Toyota Starlet 5E SR (wrc corolla replica)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

DISASTER!!!!!

The chuffin thing is broke..........AGAIN!!!

The gearbox this time, its started whining like a bitch and i cant select gears!!!! not impressed as its the gearbox that came with the 5E!! that apparently has only done 40,000 miles!

• 2 weeks later...

All is good once again :) gearbox is sorted, replaced it with the shorter ratio 4efe box.

The old one has leaked all its oil sumwere :S and thats wat caused it to break.

On a plus note, raced my cousin in his 1.3 4efe Corolla last night, and before the engine transplant he always had the edge over me, and well lets just say he was in my rear quarter all the way :(

Just had a read through this build thread, love it :D My friend used to have the same decals on his Celica.

cheers ryan, yeh its good :( like i said, went up against my cousin in his corolla with a 4e, and i was infront all the way and was slowly pulling away :D which made me smile because wen i had the 4e it was the other way round
  • 3 months later...

ok guys not updated much over the winter, been a crap few months, but anyway basically noticed my shocks were knackered so meant it was time to purchased new ones all round

421948_10150597628594153_516384152_8819573_1796424989_n.jpg

old ones

398408_10150616605004153_516384152_8868448_947407802_n.jpg

as you can see, they are fucked , so was money well spent i think, feels tons better now with the new ones on

Edited by hill_bill10

Looking good! I really want a set of those shocks now! What springs are you using, and did you replace the top mounts? I had an advisory for my top mounts last MOT but I can only seem to find them quite expensive online :(

@Amjad, not sure what springs they are tbh, they were on the car when i got it and all the paint has come off them now, all i know is they are lowereing springs, not sure what make. and no i didnt replace the top mounts as they seemed in good condition. and as you say new ones are quite expensive and after forking out for the shocks i couldnt afford them too.

@starletsportif, the 5e makes suchs a difference. it feels much more responsive and picks up that bit quicker, as for top end, there isnt much difference as im running a 4e gearbox which i believe has shorter ratios than the 5e box.

• 2 weeks later...

noticed one my fog lights wasnt working the other day so had a look and noticed that it had turned into a fishbowl :/

anyway i removed the bulb and no wonder it wasnt working

428211_10150649902284153_516384152_8966653_51304190_n.jpg

So does anyone know where to get a replacement one? went to halfords but they are useless, didnt even have a clue what it was lol