Toyota Starlet 5E SR (wrc corolla replica)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

if it wasnt my everyday car i would, but i need it for practicality too

on another note i have purchased a 5efe paseo engine, £255 notes, only done 40000 miles so a bargain i think, so hopefully should be going ahead with the conversion soon :)

• 4 weeks later...

update time, was driving to work the other day and i suddenly had a massive loss of power and engine sounded like it was missfiring, when i came to a stop engine cuts out completely, under further inspection it has decided it only wants to run on 2 cylinders, cylinder 3 & 4 have decided to stop working :)

now as far as what could of caused this i am unsure, i have changed the plugs and lead and still no joy. checked the points in the dizzy and they seem fine. however i have a theory, i think my valve seals where on their way out as i was gettin a bit of blue smoke when the engine was cold, im thinking maybe they have corroded that much that enough oil is getting into the cylinders to prevent it from firing correclty. this is only a theory so if im wrong please put me right.

good job i bought that 5e tho eh?

• 2 weeks later...

ryan - it started running on 2 cylinders, and couldnt figure out why :) mega bad times, so upgrading to a 5e :D

im sure that charcoal filter use to make a wierd buzzin nois onn mine. :S hahaa might take it off then. does it not make a difference to emmisions or anythin?