Heya guys i have been signed up here since before i even got a glanza and tbh i should have started this build thread the day i bought her but instead i have jsut been reading and posting really!

So now im gonna have to kinda start a build thread even though there has been a lot of work done already but here goes!

I bought the Glanza back in june time 2009 and tbh it needed a few things doing to it

lemme see if i can find some pictures because i dont take many pictures but im gonna start!!

glanzaold4.jpg

glanzaold2.jpg

glanzaold1.jpg

glanzaold.jpg

So yeah that pretty much how i got it.

i did a little bit of painting under the engine bay lol and i know yes its VERY colourful under there

And obviously gave it a very good clean because the last guy didnt really look after the paintwork very well so there was and still are alot of bad points on the paintwork.

also i fitted some d2 track coilies to here which are on in the first 2 pics but the rear was seized up hence why i could lower th rear but the front was pretty low..

When i bought the car, it came with some sort of back box but the rest of the system was standard, it came with a forge motorsport bov, some i 15" alloys which look like mr2 standard alloys lol, and a boost gauge and thats all so it was a pretty good base to start on as the car engine wise and looks was standard!

This is really difficult because i didnt take any pics so i guess its just gonna be writing for ya all to read.. hope ya all dont mind!

for the first year of ownership i only purchased a few things and just worked on keeping the car going lol. over the year i just Bought some lightweight enkie wheels (for sale atm) and a 98 spec front bumper with carbon canards and a laguna splitter off a member on here i think he is called danny.. Also purchased a air filter relocation kit with JR blue cotton filter and a HKS actuator.

S6301231.jpg

S6301219.jpg

S6301220.jpg

S6301221.jpg

Just a few with the 98 spec bumper fitted

Then one day i was at work and thought you know what i just want big power (not compared to some) so i just got on the phone to nick at tuning developments and after a month or so of chatting and exchanging PMs i had a list sorted of what i wanted doing and then i got her booked in.

i dropped her off and she got the following done to her:

Aircon removal

JPerformance Front mount intercooler (massive)

JPerformance CT9 manifold

JPerformance full catback 2.5" exhaust system

Tuning developments 255l/h Fuel pump

G-Reddy Emanage Ultimate ECU with 3 bar map sensor

Mapped on standard CT9 to 1bar

So when i picked her back up it was safe to say that i was pleased with the result of the Glanza trip to tuning developments!! and the map was spot on however when i was there nick and mike noted that my clutch was slipping as the turbo was passing around 0.8 bar so anything passed that the clutch is slipping... which is annoying. lol.

After a while i got annoyed with my coilies and then took a trip up to Zac in bradford? i think lol! and picked up some tanabe front dampers and springs and then standard dampers and TTe srpings on the rear and then sold my D2 coilies onwards. So now im rolling comfy but with no cornering ability whatsoever lol!

Anywho!! Onwards! Just recently i developed a squeek coming from the pulleys and belts and after numeroud attempts at tightening these up with no avail i took it my trusty mechanic and he informed me that the crank seal was leaking and on its way out and was leaking oil onto the pulleys causing a constant annoying squeek... With this in mind i ordered a new crank seal and also a timing belt as this made sense to change it while that part of the engine was been worked on and also went all out and purchase a brand new SPEC 6 Puk clutch fron Tuning developments so there will be no problem with the slipping clutch in the future :D

Currently the car is in the garage getting the crank seal, clutch and timing belt and flywheel skimmed done and should get that back in a few days with a hefty bill!

So here are the recentish pictures of my glanza to show what she looks like nowadays compared to what it looked like when i BOUGHT (not BROUGHT! ;)) her!

blacknwhiteglanza-1.jpg

hunberbridgeshot-1.jpg

new2.jpg

Risingsun.jpg

Alos just purchased some new shoes for her and will be fitted next week at some point but probably wont look to amazing just yet because of the ride height

pics:

newshoes.jpg

They are a set of rota cups 16" with stretched tyres, also bought these off a guy on here!

So yeah guys there ya go that my glanza for you guys to look at, now i know this isnt much of a build up thread because like i said i aint much of a picture whore but i will turn into one from now on and will be updating this whenever my car gets an update ;) next one should be with the wheels fitted next week some time!

Let me know your opinions guys, good or bad i dont mind as long as its constructive critism ;)

Thanks,

Dan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah man that civic looks absolutely lush doesnt it... i would love to own a civic like that ;)

Yeah Zac cheers, im still rocking that suspension at the moment but gonna have to sell them on and get some meisters now to suit the wheels ;) Your car was awsome when i came to see it, some bits i am very jealous of :D I got myself an armrest now though so thats one part ticked of the list, im after a short shift kit now though ;)

Cheers for the nice comments so far guys :D

yeah man the armrest i got for a steal off ebay...... i got it for 20 quid ;) BOOM! bargain of the year for me that was ;)

only problem is when i was fitting it, the 2 bolts that screw into the botttom of the car that hold the armrest in place have mis threaded and i cant seem to get the bolts back in now ;) so im guessing im gonna have to somehow re-tap the holes with a new thread? :D

Dan

Heya man!

Sweeet you riding low now then? :p How did ya get em unseized? Just a load of heat and a good clean?

And thanks dude appreicate the comment, should be getting some new coilies in a couple o months hopefully and then slam mine on some nice Rota Cups :thumbsup: But got plently of saving to do first!

Dan

Heya man!

Sweeet you riding low now then? :p How did ya get em unseized? Just a load of heat and a good clean?

And thanks dude appreicate the comment, should be getting some new coilies in a couple o months hopefully and then slam mine on some nice Rota Cups :D But got plently of saving to do first!

Dan

plenty of WD40, a small pry bar, a hammer, a can of redbull and some good old brute force haha..

yeah sitting nice now, guna give mine a good clean n do a few other little bits n ill get a thread thrown up on here my self :thumbsup:

plenty of WD40, a small pry bar, a hammer, a can of redbull and some good old brute force haha..

yeah sitting nice now, guna give mine a good clean n do a few other little bits n ill get a thread thrown up on here my self B)

Haha nice matey :D i couldnt be bothered to get them unseized again, i did it once when i got them originally and then they seized again so i thought fook it lol :thumbsup: Glad ya got em working though and glad ya stayed signed up :p

Also i would just get it up now because i started mine only new and i have owned mine for 1 and half yearsa nd regret i didnt bang one up straight away... makes it uch less interesting if ya start half way through :D

nice glanz man, some nice pics :D

Thanks dude! should be some much nicer pics when i get my car back with the new SPEC 6 puk clutch in and the Rota Cups fitted :D

They have like 0.5mm of legal tread left on the tyre but they should be good for a little test fit and a photoshoot

glad you liked the alloys...

when you putting them on? or are you going to change colour first?

Yeaaah dude i love the alloys :D

I am hoping to get them fitted next week but obviously there is only like 50 miles left in those tyres if that so i am gonna have to get them sorted next week and need to get some spigot rings and then they can be fitted :D

Erm nah not gonna change the colour just yet, want to see how they look when they are fitted then decide on the colour change after i have had them fitted for a while :thumbsup: im thinking either a blue centre or a green centre or maybe a even a nickel colour centre (girlfriend idea) but we will see :p

There wil deffo be plenty of picks up when i fit them though :D maybe even a sneaky few pics of bearface's Jam kitted Glanza aswell :D

Dan.