safe to run 1bar with out mani and braided oil feed?

• 3 months later...

^My clutch slips at 0.8 bar on a CT9A so I'm looking to upgrade to a CAP Clutch

On topic, I run 0.7 bar on a standard mani that has been ported, I'm a bit hesitant to run 1 bar through it though!

Can't u just port number 3 on the stock manifold?

Rob2.2 on here has it done on his stock manifold running 1.0 bar on a hybrid plus his cat is still fitted but is gutted and it's been on there for years now! And he drives it like a right nut

I've heard the stories about melting pistons many times it definitely happens I guess some people are just lucky if it hasn't happened to them bud...!

okay thanks for the input suppose it could come down to a few things at the end of the day.

okay thanks for the input suppose it could come down to a few things at the end of the day.

dont start seying this i will be buying a hks actuator now! :(

anyone actually blown a piston doing this or is it just a rumor?

Was round at Mark@CMB's the other day and there was a block sitting absolutely destroyed, young lad running circa .8bar on a standard manifold, flat out in 5th so probably creeping a bit too. Bang, mass destruction!

I wouldnt have a problem running one if it was ported but not with that massive restriction in the runner!