Bourkey's Black Turbo Sr

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bit of an update.

As JAE is now fast approaching i thought i'd get my SR into some form of good condition. I now have the wheels back that i damaged in my little bump, which im very glad about. Running on steelys is naf especialy when it's raining and i have boost. The paint job on the wheels is fantastic and im glad they are looking good again as they were in a bad mess before.

Next, thanks to Craig N, i have aquired some form of sound system again. I have got a as new Ripspeed DVD head unit. This one

dash%20dvd.jpg

The head unit i had did the job but it was never interesting at all so this was a super bargin so i thought i'd spice up my dash a little with it. Also as my front speaker were nakered and held in by duck tape i thought it was time they got replaced aswell. Some sweet Pioneer 4" jobbies has done the job perfectly. These ones

00212593.jpg

Now that i have some decent entertainment for the travel down to JAE i wont have to listen to the wind go by ;).

The next interesting thing is the paintwork. After nearly 100k on the clock the front of the car is starting to show it's age so i was planning to get it done in the near future. But while i was down in Birmingham, Rory on here offered to do my front bumper, bonnet and back bumper for a really good price. He has the parts and is doing them shortly so i can wait to see my car looking like new again B).

Next one the shopping list is exhaust. You will see what i mean at JAE but mine is uber crap!!!!

Bourkey

Yeah mine will hopefully be looking decent. If i don't have the bits painted it looks a bit rough at the front and the back bumper has a patch of paint where i was pissing about.

I wont be doing any more crashes (fingers crossed) in a while now and i'll not be hitting my girlfriends car going onto her drive neither. Annoying thing is i have never hit anything or had a crash. Then in one week, i hit my girlfriends car twice, which she found hilarious no joke, and i hit a traffic island. Serious bad luck that week.

Exhaust annoys me big time. It sounds so shite and tinney. Was meant to be getting it done first and it is yet to be done. It's penciled in for Sept/Oct so sometime then.

Yours looked sweet a few months ago. Get you ass in gear and sort it ;).

Bourkey

Mini update.

The car wont be painted for JAE. Im not massivly bothered about it but it would have been good. Instead what i have aquired is a adjustable Whiteline rear anti roll bar. Markoos had to let it go as he hadn't fitted it since owning it for 2 months. Also the need of money due to a change of jobs means he wont get paid until the end of September so after some persuasion from him it's now mine all mine!!!!!! :p

I'll be fitting it tomorrow but, the thing that Mark didn't know was half of the parts weren't in the kit. I've heard this is quite common with whiteline. Ticked me off a little but my dad has thousands of spares so i have made the bits up. It's supposed to be the greatest handling mod for the Starlet so im looking forward to the results.

If anyone could tell me which hole is which setting i'd appreciate it as i haven't got a clue :).

Nearly ready for JAE now ^_^

Bourkey

Your old headunit? I need a cheap one for my runabout mate, text me if you can help please!

Also need a knock sensor for a 4EFTE, anything up there at he scrappys? I can come up for this stuff and bring you your strut brace too.

@ Idrees - Sorry bud. Donated it to a friend who was in need of one. As for the parts. Some bulb ripped the 4EFTE out of the Glanza in my local scrappy. Making a shit mess while doing it as well. They have cordened off the decent cars, Glanza included, so no one can get at it now. They are sick of idiots making a mess of the decent cars. Me and Mark are allowed down there though as we know them. ^_^.

Im fitting the rear anti roll bar in a while. Can't wait :) Will get some pictures whilst im doing it as well.

Bourkey

Update!!!

Right the Whiteline rear anti roll bar is fitted. It didn't take me more than 1 and a half hours to do and it was pretty easy aswell. The difference is brilliant. I haven't driven it to the limit or anything like that but on cornering the back end actually feels like it is part of the car. It doesn't hop about on the long fast corners either. It gives you more condfidence in the car so you can put your foot down more in corners.

I'd highly recommend this mod to all Starlet/Glanza/GT owners. Although a lot of the parts were missing with the help of my dad i easily sorted it out. I still haven't got a clue about what setting are what so if someone could help me i'd be very greatful.

I'll put some pics up tomorrow as it was raining when i did it.

Bourkey

Right my car is ticking me off royal now!!!!

1st problem - My car is making a sort of clunking/rubbing noise when i drive. I've gota feeling this is the CV joint but im not sure what side so i might just replace both. Can anyone tell me if im correct as i don't want to spend a load of dosh on something that i don't need.

