High idling problem

Hello all

Cars all back together now everythings on........but she's idling very high. about 2200 revs and thats with the bleed screw on the inlet turned all the way round.

so anyone have any suggestions to what i can try

im pretty sure its not a vaccum line as there all connected I've gone over them all. im thinking to change map sensor and TPS and see if that does it but just incase thought id ask if anyone on here has anything to try :)

If you have removed all the aircon and rubbish I am sure you need to adjust the idle, possibly that or is that what you mean by you have wound the screw out on the throttle body?

you have an air leak mate there is no need to play about with any thing even if you have taken the air con out. wat ever you do dont play about with the tps they are an absalute twat to reset trust me i no. if you want to check that it is the tps disconnect it the car will still run fine. and it wont be the map sensor. it maybe no vacumes could be inlet gaskets throttle body gaskets stuff like that you sure your throttle cable is not to tight

good luck

This screw chris its sits on top of the throttle body there will be a round rubber cap covering it over...Also have you tryed another icv just incase yours is fooked steve?

Brass screw on the right side

post-3854-1300218267.jpg

Edit.. just read socks post yeah maybe it could be the tps

Micky my friend i owe you a large beer!!! 30 seconds and the car now ticks over at 750 rpm for the first time since i bought it! lol

I didn't even know the screw was there!

I'd take the intake pipe off the manifold and see where the butterfly is positioned, i.e fully closed or slightly open, to see what the throttle position is.

When you rev it does it take a while for the revs to drop? if the revs take longer than usual to drop it usually points to an air leak, if it's just high tick over i'd say the same as micky, swap the icv over/dismantle yours and see if it's damaged inside.

nice one micky

honestly does sound like an air leak especially at them revs. try spraying plus gas or wd40 near all the inlet and stuff like that if it revs up a little more you no it is drawing in air it should not be. it is just a engine and they all work the same.

ok so question is if the inlet gasket is fooked then would that be causing the problem? cause I've checked all pipes on inlet they all sem fine. just thought i put the old inlet gasket back on so this could be the problem