Bourkey's Black Turbo Sr

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not forgetting Streetracer too. ;)

Anyway i haven't had a chance to drive it much as im still messing around with the exhaust. The back box will hopefully be on tomorrow so i can actually drive it more than one mile. The times i do drive it though makes me smile big time :p.

I love the sound of the turbo spooling up and the chatter when i let go of the throttle. I giggle like a girl everytime. I think i'll be laughing for months.

Bourkey

Exactly as Dub said. The wiring was all done by the guy who built the engine for me. It was included in the price of the build. All i had to do was send an SR loom off to him so he could mod it. He did forget to add the power to it though (easy job) and mixed up two wires that are apparently easy to mix up on the tps sensor. easily fixed though.

Im still unsure about the splitter. I'd like to cover the pipes up for a more sleeper look but it looks really mean from the front. My mates have said it looks mint in their rear view. Not that im going to be spending much time in theor rear as they all drive slow cars ;).

I've just come back from a little drive in it. I still can't give it any real pedal but the little tickles i give it make me so chuffed even though the exhaust is bodged on temporarily. It's much more powerful than the n/a. I have only had one or two people in the car with me (at different times as i have 2 seats) so none of my mates have really had an experience of it yet. I can't wait til they do. ;) :):D :D

Bourkey

wow Bourkey mate!

The engineswap is reality, i big congratulations to that man!

Looks great and it must be great to ride, very sensible to first run in the engine.

Great looking car mate. whoop whoop whooosh ftw!

Guest Enzo

so minted mate, now your a fully paid member of the sleeper squad! it looks the nuts, especialy with the front mount like that!

so this guy that built the engine and loom, is he open for more buisness?

@ Kevink - Cheers for the congrats man i really appreciate it.

@ Enzo - Yeah you can safely say im a member now. And im loving it too!!!! Also the guy who did them is open for as much business as you like. PM me if you want his details. :)

@ Sparky - I'll ask him and let you know about the loom if you like and get back to you.

Anyway the things i have got sorted today are the tps sensor, The coolant sensor (cheers again Dub), Shift light, Tax disk on (bought it 3 weeks ago but never put it on), and im in the middle of installing a boost guage.

Im also taking my car to a friends garage on Saturaday to get the exhaust properly sorted out as it sounds like a drum kit going down the road at the minute.

I'll get some pics up when everything is sorted this weekend. Boy am i glad i took this week off.

Bourkey

@ Sparky - I'll ask him and let you know about the loom if you like and get back to you.

Sound :)

Great work mate looking forward to more progress ;)

No probs i'll ask him for a few looms for you all :). And thanks for all the comments chaps.

Anyway as promised i have taken some decent pictures of my car today.

I have had a shift light installed for me by Alex.

DSC03959.jpg

A cleaned up boot after tons of crap getting on it from getting parts

DSC03957.jpg

Cleaned up interior

DSC03958.jpg

Engine bay

DSC03941.jpg

FMIC

DSC03955.jpg

Im so happy with the car right now. All the hard work, saving, and week off work was all worth it. As soon as i hit boost i smile, as soon as it chatters i smile, when i hear the turbo spooling i smile. As you may have gathered i am doing a lot of smiling right now!!!! ;) :D :D

Next mod is getting my MR2 seats in. :p

Hope you like ;)

Bourkey

I was driving it home from my girlfriends tonight and it is very bright in the dark. Im gonna have to turn the brightness down on it a touch. It's like having the sun flashing in my face but a bright blue!!!!! :)

Oh yeah guess what Mark spotted in the scrappy...a Glanza...with a full stainless exhaust on it. It's a rare one that Rick has mentioned a few times. The guy wanted £70 for the full system!!!!!!!!!! We put the car on it's side to get it off and it was damaged beyond repair. I was so gutted.

Bourkey

It was in a really bad way. From the roof to the top of the wheel arch was completely nakered. The roof was even cut off it. All the interior was smashed up. I don't know what kind of crash it was but it must have been horrific!!

Bourkey

Ouch. No worries then.

Also sorry we couldn't make it on Monday, might have to wait a few weeks and come up after exams... Unless you fancy popping down now that your all 4EFTE'd ;) :)

Whoops i forgot to tell you actually. The back box was chopped to get mine on and the lamda sensor was snapped when i dropped the old exhaust. Im a bulb i know. I wanted that brace as well. Dam my daft arse ways!!!!

Bourkey

Guest Enzo

Im so happy with the car right now. All the hard work, saving, and week off work was all worth it. As soon as i hit boost i smile, as soon as it chatters i smile, when i hear the turbo spooling i smile. As you may have gathered i am doing a lot of smiling right now!!!! :) ;) ;)