Jolly old chaps who are running self mapping ECUs, blitz,JAM, ETC

oi oi

should be getting this badboy fitted for the weekend so want as much info as i can on what peeps done to install the ECU and any advice :lol:

cant wait to get this fitted like my mates very curious on how it works like....

I plugged it in and let it idle for a while as the idle was all over the place, then took it for a gentle drive (didn't want to rag it straight away in case it ran lean). Ten next day took it for a drive, warmed it up fully and fed the boost in gradually until it was flat out :lol:

First put it in did not let it settle went an ragged from the off an was over fuelling like a bitch!!!

Took it off again for 30 mins, re fitted an let it tick over for 60 mins then drove off sweet as a nut :lol:

Run smooth ever since :(

John

is no one going to tell the guy there not self mapping ecus as far as im aware there is no such thing. they may adjust slightly (as will a stock ecu) but there not self mapping.

^I think he knows, it's a general term which everyone uses rather than saying the drawn out explanation of them only adjusting fueling and timing etc lol

Let's not turn this into a does it map itself thread :lol:

the thing that the ecus do is make sure that the fueling is within certain parameters at certain revs they dont "self map" just more like auto correct to make sure that the afrs are within the guidelines that it already knows ,,,

First put it in did not let it settle went an ragged from the off an was over fuelling like a bitch!!!

Took it off again for 30 mins, re fitted an let it tick over for 60 mins then drove off sweet as a nut :(

Run smooth ever since :lol:

John

^^^ thats the way. give it time to settle and adjust. let it idle then take it for a nice drive. make sure you dont rag the hell out of it. go from 2nd to 3rd, to fourth, down to third, to 2nd keep repeating for a few miles let it "learn" every gear so to speak etc and it will be all good

did you notice a huge minted sexual difference when fitted?

Understatement :( its awesome

I ran mine for 15mins ten it went lumpy, tapped throttle and left it for another 15mins and it was all good. Then took it for a gentle drive (didn't want to rag it straight away in case it ran lean). Next day took it for a drive, warmed it up fully and fed the boost in gradually until it was flat out. It should adjust itself fully by about 100 miles ;)

I ran mine for 15mins ten it went lumpy, tapped throttle and left it for another 15mins and it was all good. Then took it for a gentle drive (didn't want to rag it straight away in case it ran lean). Next day took it for a drive, warmed it up fully and fed the boost in gradually until it was flat out. It should adjust itself fully by about 100 miles ;)

cheers dude :p