My brother (aquascrotum) and I have have been on this forum since buying the car last June but never got round to making a topic on here. So it was a bought as a standard Sportif with a knackered radiator and rough enough repair job on the passenger sill. We use it for navigation rallies, so it has been fixed up and stripped out. Navigation rallying is intended to be a fairly cheap side of motorsport so we are quite stingey with the modding. So far modifications include:

Mk1 MR2 teardrop alloys

Corolla Manifold

Front strut brace

spotlights

TTE back box

Back seats stripped out

2x 4 point harness's

Custom petrol can carrier

Navigator's foot plate

Switch panel

Trip meter

Clock

Navigators note clip

As I've already said, it hasn't got too many modifications, so it's probably the plainest thing on this site but also something a bit different. But she's a dam good wee car that can stick the pace. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

As we got her:

DSC00336.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

The bodywork:

DSC00411.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

The wheels, spots and flaps:

IMG_0481.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00405.jpg

DSC00399.jpg

Interior:

DSC00402.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

Edited by navrallystarlet
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be a bit of fun ;)

Used to love watching road rallying, my old man and uncle used to do alot of it, also toyota fan boys both driving AE86's and celica GT4's at one point ;)

Any more plans for this?

Last weekend further mods were made to the dashboard when I finally got my hands on a tripmeter. Its a bit old (dated 1979) and battered but still works fine. So it was all wired in and the clock repositioned to make room for it. We are also refurbing the alloys as they are at least 20yrs old and were looking a tad flaky in places. The colour change was more for the crack, so don't worry we are well aware how naff it might look. ;) Oh and we got the backbox fitted too.

DSC00630.jpg

DSC00631.jpg

DSC00636.jpg

DSC00644.jpg

DSC00645.jpg

DSC00664.jpg

DSC00647.jpg

DSC00661.jpg

DSC00652.jpg

DSC00653.jpg

DSC00654.jpg

DSC00658.jpg

DSC00660.jpg

DSC00662.jpg

These last pictures are from after the last rally we competed in. It was an all nighter event stretching 170 competitive miles starting at 11pm. We finished just before 7am. No problems with the car at all, other than its a little bouncy at the back which can throw her out at times. Came 3rd in class. ;)

DSC00561.jpg

DSC00562.jpg

DSC00563.jpg

DSC00564.jpg

DSC00565.jpg

Must be a bit of fun ;)

Used to love watching road rallying, my old man and uncle used to do alot of it, also toyota fan boys both driving AE86's and celica GT4's at one point ;)

Any more plans for this?

Finishing off the wheels tonight. Then checking the back brakes to get her ready for a special stage regularity event next Saturday. Think a rear ARB is on the cards, and some stiffer springs. After that I'm not sure. I would love to throw more money at her but I have an old mini to try and get back on the road too. ;)

Cheers for all the replies. Honestly didn't expect this much interest in the car. Got the wheels finally finished today. The lacquer reacted a bit with the paint and the finish on one wheel was a bit dodgy. But they'll do rightly, sure they'll be bogging in no time B) . Also made some lamp adjustment spacers for the spots as the adjustment in them is not fine enough. Either too high or too low. Also tightened up the rear brakes for next weekend.

DSC00670.jpg

DSC00678.jpg

DSC00679.jpg

Camera needs to be a few inches higher mate :)

Yea. Gonna alter the design slightly next week. But it'll do as a trial for the event this sat to see if can actually stick the rough roads.

Just a wee further update. A mate is taking the car next week to measure up an fabricate us a rear cage. Also needs some rear shocks badly. But still considering what to do to make it stiffer at the back without spending a clean fortune. Might just stick with some new standard shocks and springs and an ARB. Not sure though.

Something different for an owners club! Looks to be a good project though - something i'd love to do!

Best of luck with the stages though bro, look forward to seeing more stripping, caging and some vids!

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of an update....new K&N panel filter, suicide spinner for the steering wheel, and new shocks and rear springs in place (rear of the car now feels attached to the rest of it) and we were off to an Endurance Rally - an all day event with selectives (gravel stages) up to 10km long from 11am to 11.30pm. In fog. Fun!

Lost the back box (rubber mount broke) on the 5th stage so we did 2/3rds of the rally with no silencer. Loud is not the word though there might be a video of us on a stage shortly to prove it.

A few choice photos of a couple of stages...

5461935422_b05efb40f5.jpg

20110219_BD_8834 by rally_ie, on Flickr

5462013688_96024fb64e.jpg

20110219_BD_9275 by rally_ie, on Flickr

5462014432_11fd05b121.jpg

20110219_BD_9281 by rally_ie, on Flickr