Hi,

Im not sure if this is in the right place.

I will be converting my SR into a sleeper fte in the next month or two.

I have the following parts:

â?¢Engine which has done 66k

â?¢Gearbox which has done 66k

â?¢CT9 turbo which has done 66k

â?¢ECU

â?¢ignition barrel and locks

â?¢Engine bay loom

â?¢Interior loom

â?¢Front mount intercooler

I will be replacing all the auxiliaries (power steering pump etc) at the time of fitting the engine.

Is there anything that I have missed?

yeh it is on the right. takes a bit of gettin used to and flashing people alot when uv got a dirty window haha. and yeh u need to swap it.

also the screws for securing it are in a different place so you will need to make something up for securing it. unsure if the stalks surround will fit.

im tryin to remember if there was somethin about the powersteerin pipe but i cant remember. ill have a look through some pictures and see if i can find what i thinks in my head :)

hope the conversion goes well when ya do it. whos doing it ?

Russell

yeh it is on the right. takes a bit of gettin used to and flashing people alot when uv got a dirty window haha. and yeh u need to swap it.

also the screws for securing it are in a different place so you will need to make something up for securing it. unsure if the stalks surround will fit.

im tryin to remember if there was somethin about the powersteerin pipe but i cant remember. ill have a look through some pictures and see if i can find what i thinks in my head ;)

hope the conversion goes well when ya do it. whos doing it ?

Russell

All my bits are in storage in manchester at the mo. My uncle's friend has a garage in a place called Rochdale. He will be doing the work for me.

If i can get all the bits before i go back offshore at the end of the month i will hand the car over and he will get started. If not it will have to wait until i get back.

Do i need to get hold of a set of glanza dials?

that car still resides in my driveway g haha. im currently fighting the urge of making it up as a sleeper again because i really wanna go 4 wheel drive starlet to put power down easy.

the 1 way valve on the brake servo im sure its to hold vacuum when your off throttle or something so it keeps the brakes sharp all the time ( i think i read that somewhere lol )

that car still resides in my driveway g haha. im currently fighting the urge of making it up as a sleeper again because i really wanna go 4 wheel drive starlet to put power down easy.

the 1 way valve on the brake servo im sure its to hold vacuum when your off throttle or something so it keeps the brakes sharp all the time ( i think i read that somewhere lol )

No probs will try and get one asap.

The gearbox does not have any driveshafts. Where can i get new ones from?

Im also thinking about changing the back axle to a glanza one so i have disks on the rear.

it all depends how u go about the conversion. all i used was the glanza engine loom, none of this different stalks/dials.

So everything works your way???I wanna do this in the future and really i want the easiest way of doing it. As if i do get to do it i reckon it will be a start friday evening finish sunday night.......hopefully

Little update:

I have fitted some GT seats thanks HansonManson and the guide by Amjad was really helpful.

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....showtopic=21838

I will be removing the back wiper once the grommet comes in the post.

I have got most of my bits for the build but im not sure if i will have time to drive it down to Rochdale to hand over the car. It will prob have to wait until the start of next month.

It could do with a good wash and i really should empty the crap from the back.

DSCN2690-1.jpg

DSCN2689.jpg

DSCN2688.jpg

DSCN2686.jpg

DSCN2685.jpg