Idrees's Sr - Yellow Glanza Replica

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Enzo

dude ive grown to luv your car even more with your last round of modifications, that steraing wheel is the nuts along with that arb,

have you thought about maybe respraying it?

also get a nice figure hugging bucket seat in there for yourself!

Thanks mate, much appreciated!

I might respray the ARB red but then again it will probably flake off as its going underneath the car!

I have Black and Yellow Recaros waiting to be fitted :rolleyes: look through the thread for pics! :rolleyes:

WOW that steering wheel looks awsome!!

What size is it? My mate just fitted a "drift style" one like that to his car and im quite tempted to get one myself actually

Awsome work bro wish I wasnt so skint right now :rolleyes:

Thanks Sparky. Yeah I'm loving the wheel too I can't wait to take the car for a blast with it!!

Its a 350mm OMP 'Corsica'

Your not the only skint one mate, I'm a little empty pocketed after buying all these parts!

Looking good mate, i take it that the new steering wheel hasnt got the airbag??.

I want a aftermarket wheel but dont want to lose the airbag.

the only aftermarket with airbag is TRD but theyr loadsa money

sorry idrees, only just saw that post

the only aftermarket with airbag is TRD but theyr loadsa money

sorry idrees, only just saw that post

Never seen the TRD wheel, but i can kinda guess that it is gonna be expensive being TRD and all.

Looking good Idrees, think i will underseal mine when i manage to get it on a ramp down at work.

thanks for the spec list, how does your car handle and perform ? Why do you have 4 stud top mounts? are they for the Kayaba shocks?

p.s i added you to msn :rolleyes:

Not had the chance to drive it properly yet as I've only just turned 17 last month, so I can't answer your question properly. I've kept level with a Saxo VTR in 1st and 2nd gear before we ran out of road though. (VTRs are meant to be quicker but maybe it was his bad day, he had an LSD and Quickshift too!)

I will comment on the handling once all the handling parts are fitted and its on the road :rolleyes:

The KYB shocks had 3 stud top mounts but I had a pair of 4 studs lying about so fitted them.

Thanks mate

FINALLY... The Recaros are in the car rather than in my bedroom doing nothing.

A bit more modifying of the seats/rails got me this far...

DSC00157-2.jpg

Bolted in nicely :angry:

DSC00158-2.jpg

DSC00159-1.jpg

Now I just need to get the bottom half of the seats on the rails properly, but thank god the rails finally fit in the bloody car!

by the way they feel amazing with the steering wheel etc :(

Thanks guys, they'll be completely fitted soon all being well.

The idea of smoothing the scoop in to the bonnet failed, my own fault because I got mistaken and used the wrong filler and it kept cracking. And then I just cracked the scoop out, and found the soft filler I was supposed to use afterwards. Damn, I am a BULB sometimes (As Bourkey would say lol) :D

Pics..

How cool with no bonnet :D

DSC00151-2.jpg

Nice few coats of primer:

DSC00153-2.jpg

Two coats of gloss black:

DSC00167-2.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

Will have a wicked finish once I have gave it another coat after flatting it tomorrow, and then I'll buff it next week :D

As you can see I've started sanding the bumper down too. I will get that completed after the bonnet, and then MOT prep time.

is it ok if you send me a brief explanation on spraying the car yourself and smoothing stuff down i e i have a gt and i have a front mount i need to spray the bumper and the cut out bits i wanna smooth down . any help woul be great as my bumper has faded on one side quite dramatically over the past few weeks. ??????? thanks