Idrees's Sr - Yellow Glanza Replica

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello, i am new to forums and ive always had a love for starlet turbo's!!! I passed my driving test and just purchased a starlet sportif 1.3i 1997 (no1 ul even luk at me for insurance on a turbo) and i was wondering if anybody could help me with a few questions as its all new to me. I am really into the modding scene and i was wondering if i could add the glanza rear spoiler to my car? or would most of the later model glanza parts fit on my car? If anyone could help me or give me some knowledge i would be more than grateful.

By the way really impressed with your car bro, keep it up Idrees :lol:

Cheers :lol:

hey your best off introducing yourself and starting a new thred with your question bud :lol:

hello mate, thanks for the reply. Ive just clicked on new topic i think and im filling all that information in...hopefully thats the correct method for starting a new thread.

Cheers :lol:

Thanks Sparky :p

Latest addition is fitting the dial surround back in, couldn't get the b*stard speedo cable back in cluster though it was such a nightmare, so its left out for the time being. I'll be respraying these the next time I mix some paint because the paint has reacted in some areas! :wacko:

DSC00955.jpg

DSC00956.jpg

DSC00957.jpg

Chavvy or whatttt?! But me likes! :lol:

I also received my Glanza inner arches off Si today, cheers for that bro. I'll get them fitted when I can be arsed :unsure:

Thanks Sparky ;)

Got a pair of new clear indicator lenses fitted yesterday and the passenger's inner arch. I need some more of those screw clips to hold it in place properly though so I'll get those when I can.

DSC00962.jpg

(Notice the bumper doesn't sit perfectly - Glanza bumper support brackets needed)

Next on the list is brakes I think. The handbrake has totally stopped working and the rears make an awful noise when the cars rolling :)

I'm considering a rear disc conversion but I don't think it'll happen to be honest.

good tip there G because as mark will conform, gettin that damn speedo cable in and out is a total bastard!

Personally Idrees mate i really like it, i think the interior is WELL smart!!!! the only suggestion i would make is a black leather stearin wheel from a Glanza like mine, would tie in BEAUTIFULLY!

Phil.

Thanks guys, atleast I'm not the only one liking it :)

Good suggestion there Phil I'll keep a lookout for one, otherwise an after market wheel is on the list. I want the dashboard flocked at some stage too, that'd rock! ;)

Everything looks cool man! I personally think the inside was a bit on the overkill side.. but as long as you like it, its all good. Perhaps you could have done them black instead of yellow to keep with the colour scheme but not too much in your face. But its looking good man, i admire your ability to do everything yourself.

T

Thanks Big T i appreciated that!

Small update...

Woke up to see the car like this...

DSC00982.jpg

...and thought its about time I should spray these two wheels too. So off I went to buy yet another spray gun (5th one?!)

Just a random rear shot, I'm so happy with this view - its EXACTLY how I wanted it!! (Light smoke rear tint and a smarter number plate maybe in the future though)

DSC00983.jpg

By the end of the day I had the wheels painted and fitted. The centre caps were still wet though so I'll put them on tomorrow.

DSC00999.jpg

DSC00998.jpg

DSC00997.jpg

I've also got a Sony MP3 headunit (Need proper DIN brackets)

Awsome!!! Looking good now mate :p

Baah dont mention holidays to me :lol:

I booked my driving test for next week thinking that we have a half term but we dont so Im going to have to skive a day!!