Bourkey's Black Turbo Sr

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@ Sicaln - .............:(. Works wonders as well.

Update on the starting problem. Im so pissed off you don't understand. The massive problem was.................a wire had slipped out of the positive terminal on the battery. Took the auto electrician ten minutes. The starter was getting power but not enough. So i've spent daft amounts of money because a wire was loose. If you don't hear from me in a while it's because i've punched myself so hard in the face im in a coma.

A tiny bit of good news though. I have aquired a new Exhuast system. It's a good one, im not sure of the size of the piping but its good stuff. I really wanted a Buddy Club Spec 2 but after spending all this money on daft repairs im taking a cheaper option. I'll get pictures of it when i pick it up in less than two weeks.

Bourkey

Im bored at work so i thought i'd update my spec list :D

Exterior:

205 Black SR

TTE spoiler

Fully debadged

UKSC window stickers

TC Tuning sticker

Bump strips removed

Glanza rear lenses

Glanza rear bumper

Clear Indicators with black housing

Sunroof

Interior/ICE:

Stripped out rear

Custom wheel well boot build

Fli sub and amp

Ripspeed DVD player headunit

Pioneer 4" speakers in the Dash

Rear trimmed in black alcantara

Door cards trimmed in black alcantara

MR2 turbo fully adjustable bucket seats

Black fitted car mats

Centre console painted metallic black

Dial surrouned painted metallic black

Sports steering wheel with snap off kit

Hidden starter

Chassis:

Eibach Lowering springs

KYB SR Shocks

Glanza front strut brace

Buddy club P1 racing 2 alloys in gunmetal silver and polished lip.

Toyo T1-R 195/50/15 tyres.

Whiteline adjustable rear anti-roll bar

Performance:

EP82 4EFTE Engine

4EFTE ECU

EP82 Gearbox

Custom made EP82/SR wiring loom

Autobahn Mk2 FMIC

Pro Speed full custom system with 4" back box

Gutted cat

Autobahn stainless manifold

No BOV

No air con pump or system

HKS Actuator set @ 12 psi

Pipercross Induction kit

RPM shift light on dash

Breather pipe filter

TC Tuning short shifter kit

High quality earthing kit

Voltage stabilizer

Bourkey

Indeed it is :D. I'd recommend it to of you as it makes the car feel more together.

My next purchase is going to be a Laguna splitter i reckon. I want to hide them pipes at the bottom for a more sleeper look. Im also considering spraying the FMIC black to hide it away. :D:D

Bourkey

Got to be one of the cleanest conversions going around!

How's your economy going with the FMIC + Induction?

Attack an EG Civic and get one of their lips! :D

Question: Has the rear sway bar made a massive difference with regards to ride quality vs performance?

@ Sparky - Nope you just remove it all and it runs at high boost. I found out the hard way that blocking it off actually puts it on low boost. I'd never use low boost and i couldn't be bothered wiring in the switch so off it went. :lol:

@ Scutcho - I think i am going to. I fancy it more stealthy. I already get weird looks from people because of the mega loud chatter but then they see some form of tuning at the front. If it's hdden im just going to look like a tool.....perfect :D.

@ Dub - Stop teasing i'll get one soon :p

@ RME1 - yes it has made a good difference. Im used to it now but when you first put it on it's really noticable. The rear doesn't slip or bounce on corners so you feel more confident that the car can actually go fast round a corner instead of bouncing into a bush.

So next few things i may be doing are....Laguna splitter, paint the FMIC black as well as the pipes, Get the FMIC corner pipes sorted as the flow is probably shit on 90 degree bends plus Rick keeps pestering me to do it :D. I also want to clock the turbo round so i can get rid of some of the four miles of intercooler piping. I will need my dad to make up a custom bracket for the actuator though. easy as pie :D.

Bourkey

Update on the Black beast!!!

Right what i thought was a cv problem wasn't. It wasn't as expensive at all to fix but if i didn't fix it it could have killed me. What happened what two of the nuts on the wheel on the passenger side had sheared off taking the stud with it. We realised today as we jacked my car up after putting the exhaust on and the wheel wobbled as soon as it was off the ground. I have no idea how this has happened but i feel so lucky as i drove it back from JAE like this without realising.

