are not good with the coding aspect, which is no problem at all as not all admin is about that. I mearly (word?) meant your reply looked like you wern't bothered about getting the problem fixed. I know there is no magic fix it button, I wasn't saying it should have been fixed there and then.

I would hapily help out, where asked I don't mind at all.

Craig

the day i aint bothered about something on UKSC is the day i hang up my boots.

just because i dont specify that i am aware or concerned over something doesnt mean that im not. chances are pretty damn good that I've read the thread, but again, i deal with alot of PMs and personal problems and tryin to keep everything right around here, and there are only so many hours in the day even tho i come into work 30minutes early soley to come on to UKSC, that is 100% true.

all u needed to read in my reply was that i was aware of the situation and as such it would be communicated to Geo. but again, u ask those that met me at JAE this year, to conceive that i am not bothered about anything to do with UKSC is a long, long way off the mark. i simply dont see the need to spell out every thought i have regarding every single matter. i'd never get through the forum if i did.

so, i can appreciate your view on the matter, but if u knew me at all u would know that I take things very seriously around here, period. my concern and dedication to the site and her members is not something that needs worried about and i think the majority of the members know that.

again, Geo will see this, but i will make a point of personally highlighting this one to him for priority consideration.

Cheers.

Phil.

Apologies, however I just saw the reply of:

Fast Reply and Google Chrome.

just do that and stop being silly billys!

Phil.

As if you wernt bothered, and wernt going to do anything by saying 'just do that and stop being silly'

Like I said though, I apreciate things take time and not everything can be done by anyone ;)

Craig

Having met Phil at JAE, i can catergorically state that he puts his heart and soul in to UKSC and i believe any issue raised with him will be taken as far as is possible, i myself use firefox and google chrome when needed its not that much of a biggy, annoying yes but how many other browsers are availble for us all to use.

xxxxxx

John