Newbie from surrey =)

Hi guys nice website , was recomended from a friend who also has a Glanza. Said you guys were helpful... :)

A little bit about myself , Im 19 live at home with my mum in Epsom surrey , i like fast cars and women.. haha. Passed my test when i was 17 and have had alot of cars over the last 2 years nearly .

Fiesta mk 3 5 door

Saxo 1.0 open scandel ( lol ! )

Pug 106 1.1

Saxo vts 1.6 chipped and cammed ( crashed 4 days after having it ;) )

Ford Puma 1.7 16v

Renault clio 1.8 16v ( beauty , black with williams wheels )

Honda civic 1.4 Ej9

Fiat punto 1.4 turbo GT ( turbo wasnt spooling properly , missing pipe )

Another ford puma 1.7 16v

And my White glanza 1.3 turbo :p ( also had an aprillia rs 125 cc , and a yamaha r125 bike which im still paying off a bank loan for!! )

I bought the Glanza in september off a guy in merseyside , Liverpool for £1800 , took me like 3 hours to get up there? and 5 hours to get home.. it was advertised for £2000 and he said it needed some Tlc , mileage was 50,000 miles but clocks read 2034 , had blitz fmic , bailys dump valve , flocked dash, Volks like alloys, relocated air filter , civic rad... So , it seemed like a good buy , it had a brand new 12 month MOT too , but no tax.. I drove it home.. the speedo was working for about 30mins down the Motorwar and then it chucked me out of 5th gear and the speedo stopped working ( cable snapped )...

i pulled over half way to give the car a break , started it back up again and carried on driving home and it chucked me out of 5th again.. was starting to get worried ( got it back in , was abit of a struggle ) .. after driving it round for 3 weeks , the gearbox failed completely and was locked in gear , even if u selected reverse it went forwards lol. So i paid £500 for a new gearbox to be fitted , £300 fot the box , £200 fitting , and it had only covered 30,000 miles.. epic win!

Unfortunately while i was waiting for the box to arrive , adrian flux decided they randomly wanted pictures of my glanza? as they come up as Sr's... with 5 points from crashing the vts.. i knew what would happen so i had to cancel the policy which really fucked me over . the Gearbox was fitted and the cars sat around basically since october .. and now ve decided to try again with insurance..

Current bits and bobs that need doing ( and il need help with )

When the handbrake is up.. the door light comes on? this slowly drains my battery and is a pain in the ass.

The speedo cable is still snapped or not working :/

Ive just ordered a pair of white doors which have been smoothed , as my passenger side one has a rust spot and i didnt geta key for the doors when i bought her :)

I think thats all really? i dont have a boost gauge / acuator thing which my mate said i really need to get incase im over boosting?

Probably missed loads of details out but any advice and help is most welcome , i have alot of ideas of what i want to do with the car and how i want it to look , and bhp too :) but the main problem as always is money.

I would upload pictures , but im not 100% sure how to? can i not upload ones from my laptop?

sam.

Good 2 to u made it on here

Haha yea mate i took your advice and thought id give everyone a hello..

Really need to upload pictures but i dont have a clue how .. smoothed doors shud b arriving at some point next week so il take some snaps of them and stick them on here ..

Problem is , i need to sort out remote locking as there wont be door barrels. had a look at a Viper alarm kit that does remote locking for £150.. but not sure on fitting.. :)

Who is everyone insured with? Age ? points? TPFT etc? i really need a tip ..

Also has anyone ever heard of insurance asking for pictures? i was pretty shocked to be honest.. lol

Welcome along...

Looks like a nice little project...

Also has anyone ever heard of insurance asking for pictures? i was pretty shocked to be honest.. lol

I had to send pictures in once of a car, it took near an hour to go threw the mod's so they wanted pic's so they could see it...

Welcome mate, think i met you down Ladymead in Guildford a few months back with the other V 'Ralphy'.

Good to see your trying to sort it, i remember you telling me all the problems you had with it! Hope you get it all sorted.

p.s i'm with sky insurance, tpft, 2years ncb, 20years old and i paid £1400 :D

Tobie

I just wrote some huge Message and it didnt post.. :D

Basically in short , i am selling the car again , i probably seem like a headless chicken running back and forth but il explain why

Yesterday , Sat 9th , I was parked in the staff car park at work and some clown that drives a van clipped my front wing straching the paint and making a little dent. I work at a leisure centre by the way , he works in the Cafe which is separate but still in the building. I spoke to him and said youve clipped my car? and he got all arsey and refused to take liability for it. This took the piss as we dont have CCTV on site that covers our staff carpark , i called the police and they dont really seem to know what can be done , as its on private property. Anyway its a big old mess but il link some pictures over for you guys to see what some fat bastards are capable of :D

overall.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

So that kinda sucks balls. Even tho the damage isnt that bad all of this made me think , this could have been my Glanza after all the time and effort i would have put in ? and i cant afford fully comp and i have 0ncb , and 5 points and a CD10.., it would have been a nightmare and i probably would have lamped the bastard lol

These are pictures of the smoothed doors i ordered and the standard interior door cards and the nice fabric door cards that i got with the car that matches the flocked dash :D

standarddoorcards.jpg

smootheddoor2.jpg

smootheddoor1.jpg

4-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

It really is a shame that i have to let this Glanza go , i really was looking forward to working on it getting it ready for summer :D But with the points , 0 no claims and the CD10.. i realistically have no chance of getting it insured legally.

Im still going to be on the forums and i will deffinately buy another glanza Hopefully at the end of this year or at the start of next year, Possibly a black one or Red if i can find a fairly decent one

Thanks everyone that responded ! Tobie and ralph i remember you both down at ladymead :( your Glanzas looked amazing , was very inspiring for me and made me want to fix mine . Wish i could take the speedo cable off you and get it fitted :(

There really is no alternative. To be paying £5000 for the car + insurance and for some clown to cometumbling down the road writing my nice glanza off and i didnt get it fixed , i think id actually cry.

Someone emailed me on friday or saturday asking me if i would take £1500 , I told him i was taking the ad down and going to keep it as its underpriced considering what ive spent ( £2800 now overally )

Ive emailed him back upping the price a little seeing as i bought the smoothed doors and door cards and ive emailed him a bunch of pictures

What you guys thinking price wise? the car does start up ( might need a jump start as its sat for a while and needs a long drive )

P.s il still be on the forums dont panic , your not getting shot of me that fast haha :D

I saw a White Glanza in basingstoke yesterday. Was that you? Blonde haired guy driving it!

Welcome along mate! Just try everyone by phone and you should get decent price with a bit of work!

Noo that wasnt me but i do have blonde hair haha!!