Bourkey's Black Turbo Sr

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

hey bourky. we had our chat about the surprise and i'm cool if you want to show the pictures an tell everyone.

and could you do me a favour and put my update of my interior seeing as you hav the pictures. cheers

speak to you soon

hey bourky. we had our chat about the surprise and i'm cool if you want to show the pictures an tell everyone.

and could you do me a favour and put my update of my interior seeing as you hav the pictures. cheers

speak to you soon

Too late..all is revieled :)

Thanks!!!

Anyway. As an update im getting Tein lowering springs for christmas of my parents and maybe an antilift kit off my brother. I also want a few other handling bits aswell. I would go for coilovers but the 4EFTE conversion is already costing enough so im gonna leave them until summer.

Then there is also my birthday on the 22nd of December so im gonns have a pretty good month.

I doubt there will be any picture updates for a while as it's dark when i wake up and dark after work. The only light we get is at the weekend but the weather is always naf. Ahwell. Engine on it's way soon so that should be sweet.

Bourkey

Well im hoping for late january to early february to have it completely up and running. It all depends how much i spend at christmas and how much i get at christmas.

I also have to make sure i have all the parts like the FMIC & BOV are here first, as the car cant be off the road more than a weekend or i'll have to start taking days off work, which i don't really want to do.

I look at the engine pictures all the time as im so excited about it.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE

Got an update today as my christamas and birthday presents are starting to arrive.

Here is the first. ;)

DSC00024.jpg

They will be going on tomorrow while im at work as Alex has kindly offered to take my car while i drive my mums 1.0 yaris. :p

I cant wait to see them on as they lower the front by 57mm and the back by 50mm so it will be a bit lower and a bit firmer.

I'll be getting lots off stuff in the next few weeks including a new dump valve if my funds allow it.

I'll post sum pictures up tomorrow of my new springs on.

good goin bud, looking forward to whats in store,

totaly hear what your saying about the picture craic. winters pish for that.

since the car can only be off the road for a wk

it might be a good idea to have a speak to graeme, aka streatracer if you havent already about any unforceable problems you might encounter with the conversion,

£80 lighter the springs are now on!!

They look pretty good but haven't lowered it much as they haven't settled yet. The ride is noticably firmer and is less rolley round they corners. The guy who put them on also dismantled my shocks and give them a good service for me.

Here is where i got them from. They were really good. I ordered them about midday and they came the following morning. I'll upload some pictures shortly.

@ Sparky - Yep im coming down in my EP. It will also be my birthday. What a way to spend it eh. ;)

@ Enzo - Good idea. I'll give him a PM in a while.

Bourkey

Good seeing the EP today mate looks good

Will be low when they settle

Why would i be coming to see you now Sparky??? lol (lets not start this again)

Thanks anyway was good to yours as well.

Like i said the springs are settling every time i drive it so it's looking even lower. Im thinking some aftermarket shocks would get the best out of them though.

Any suggestions that wont be too costly???

Cheers

Bourkey

Thought you was visting family down my way :lol::):ph34r:

Will be good to see the springs at their lowest :p

As for shocks wait for the handling guru to see this ;) :p

Glad you liked the stiffness of the D2's :lol: :lol:

Stiffness isn't the word. They have no give at all!!!!!!

Also i need to get rid of the diabolical Nankang tyres i've got on. I got them for the MOT as they a dead cheap and they are so shite i could cry when i go round a corner!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Well it's been a couple of months since i did some sort of an update so i though i'd pull my thumb out this weekend and give you one.

This year im going for a more JDM look. I've taken away the rear tinted lights and gone for some standard ones until i can be bothered ordering some reflet ones. I've also put the standard wing indicators on and the standard front indicators on as well.

Also i took my wheels off today to give them a proper clean and noticed my drums were looking a bit rusty so i wire brushed them down and added a fresh coat of black paint to smarten them up.

I also have taken some of the mounts under the bonnet like the radiator ones and painted them red. The car will be a red and black colour mix now. As some of you may know im also getting the lip of my wheels done red or if anyone has these sort of wheels i will gladly swap.

The paintwork at the front isn't looking it's best due to the motorway miles i've been doing and the winter months. So the bonnet and bumper at the front will be gettting a fresh coat of paint in the next few weeks from the bodydshop where Alex used to work. I may even lose the bar in the bottom opening to show of my front mount when it's fitted.

Anyway here are a couple of pics of what my SR currently looks like...

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00077.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

I will be getting my engine in a week or two so i'll put some pics of it up here. Then hopefully my car will start moving along quickly in the next few months.

Bourkey