Bourkey's Black Turbo Sr

UPDATE!!!!!

The car is.......... RUNNING!!!!!! All is well again. The Autobhan mani is on after many cuts and chunks of finger missing. If i can give one piece of advice its to pay someone to do a mani as it's fooooking solid. Next thing is the exhaust is still mega loud with the cat back in so it's coming back out again. I'll just put up with the mega loudness until i get a middle box put in. Finally the EFI pipe is now gone. I have just put mesh on it for now until tomorrow but after driving to Sheffield to stay the night im really happy with the car again. There is so much more ummmph with the mani on and the EFI pipe removed. Im also having no creep problems neither. Holds the boost and it doesn't tail off at the top end. :ph34r:

I'll get some pics tomorrow :D.

Bourkey

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Final weekend update.

After tootling around Sheffield all weekend with no problem i did have a small problem. One of my intercooler pipes decided it wanted to start popping off. It has never come out in this place before but it decided it wanted to. It also decided to do it in the worst place. 10pm on Snakes Pass. I could barely see with my phone light but i managed to fix it until i got to the garage. I then drove slow all the way home until i got a new clamp for it.

Apart from that all is problem free at the moment. Im also getting a new DVD player from Halfords as im guessing they couldn't be bothered fixing my old one. I'll be going in tomorrow after work hopefully :lol:. That is free as it is still under warrenty as well.

I may be getting a Glanza rear bumper soon but im not sure yet.

Also no pics yet as i have been too busy.

Bourkey

Just got me a Glanza rear bum the same colour as my SR for £50 delivered to my door from Essex :lol:. Apart from the massive amount of rain, im having a good day.

I was going to take some pictures last night but it rained. It looks like im waiting until the weekend. Also the car wheel spins a LOT now in the rain. I don't know all you big power guys cope. The more power i get the more it spins (duuurrrrr). Apart from the wheel spinning it is getting pretty quick now. :)

Bourkey

Bargain on the bumper dude, nice one.

Although it will most probably a slightly different colour, I think the bumper will be that bit more metallic but thats a bargain!

Not massivley fussed as the bumpers are usually a tiny bit different anyway.

aweosme news man, that will look crackin

Indeed it will. :)

I was just about to get a new one at the end of the week as well. The rear bumper looks a bit rough now anyway. I've been loading crap i and out of the car so it has taken a beating. Plus a Glanza bumper will cover the exhaust up as it sticks out a little. It was made for a Glanza not an SR :lol:.

Also Im doing a garage clear out this weekend as i have too many car parts in my garage now.

Bourkey

Have a look in the Parts for sale section bud. Everything will be listed there under Garage Clearout. Don't know if there is anything you could use but it's worth a look.

Im going to write a proper list tonight though.

Bourkey

Yep the package was received. My dad has the stuff and is working on it. I'll update you in the near future :).

It has just pissed it down all the way home and now there is blue sky outside. Im drenched.

Also Halfords wont give me a new radio yet. Im not sure what is going on with it but im still waiting.

Bourkey

Right the guy who was giving me the Glanza rear bumper is a rate A Bulb!!!!! He wont answer my emails or phone calls so i have left it and found another black one. It's a little more expensive at £80 but my dad owes me a little dosh so he offered to get it for me so im chuffed again. The other seller messeed me about for the passed two days so i got sick of waiting.

If anyone sees the Glanza breaking by "thegolfdude" on ebay then i wouldn't bother. Mark has even tried to get hold of him for the mani he has as well. Again no luck.

New bumper is due to come tomorrow. :(

Bourkey

Had a bit of a shit day today!!!!!

Firstly my Glanza rear bumper turned up from the other ebay seller. He said it was in such good condition that he would put it on his own car. To be honest i've never heard so much crap in all my life!!!! The bumper came with loads of surface marks all over it which after three rubs with t cut are now gone. There is also a scuff on the left hand side which has been coloured in by what i can see as a pissing marker pen.

Im pretty ticked of about this as i clearly said i wanted a bumper i didn't want to paint and i made it clear from the very first email. On Monday i will ask for about £65 back out of the £80 i paid for it so i can get i sprayed. If he says no i'll just threaten him with court action as i would not have to pay a penny due to working in law. Im sure that will persuade him :D. If it doesn't then i will take him to court. Simple as.

After buffing the rest of the marks out though the Glanza rear does look pretty dam nice though :D. Exhaust doesn't stick out at all and it sits perfectly.

P031008_1825.jpg

Next on my way home from work i was tootling along and a biker went through a red light, i swerved to avoid him and bent another shock. This shock was pretty much brand new from my last little encounter with the kerb. Luckily i have found a set of KYB shock with Eibach springs on at a good price. Craig is having the Tein springs so i've pretty much fixed it for nothing, which cheered me up :p

Next i have re wired my rear lights so i have duel lights like a Glanza. I need to change the fog bulb to a reverse bulb or something similar as it is Uber bright. :D

P021008_1923.jpg

I'll take some more decent pics tomorrow of everything i've done recently instead of these crap phone pics :(

Bourkey

I think i may just top myself now. The stupid prick who was ignoring me before has just emailed me back FINALLY!!!!! Kindly telling me that his mint condition rear bumper is still available. breath in, breath out...be calm :D:(:p

@ Sparky - Don't jinx me please :D. And yes more pics will be here tomorrow when i've picked up my suspension. :D

Bourkey

man u seem to have as much bad luck as me, did you get the bikers numberplate? cars coming along nicely mate do you have to have the glanza lights to wire them up like that cuz i know you got that other lense? :(

well as long as there red on the botom, it will wirck fine

and i must had a dif buld in then as myn isnt that bad

Glanza rear bumper looks so much better!!!

Shame about the suspension problems though mate, you really dont have much luck with that. Hope you can get it sorted without too much hassle.

Keep up the good work mate

Well i have an update!!!

I went to doncaster today to pick up my KYB SR shocks and Eibach springs. We got all the shocks & spring off except one set. A nut was rounded and we coudn't get it off. I've fitted the two front shocks and springs and the rears will be fitted sometime this week. It's much stiffer and more precise at the front but now the rear feels like jelly compared to the front. Im looking forward to getting the rear set up on as well. Im chuffed anyway. I didn't get pics...again....i blame the rain. :p. I will try tomorrow though :p.

Bourkey

Long time since ive checked this thread, the glanza bumper looks smart just hope you get your moneys back so you can spray it! So you gonna come to the West Yorks meet again in a fortnight to show all your new bits off??? :p

Matt

I might pop along. I will check my diary at work on Monday. Im a busy little bee now :p. I want to see what im running at though.

The Glanza arse looks good but you still might have to spray it mate. I haven't buffed it properly yet so i will let yo know :p.

Boukey