Dan's Starlet EP91

I've had my starlet since September 2010 for my first car and love it so far. Took a couple of months to find a decent one but was worth it. Was owned by an old woman for 12 years and had only done 66,000 miles. Had some kerbing on both the left alloys along with some damage to the rear arch but otherwise i thought it was a good find.

DSC03042.jpg

Been unsure on how much I want to modify it as might be going to Uni this year and will have to sell it if I do. So far I've had the standard alloys powder coated in off white and installed a JVC stereo and Kenwood speakers in the front. Paint was fading and looked a bit pink so got the t-cut out and the original paint came up instantly!

Powder coated rim from my dads work after spending a week paint stripping and sanding.

DSC03031.jpg

Starlet with white rims on and a bloody good clean.

DSC03227.jpg

Will get some seat covers, car mats and new aerial this week. Hopefully visit a breakers yard to get central locking, corolla inlet manifold and some glanza body parts this month. Exhaust backbox is on the way out so need something big and loud. Wouldnt mind lowering it too :thumbsup:

Love the colour u going for the glanza rep look dude

Cheer mate. Not sure how much I want to spend on it as i might only have it till september if I goto uni. Hopefully turn it into a glanza rep, love the looks with body kit and standard steelies.

Won a exhaust on eBay the other week and it was delivered the other day. 4" inch burnt tip back box fitted to a ep85 but can be easily fitted to a ep91 by modifying the hanger. The only problem is after ringing up my insurance I found out that I'm currently on a student policy that doesn't allow for car modifications, its still £1400 a year for 3rd party fire and theft though!

DSC03532.jpg

Not sure what I'm going to do about this at the moment, might sell it on here if anyone interested or will try and find another insurance company that's a bit more lenient. Could always not declare it but I don't know what the risk is in that.

Anyway I be installing my new aerial, stickers and hopefully removing the bumper strips this weekend.

DSC03533.jpg

Halford roof aerial as a present from rents for christmas.

DSC03534.jpg

Awesome JDM sticker from ebay. Should be getting some others off a mate too.

• 1 month later...

So far i've spent most of my spare time this month taking the side bumper strips off and tidying it up. The sticky tape is an absolute pain to get off. Found out that the one side of the car has been resprayed up to the bumper strip so now i have a line of paint down the side, looks a mess :/

Got my bumper the other day and seeing as its half term for me decided to test fit it. Should have it resprayed and on the car this week. Had a look to see if i could fit the exhaust myself to find that it wont simple bolt on, so yet more work to do. Thats it for my rant, need to get my car done haha.

DSC03975.jpg

The bumper didnt come with any arch linings and now my standard ones wont reach the bottom of the bumper. Should i get some glanza ones or will mud flaps cover it?

• 1 month later...

Got my bumper sprayed a while ago, decided to do it myself with a fuck load of halfords cans so the finish isn't amazing but it will do for a while. The wing mirrors turned out pretty good though. Need to get the rear arch repainted and the drivers door so might take it down to a mate in devon in the summer after seeing the paint job he did on someone else's civic CustomWorx

DSC04478.jpg

Decided i'm going to sell the exhaust as i think its too big for my car. But i need to replace the backbox and mid section this month as its on the way out.

Todo:

1.) Replace exhaust backbox and mid section

2.) Get a set of 15" alloys, preferably white

3.) Buy lowering spring

4.) Parcel shelf speakers

5.) Get paint repaired

bumper looks pretty cool to say it home jobbie, did you use rattle cans?

Yeh was a stupid amount of hassle, used 4 or 5 halfords cans. Went over with a bit of t-cut a week later just to make it glossy. Still think it needs to be done professionally though.

is the rattle cans from halfords the ones with that laquer based stuff in so it doesnt need to be laquerd or did you laquer it aswell?

either way think it looks alright but i bet its close up you really see it.

is the rattle cans from halfords the ones with that laquer based stuff in so it doesnt need to be laquerd or did you laquer it aswell?

either way think it looks alright but i bet its close up you really see it.

Yeh it was the stuff that didnt need to be lacquered. Its not the best finish but looks alright from a distance :L

• 3 months later...

After driving around with the exhaust blowing for at least 2 months I finally had enough and got it replaced. I took the plunge to go for a custom mid section and back box at a local exhaust fitters. Turned out to be more expensive than i thought but the finish and noise of the thing is incredible.

DSC04854.jpg

DSC04851.jpg

DSC04848.jpg

DSC04845.jpg

Now that i've finally got it done i'm actually thinking of selling the car to go towards my uni funds this year. It's a shame but i could really do with the money. If anyone's interesting private message me.