• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to keep this up to date. I have a few photos of how we tidied up the rear for storage, a few of the damage to the sump (can't believe its not leaking) and few photos of the new wing and glanza clocks.

DSC01181.jpg

DSC01182.jpg

DSC01183.jpg

DSC01180.jpg

DSC01199.jpg

DSC01200.jpg

DSC01256.jpg

DSC01258.jpg

DSC01260.jpg

DSC01169.jpg

DSC01212.jpg

DSC01253.jpg

Just a wee note, regarding the dials I read on here that you cannot swap the trip from a sportif to a glanza. You can, it fiddily work but its far handier than winding the clocks back or forth.

my sump is in the same state :lol: all for doing a good deed and pulling up onto a kerb because an ambulance was behind me

Not good. We had a fairly substantial sump guard on. I'll have to throw some photos of it up. Its totally wrecked. Thinking cap is now on to come up with something stronger but no heavier.

• 9 months later...

Quick update...the Starlet is still going strong despite all efforts to break it. Couple of recent photos....

Nice new trip and countdown timer / stopwatch timing gear with shroud...

Dash.jpg

Trying really quite hard here!

PMC2012.jpg

New quad-lamp setup on the front - like staring into the sun when she lights up!

SummerLanes2012.jpg

We're about to spend a few more quid on the car with some upgrades (like decent tyres, shock horror - at the minute we're running tyres and rims we got off a 20yr old Cavalier found in a barn ) - have posted a Wanted ad in the Classifieds, at http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55710.

Basically the intention is

Some decent Yoko A021Rs for the front

Looking into Eibach or similar adjustable camber bolts on the front, as well as the adjustable camber top-mount setup for the front struts

Polybush all round

Whiteline ARB for the rear

Possibly a rear strut brace (though with the cage in she's stiff as already in the back)

Hydraulic handbrake :)

Maybe a short-shifter - might not suit with the hydraulic handbrake though, will have to see what room is left on the transmission tunnel.

Also, does anyone know if GT Turbo shocks are stiffer than standard EP91 N/A, and if so would OEM parts fit our car?

Edited by aquascrotum

Great project! There is a thread on aus starlet site on how to raise the rev limiter with a 10p resistor.

You hardly seen a 93 gt starlet doing the same even in dublin?

I sold my old gt shell to a lad that was using it for that type of events....

The crystal you mention does raise the rev limit but screws with the afr iirc, also depending on your mods you probably wont need a higher rev limit...most 4efes on the forum only need to rev to 5-6k after than its pointless bar enzos gen 1

I sold my old gt shell to a lad that was using it for that type of events....

There are only 2 starlets in N Ireland doing these events but in RoI every other car is a starlet-in a 70 car entry probably 45 would be starlets, mostly boxys and ep82s though. So am sure I've seen your shell!

The crystal you mention does raise the rev limit but screws with the afr iirc, also depending on your mods you probably wont need a higher rev limit...most 4efes on the forum only need to rev to 5-6k after than its pointless bar enzos gen 1

Excuse the ignorance, whats the afr?

Am not looking for an increased power output from the ecu mod-just need the higher redline as on some of the short autotesty stuff well have a section where you'd be bouncing on the redline for a few seconds but an up change isn't worthwhile-a couple of hundred more rpm is all we need. Seems to be a common mod on the other starlets in our class.

• 2 months later...

So an update. After a bit to work to get through MOT (huge hole in the rear n/s arch), we entered our first night navigation in just under a year. It was tight goin at times, trying to get into the swing of keeping regularity again. And we had alot of braking and understeer issues with cheap tyres on the front but we managed a class win.

Then I had her out on Saturday past for a lanes event. Some great stages, had a rather close moment with a set of tyres. It was taking me a while to get used to the car being more tail happy as we now have a rear arb fitted and its hardest setting. So the times I was setting weren't great but about half way through we were in a stage in a car park and everything was going so nicely, hitting every apex, very little wheel spin and controlling the slides, UNTILL.......

I slid sideways straight into a kerb. That was us out. I managed to shift the axle across to the right by about 3inches, bending the panhard rod which in turn pierced our petrol tank.

As always, photos...

MOT Prep

546241_10152142081605694_1730215781_n-1.jpg

45301_10152142493560694_1132513532_n.jpg

304075_10152142493300694_689747256_n.jpg

559633_10152142494450694_88693781_n-1.jpg

The Rally

IMG_0525-vi.jpg

IMG_0532-vi.jpg

IMG_0534-vi.jpg

IMG_0333-vi.jpg

IMG_0335-vi.jpg

IMG_0337-vi.jpg

The Damage

306822_10152234285910694_242606350_n.jpg

599046_10152234285980694_514023100_n.jpg

407731_10152234286075694_1132055337_n.jpg

damage.jpg

417099_10152234286195694_1227251351_n.jpg

Edited by navrallystarlet
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I last read this, and it is still going brilliantly. Liking the new look front end, and I'm loving the motion photos. Shame to hear about your recent troubles, time to start scouring ebay to find a cheap donor for everything you may need?

• 11 months later...

Just thought I would update this. After the accident we replaced axle and fixed the tank and lost heart in the project. We wanted more power and given that due to the regulations in our sport that you can't run a turbo, we decided to get a new project. So we sold this to a guy who now competes in sprints in it. For all I know the new owner is on here. I do regret selling such a reliable solid car. Our new project is a VVC 145bhp Rover 100 which is full of rust and renowned for reliability issues. But we are enjoying the build so far. I do still have a quick shift and whiteline arb that I'm looking to sell. So if anyones interested pm me. I'll get a for sale thread up for these soon.