Whos to blame

Really feel for you bud :D You dont deserve this, I think TD should pull their finger out and rectify the situation, its left you in a right shit mess. I`ll always use manchesters #1 mechanic chris :D

I hope you manage to get it sorted out mate, really sucks, threaten with trading standards action, i take it you got reciepts for the work? just a though.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im not sticking up for td here but there are 2 sides to every story and people forget that on here, if u wer so unhappy about there price then u should have shopped around and if there service was so bad then why u just complaining now the engines shot? Why didnt u complain right away

i thin that if they set a price surely they cant go asking for more because they ovr ran and needed you to add the VAT its their error and they seemed to have just wasted time on other cars and put yours at the back, you should of paid the set amount and no more and for the exhaust if that was included tell them were to shove it and they have to finish it if you had any form of agreement signed by both parties then they cant charge more then the set amount and MUST carry out ALL work that was in that agreement i.e the exhaust ect

TD are great at supplying parts but their customer service seems to be awful and i no i wont deal with them ever

well i rung up once when they were doing the powder coating on rocker covers and i wanted 2 doing and they said that we havent got the time for small things anymore which i thought was shocking customer service

Anything trading standards can do? Collect facts and information about the shit service and goes those fuckers shut.

As for buying parts off people such as engine's it sucks when people are dishonest, pisses me off BIG time.

Its a shame that someone innocent has to pay for someone else incompetence.

Mitch

im not sticking up for td here but there are 2 sides to every story and people forget that on here, if u wer so unhappy about there price then u should have shopped around and if there service was so bad then why u just complaining now the engines shot? Why didnt u complain right away

exactly lol. give nick a chance to come on here and tell his side of the story. ive told him about this thread so hopefully he will be able to let every1 know his side of events also.

edit: dont shoot me down i am not saying im backing anyone i dunno whats gone on im just sayin let him come and have his say

As i said before if you'd read, Ishaq is not one to complain, its me (AMMAR) thats here writing this on behalf of him.

Yes the car wasn't boosting properly after he'd got it, but TD's reply to that was "the turbos tight, it needs miles to freee it up" (BULLSHIT)

Its your fault for buying a disgusting looking car (Y)

Sorry but Im not liking this thread can see your pissed off but there is a bit of band wagon jumping going on, be good to hear from Nick and Fern. Shit happens though, try building one yourself, anything can happen, the joys of modified car building.

Its your fault for buying a disgusting looking car (Y)

Sorry but Im not liking this thread can see your pissed off but there is a bit of band wagon jumping going on, be good to hear from Nick and Fern. Shit happens though, try building one yourself, anything can happen, the joys of modified car building.

Bit ironic that eh, jumping on the bandwagon to comment on this thread, got nothing to share then leave, dont want you to comment

Ammar

No band wagon jumping to slate/shoot down Nick and Mike.

Not fair tbh I have dealt with them, was very sound with me when I have had dealings with them, however I have heard bad things but dont go shooting my mouth off over the forum, if people havent had bad experience with them PERSONALLY then I think they should stay shhhtmmmmm IMO

to be honest sounds like everyones to blame, yourself for buying a engine that you didnt know much about and was in a accident, fern for selling the engine but to him could have been fine? maybe could have checked it out more before handing over the cash? and TD for having crap service as you said?

sorry but if you came on here to get pitty, well you aint getting it from me. As sparky has said shit happens and learn from you mistakes!

But would be good to hear from fern and Nick also

No band wagon jumping to slate/shoot down Nick and Mike.

