Restoration Project

Project Restoration.

Project story:

It appears to have started life as a demonstrator at Auto Scuderia (Long Ashton) Toyota Garage in Bristol. It's first real owner was a company, again in Bristol as of Sept '97, where it stayed for around 10 years, then passed onto someone, then the previous owner before me.

The car has 150k on the clock but runs well. The shock absorbers are forked, the brakes are ok but need replacing before MOT methinks. I believe most of these miles were done motorway with the company, so was no expense spared as a company car? Either way, it doesn't seem to burn oil at all - no smoke and still its original engine - and that brings me to the appearance - the engine bay is filthy. Just general muck, never been wiped down or cleaned in any way, shape or form. The bodywork is knackered too. Not too far past it, just crap. Full OEM Lip Kit ('flimsey' style front lip, earliest version of the front lip I believe.) and the rear lip is buggered. Looks as if they reversed into a post of some sort and buggered the bumper, lip and rear light cluster.

Il show the pics of things in a moment.

Project aim:

Repair - refine.

It will be for the missus when she passes her test, so the aim is to get it looking good again. Might take some spraying up though.

I have a replacement rear bumper and lip for the back, aswell as the light cluster. It needs a replacement wing too.

Heres some pictures :

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I've decided today that I will be giving it a full respray - just need to wait until the end of the month when I can buy myself a mini-gun and compressor.

It needs a new drivers wing too, so I will be getting ahold of one of them soon too.

Sam

£380 iddy :p I'm glad you didn't get it, you would have stripped it and we would have one less Paseo on the road :)

Hopefully should see paint at the beginning of next month :)

I wanted it for my dad, he wants a new work horse to replace his little Micra! I might have replaced the 5E with a 4E but it would still be alive

:)

Awesome buy though, I'm glad you bought it. Best of luck with it, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. :p

RRuns sweet considering its done almost 153k. Start up its croaky but a dab of throttle for a couple of seconds and its fine. Needs a service, new brakes and new shocks and it would go through the MOT.

Thanks Gentle Ladies.

Today I got cracking on cleaning the interior out.

Before:

DSCF4702.JPG

DSCF4708.JPG

After:

DSCF4709.JPG

DSCF4718.JPG

Might rip it out and give it a carpet die in black to make the interior easier on the eye - and a tad bit cosey, but for now that looks the part!

Then I primered the rear panel - mainly trying to get shot of the rust on the rear arch. Nothing major, just a bit of surface rust on the inner edge, and then a small bubble on the rear flare, the bubble though, was just a weak spot in the paint and there was only a tiny bit of surface rust beneath. Lovely jubbly, nothing serious. I need to filler the dent in it though, but that will come at the end of the month.

DSCF4714.JPG

DSCF4715.JPG

DSCF4716.JPG

DSCF4717.JPG

Don't fret on the overspray, light, bumper and lip are being replaced. The rest of the car will get a full respray anyway. Caped in scrapes, chips and pin dents, so will get it all tip top. Probably going to respray this black. Zoe always wanted a black Paseo but there weren't any with the full kit. So.. Now there is this one, needing a full spray job, might aswell :wub:

Zoe loves my wheels, and i've always wanted to put something more OEM on Rhys and make him more of my car (as what you see on mine is practically down to Mikey)... SO shes agreed to swap wheels once I have these re-furbed. Gonna try out some colours on them first. Will be going on mine at the end of the month.

The prep is the most important part for me due to the fact that most parts going on this car are going to be red/blue/silver etc etc.

Hopefully this weekend will see me repair and prep the other rear bumper. This will take some doing, but the car is definately going black. The annoying part of this resto is my passion for it to be spot on. So its going to take several coats of the black! I want to see myself in this car! It will be Toyota's Satin Black - As standard on Si models in the UK.

Hopefully il be taking a trip to Kent to get some more odds and sods to complete this build. I need new headlining, carpet, shocks and a new front wing. Hopefully the front indicator units are good condition too so I can whack better ones on.

All work should commence at the end of this month once I have money to pour into this car. Might carry over to the end of march also.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit more work has been done on this. The doorshuts have been primered up and the bottom half of the drivers door (as I was too lazy and couldn't be arsed masking the windows.

I will complete the door on monday weather permitting and remove wingmirrors and mask the windows up. At the end of the month I should be heading to Kent to get some bits and bobs for this also, along with a small present for Zoe for the car - something again she always wanted.

Just can't wait to have this completed! :p