2nd problem - My fecking starter motor is not working. When i start it, it just clicks and thats it. Does this mean it's knackered? I have a spare one in the garage if so. But... Is a 4efe one the same as a 4EFTE one?It decided to stop working when i had taken my girlfriend out. My idea of fun isnt bump starting in the rain.

3rd problem - My crap make shift exhaust is getting one my nerves so much i want to rip it off. It bangs on every bump and sounds unbelievebly tinney. I need a decent one. I was gonna go custom but as i don't really trust any custom place i want a direct fit one. So if someone has a decent one for sale, used or not give me a shout. I want to spend in the region of £200 - £300 on one.

On a good not my ARB is proving to be a well worth mod. I'vethrown the car about a bit and i haven't lost the rear end at all as i usually would so im really chuffed about it :lol:.

Bourkey

@ bourkey did you go to a bury scrap yard? there is only one glanza i know of n its in a right mess you have to ask to go luck at it for some reason? even though there is nothing really to be taken, its a silver colour if i remember corectly?. as to the whole engine fiasco i went to get some rubber pipes out of the corolla i took the mani out off.....to my shock horror every bloody pipe had been burnt to shit when the engine was taken out with the torch thingy.

Yes you can only go in if you are taken down there by them or im with you as i know them. Thats the scrap yard i go to. The section you are talking about is where they stick all the decent stuff as they are sick of dicks they don't recognise coming along and wrecking their cars. It all started a few weeks ago when someone wanted an exhaust of a new car so he ripped off the bumper to get to it instead of taking it off incase someone else wanted it.

They have some good stuff in there but they are starting to come down hard on people who wreck stuff. That engine is a good example of someone wrecking stuff.

Bourkey

Tbh they have been the only scrappy to have the parts i have wanted at a decent price, even when my dad needs parts he goes to them first....i was given a price of £50 for a mani over the road....and got it for £30 off them.

@ Dub - Yeah the battery is fine. Radio pumps away, lights come on and headlights work. What it does is make a tiny single click and then nothing. It sounds like the motor is engaging on the flywheel but the motor isn't working. I think... maybe you can shed some more light on it.

@ firsttoymota - Yeah it's the only place i go. They usually have everything i need. Never had any problems there and they are nice guys aswell.

Bourkey

You have lost me now. I haven't got that far yet :lol:. I was at the cinemas in the print works when it decided it didn't want to start. The car park outside Victoria Station. I was so ticked off it was unreal.

Looks like im getting the other half's wonderful lake Corsa to work. (there is a pond in the back).

Bourkey

thats shite news man....if you keep trying to crank it.will it carry on clicking for ever basically?

also an exhaust for 300 quid..someone has a 5zigen proracer for sale on tgtt for that,...or get on the auctions mate...get some good ones for that money..

It's not doing the continuous clicking noise that happens when your battery is flat. It's just one click and nothing else. The lights are bright and the radion and sub work fine. I've got a spare starter so im gonna swap it later. If that doesn't work then i will splash out on a battery.

@ Rob - That exhaust has gone unfortunately. Looks really good as well. It was sold last night.

Bourkey

turn it over at night before you go to bed......leave for 10min check the voltage of the battery using a voltmeter should be 14ish? then check it again in the morning it should be 12+ if it is any lower i.e. 10 ,9 etc its not holding charge thus needs replacing..i.d get a "magic eye" one so you can just look at it and tell staright off if it needs replacing....then take it from there best of luck

Dam Ryt ^^^^^^

UPDATE!!!!

Firstly...My car is pisssing me off. After splashing out on a new starter motor for £90, which i didn't even need, i am still no closer to starting my car. I have some form of electrical fault that me and my dad cannot locate after about 3 hours of looking. When you start the car, it is one click and nothing else. We think it's an earth but we cannot be sure. I've even ripped out my shift light system and my starter button system. Partly in anger but mostly to get rid of all the bits of shit i don't need so i could figure out what is wrong.

Now im splashing out on an auto electrician to come and fix the car whilst im at work tomorrow. He is very good and can fix faults in an hour. I must have spent stupid amounts on fixing tiny problems in the past two month. They are all coming at once.

If it's not fixed tomorrow then im going to cry!!!

Here is my lovely un needed £90 starter motor

DSCF1579.jpg

And as promised here are some pictures of my new Whiteline adjustable rear anti roll bar.

DSCF1580.jpg

DSCF1581.jpg

DSCF1582.jpg

DSCF1583.jpg

Bourkey