how to find out if the engine is forged

right guys..soory if i have posted in the wrong section

basically i have just put a deposit down on my new car(s14 silvia) and the guy is now telling me that the engine might be forged..he has no proof but is there a way of checking if its forged????....the only reason he thinks its forged is because wen he got it rolling roaded the tuneing guy said it may be forged because of the power it has made...sorry if i make no sense lol

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

A little knowlage is a dangerous thing! They dont nock, its called piston slap and yes they sound more like a desil on cold startup and are slightly noiser than a standard engine when warm but could just be a noisey engine lol, forged roads are thicker than thier standard equivalant, so have a look on the net for pics of oem s14 rods then whip the sump off and check, forged components can handle more power but wont themselves produce more, except bigger boar forged pistons as you are increasing the cc of the engine and more cc's more power.