won this on ebay, now seller says gearbox has gone

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers guys, an thanks for the offer ollie really appreciated. well some news ive dropped the case against him, and im waiting to hear back from him as i told him once the gearbox is fixed (supposed to be today) i expect to be offered the car for the price i won it for, if that doesnt happen then im just gonna let it drop its been a real hassle, and really if it was my money id have just flown down pushed it to the nearest motorway and got the rac out to get it back to mine. but its actually my brother who has the cash and wanted to get this cheap for him so he can try a jap car for a change( hes a ford man) and if he didnt like it could do the jobs that it needed and still sell it on at a very good profit.

but as i said if he doesnt get back to me then, hes gonna be left with 120quid of paypal fees and some rather nasty feedback

Ha ha ha we should all bid up to a mad amount then refuse to pay lol or before the auction is finished retract all the bids lol

what an idiot, sorry to hear hope your bro gets a car :o

hes actually got 3 cars atm lol, just wanted to try open his eyes to jap cars

ME: What's the condition of the engine and box? Any crunches in gears etc?

HIM: Engine is clean mate, there is a picture? And no crunch into grars, its all driveable with no problems

ME: I meant is it tappy or anything. Have you had any problems with it?

HIM:No mate no tapping, and no problems except for the ones listed, nothing technical though

ME: I saw this listed previously and it sold for 920, how come it's relisted?

HIM: I had a new gear box put into it

ME: So the gearbox takes the car from 920 to 2500? And that still doesn't explain why it hasn't been sold to the person who won the auction.

HIM: Im not having a debate with you, either your interested or not

ME: I am interested, or I wouldn't message you. I just want to see it is genuine, and at the minute it seems like I will be messed around as you can't give straight answers. You told me you never had any problems, yet someone won the car and you 'didn't sell because you put a new gearbox in' it was working in the ad and you wouldn't put a new one in unless it's broke.

I want the car but it doesn't add up.

HIM: Right, i can tell you now, the gearbox was basically gone the day it sold on ebay, and i culdnt take it off due to people had bids on it, but i had taken it straight into the garage, and me and the buyer come to the conclusion that i was going to get it fixed, so i done that and got it fixed and now relisted it, he did want it after it had come out the garage, but im a squaddie and was not at home or near the car whilst it was in the garage

ME: So if I buy the car, you might not be home and then you will relist it, that's how it sounds to me. I'll pass.

Dodgy guy he is lol

ME: What's the condition of the engine and box? Any crunches in gears etc?

HIM: Engine is clean mate, there is a picture? And no crunch into grars, its all driveable with no problems

ME: I meant is it tappy or anything. Have you had any problems with it?

HIM:No mate no tapping, and no problems except for the ones listed, nothing technical though

ME: I saw this listed previously and it sold for 920, how come it's relisted?

HIM: I had a new gear box put into it

ME: So the gearbox takes the car from 920 to 2500? And that still doesn't explain why it hasn't been sold to the person who won the auction.

HIM: Im not having a debate with you, either your interested or not

ME: I am interested, or I wouldn't message you. I just want to see it is genuine, and at the minute it seems like I will be messed around as you can't give straight answers. You told me you never had any problems, yet someone won the car and you 'didn't sell because you put a new gearbox in' it was working in the ad and you wouldn't put a new one in unless it's broke.

I want the car but it doesn't add up.

HIM: Right, i can tell you now, the gearbox was basically gone the day it sold on ebay, and i culdnt take it off due to people had bids on it, but i had taken it straight into the garage, and me and the buyer come to the conclusion that i was going to get it fixed, so i done that and got it fixed and now relisted it, he did want it after it had come out the garage, but im a squaddie and was not at home or near the car whilst it was in the garage

ME: So if I buy the car, you might not be home and then you will relist it, that's how it sounds to me. I'll pass.

Dodgy guy he is lol

that is the worst excuse ive ever heard, gave me a good laugh though cheers dude.

cheers guys for givin this idiot a hard time, i just really hope no-one hands over 2.5k for it hopefully people will see this thread or read his feedback and realise hes a retard.

thanks again