I've also put my new exhaust on today. I have one word for it...BRUTAL!!! It sounds a bit like a tractor a low revs but when it gets going it's awesome!!!! I haven't got any pictures of it as i was fixing the above problem all day but it is so cool.

The wonderful DVD player has decided to stop working on me so that has gone back to Halfords for repair but they said i'll probably just get a new one :p.

Noticed today that the brake pads could do with replacing as they are a little low.

So the car now has no rattles or bangs and it doesn't make any weird noises so im so chuffed at last!!! :D Lets hope it stays this way now.

I'll get some pictures of the exhaust tomorrow. :lol:

Bourkey

@SiCaln - I think it's 2.5" but i haven't checked yet. My dad has some fancy measuring tool which i'll use at some point B). It's so mint though. Sounds like a race car at full pelt. It's mental and i love it :D.

@ Galliano - I'll pm you in the morning. ;)

@Idrees - cheers mate.

Im getting looks of the fussy people on my street again now. They always raise an eyebrow if i do something stupid like get a mental exhaust. It used to be the sound systems but im not really into them anymore. My mate is but his is just silly loud. And i have set my first car alarm off with the exhaust as well :blink:.

My dad also rang me today when he was walking the dog. He found my locking nut in the road. One of the two nuts that sheared off. Im so lucky nothing more serious happened with that.

Bourkey

Glad you finally got a Pro-Speed system B) ;)

Love the stubby back box, same as mine :D

WOW you was lucky with the wheel studs mate

If my car wasnt being such a bitch I woul of popped down Chris's, got some stuff to pick up myself :blink:

@ Sparky - Yes i was very lucky indeed. It's quite scarey to think what could have happened. The back box looks very cool i know. I wanted to get a Pro Speed earlier in the year but the conversion took it's toll on my bank balance :). Was worth it i think.

My car at the moment is currently in many pieces. I was going to change the cat over so i had one in again but i thought i'd change the mani as well seeing as the car was apart. Big mistake that was!!!!! Firstly i didn't realise how hard it was to take a mani off. I was pissing around with the turbo for quite some time before it finally came off.

Then the Autobhan mani went on. It has been braced by the previous owner so it shouldn't crack but we will see in time. The bolt holding the turbo on are so hard i eventually gave up after many blisters and a sliced hand.

In taking apart the car i also found i have a lovely hole in my intercooler pipe. The clutch cylinder had been rubbing against it every time i changed gear. How crap. That is getting a plate welded onto it tomorrow by my dad.

Im yet to find out if the cat has made a difference to the sound of the exhaust so i'll let you know by Friday hopefully.

Getting the bus tomorrow to work. Im really not looking forward to that. :mellow:

Bourkey

@ Dub â?? I do plan on getting the middle box put it to permanently shut the exhaust up but the cat is just a free quick fix for now. I really donâ??t have the time to have the car off the road any longer than it already is. Two days is a bit of a struggle. I need the dam thing for work.

@ Rob â?? The gaskets are only a couple of months old as they were new when the engine was reconâ??d. Iâ??ve left them on for the time being but if they need replacing Iâ??ll obviously have to do it. :mellow:

The Intercooler pipe has now been welded up again so Iâ??ll see if I can get my work horse back on the road again :).

Bourkey

@ Dub â?? I do plan on getting the middle box put it to permanently shut the exhaust up but the cat is just a free quick fix for now. I really don't have the time to have the car off the road any longer than it already is. Two days is a bit of a struggle. I need the dam thing for work.

@ Rob â?? The gaskets are only a couple of months old as they were new when the engine was recon'd. I've left them on for the time being but if they need replacing I'll obviously have to do it. :mellow:

The Intercooler pipe has now been welded up again so I'll see if I can get my work horse back on the road again :) .

Bourkey

yeah just make sure it isnt blowing...other wise you could warp it.

Yeah i know. It is very flush against the engine so it doesn't look like it will blow. I guess i'll find out when i finally turn the car back sometime this year :mellow:.

Time to get my hands dirty again, Im off home now to see if i can get it going again tonight.

Bourkey