Not fair tbh I have dealt with them, was very sound with me when I have had dealings with them, however I have heard bad things but dont go shooting my mouth off over the forum, if people havent had bad experience with them PERSONALLY then I think they should stay shhhtmmmmm IMO

its one thing buying random parts off someone and its completely different story getting a conversion done... if parts faulty you could probz send back and get it changed or get a refund...

what do you do about a half arsed converison which was a month late?

and also im here to warn other people about the service you are likely to recieve if you deal with them...

why cant there just be a decent garage that dont rip off customers if i win lotto i will open 4 up at different ends of country so everyone can be happy. I have had problems like this with reputable companys and have been shafted of my hard earned cash in the past and i am yet to find a garage that i trust 100% with my pride and joy . My experience with TD has always been good be it that these were telephone conversations regarding advice that i was given for free via telephone. Seem like good people. Threads like these have been appearing lately with customers querying where the parts they purchased are. Also heard of engines going pop not long after rebuild. Think i will pass on taking my car there shame really as some people have got some great mapping and engine building done there. But lazyness delays in work completion and price increases on work arent fair.

why cant there just be a decent garage that dont rip off customers if i win lotto i will open 4 up at different ends of country so everyone can be happy. I have had problems like this with reputable companys and have been shafted of my hard earned cash in the past and i am yet to find a garage that i trust 100% with my pride and joy . My experience with TD has always been good be it that these were telephone conversations regarding advice that i was given for free via telephone. Seem like good people. Threads like these have been appearing lately with customers querying where the parts they purchased are. Also heard of engines going pop not long after rebuild. Think i will pass on taking my car there shame really as some people have got some great mapping and engine building done there. But lazyness delays in work completion and price increases on work arent fair.

Amen to that, no decent garages anywhere..!

I am proud to say 99% of the work needed on my car (Almera 5Door with SR20DE Conversion), i would do myself, if theres anything i can't do then its a few members i know off the forum i'd go to. would NEVER EVER leave my car with a stranger or a garage..! they fuck up more than they fix

AND THIS IS A FEEDBACK THREAD SO IM MERELY JUST RELAYING MY EXPERIENCE ITS UP TO YOU TO DECIDE TO USE THEM OR NOT

Guest cheshireglanza

Its the chance you take buying a used engine you done 160 miles on it,the turbo that was fitted to miib 14 car first was fooked cause i fitted it to mine could only get it to .3 bar with boost controller which was set to 1.2 bar,engine seemed to run sweet when i heard it at my work just had boost issue,nick and mike fitted me a engine 2 weeks ago water pump went on way home its my problem i bought the engine,maybe you should have stopped driving the car when it was driving like shit and booked it back in

Its the chance you take buying a used engine you done 160 miles on it,the turbo that was fitted to miib 14 car first was fooked cause i fitted it to mine could only get it to .3 bar with boost controller which was set to 1.2 bar,engine seemed to run sweet when i heard it at my work just had boost issue,nick and mike fitted me a engine 2 weeks ago water pump went on way home its my problem i bought the engine,maybe you should have stopped driving the car when it was driving like shit and booked it back in

well thats what we did, and TD gave time at the end of 2 weeks...

he drives the car as a daily and after telling TD about the turbo they said its tight and it will free up, also when the HG was playing up the car was mostly outside the house and after the knocking noise its been outside home...

he has to take countless days off work as he has not been able to make it...

for a month?

plus he had to work away up north (some extra money which would have covered some of his cost) but he couldnt because he didnt have a car..

plus he went for about 2 days and it cost roughly £150ish so it wasnt worth it..

never really paid much attention to any of your posts i only read them quick as your moaning is doing my head in, so thats why i didnt realise it wasnt your car but tbh if its not yours then shut the fuck up and stop moaning and let your mate deal with it.

do you really think a thread like this is the best way to settle this? In what way shape or form is this helping? Do you think the people you are blaming are going to read it and think ohh i feel shit for this dude lets give him all his money back.

its childish mate and its no1's fault engines blow up every day, people have been on here to give there opinion and your telling them to get out of the thread? im surprised its still open tbh

i agree with the band wagon thing too, as soon as you came on here mouting at least 3 people have said they might reconsider using TD after reading this when they are not at fault here, they never sold you the engine or the turbo you were having problems with, you brought that to them and asked them to fit it, which they did. Maybe there was a bit of fucking about but that happens, you cant expect people to drop everything to get your "mates" car done.

you also only seem to be answering the questions you want to answer on here too so i will ask again

if you where so unhappy with TD's price then why did you let them go ahead with the conversion? and why are you only complaining about there customer service after the engine gave up? surely if they wer that bad you/your mate would have put a thread up before this?