UKSC Monster Motosport Rolling road day 2011

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

86.8bhp i made, but we changed the fuel pressure and it felt alot better, but we couldnt get back on for a re-run :thumbsup:

made 87.5 last year, confident it would have been better 2nd time around, after the alterations but wasnt allowed back on :)

the biggest problem is the rev limiter :( he said it was still making power at the limiter too so gotta get it raised

here we go boys and girls

the car did 90.4HP and the graphs are below

starletdyno25-6-2011pg1of2.jpg

starletdyno25-6-2011pg2of2.jpg

right this is how it reads first hp/AFR:

look how free reving the motor is now with this set up every 500rpm thr is a steep climb of hp compared to the stanard, thw not as much hp at bottom going to mid range but the hp keeps being delivered at near anuff the same rate right to top and not tapering off, this is the added acceleration that the lads have given feed back to me about this set up and not seeming to hit a limmit (increased speeds top end). the first problem is i would say its running lean up to around 2.5k rpm then it seems to get the right fueling bref then lean which hurts the hp, thn at 4k-4.8k gets it right showing a pick up thn lean causing a horride woble thn takes a masive drop going rich and gets the fueling right on the way down givein a good hp gain but going to far to rich and hurting top end hp at the limmit. look at he standard graphs u will see a smoother fueling and hp curve but tottaly different. even thw the fueling is good inbetween 12.0-14.7, i would say fueling on acceleration for this motor would be 13.8 which i think the standard pretty much hits this constant. this is y i put a fuel reg on ryans before he went on, i set it to run at .1 over standard but on accel would increase fuel presure by .2 on standard which his read out came back with AFR of around 14.0 constant and i mean straight right to the same point as raffas thn does a nose dive and goes super rich, on ryans think it hit 12.8 which crippeld his top end.

KidV got millions of pics they should be up tomorrow i would have thought

thanks for all attending was a brill little meet. thanks to Mike and the MM team for having us too :thumbsup:

indeedy. apologies to all for not posting pics of the day sooner, been super busy with the project though. as many of you will know myself and matt went pretty much straight to davids after the event to pick up his glanza and was working on it straight through the night and all sunday...

hopefully tonight should be a mass picture update for the MM RRday and the 'sportiV' threads respectively. :)

was another good meet up, cheers to all that ventured out, 'see yall next yeeeaaarrr!' :(

now look at raffas torque graph and note that at egzact the same point the fueling does a sign wave 3.75k rpm the torque sufers bad (thw still much better thn the standard and maintaining peak for longer thn the roller mani). look as the fueling starts to go mega rich around 6k the torque picks right back up. i can smooth this line out to near anuff a smooth curve connecting 3.7k - 6k with a much improved curve. hopfully helping to give a little more at peak also.

thr are other problems at work here also like heat. the air charge is to lean for me starting off, this will add lots of heat to the air charge around 3.5k with cylinder thermal eff suffering

chris

need to see more if poss lads the turbos and the N/A. with your set ups wrote down.

lov this shiv.

• 8 months later...