* UKSC Insider Tokyo Trip 2009 *

i plan on goin to tokyo in november for 4-7 days to do a few things

visit tsukubas anual time attack and whatch the jam glanza plus others try and beat their personal time

check out the womb techno club in tokyo

catch the bullet train down to osaka to chill out with jgt, hell show us the street drift racing scene over there in the mountains and visit jam and zeps garages

i plan on goin myself as a new budget carrier have started operation with decent prices which im still looking into but thought why not post up to see if anyone else would be interested in goin?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like the fare will be reasonable, its just other expenses you need to be prepared for :lol:

Think about it, UKSC @ Tokyo City man.

Can't get any better than that.

Im meant to be going this summer or early/late autumn, either way I can still meet up :p

I aint been on vacation for 2-3 years so its long overdue so either way Im going.

Don't be going alone Geo lol, take some of us enthusiasts with you. I think it will be shit hot to meet you this way lol and check out the drifting and then chill out or party hard UKSC style.

I dont know about the Techno club tho lmao, dont wanna get spaced out all over again lol but it will be pouring with underground totty!

The Womb

More Womb

Womb Info

No need to think about it bossman!!!!!

Joz

lol you know the score JozMan if your up for it then thats totaly minted, the womb would be awsome,

i still need to find out exact dates for the anual Tsukuba time attack,

tcmap.gif

tcimg1.gif

im totaly infactuated with this track and the culture there, the whole japanese car scene amazes me

if you type in tsukuba into google ull see heaps of vids. hot versions best motoring use it as one of thier control tracks too

@ sparky

once ive found them dates out then we can get prices for flights and see if your into it or not,

one things for sure im definatly goin so,

check this link for some info on tsukuba from wikepidia here

some more info on the track can be found here

an arel of the circut from google map is here

zoom about the map,directly south of the tsukuba mountains is tokyo and yokohama at the docs with osaka being further inland and south,

would also like to chek out improve craft cruse but they are in the north,

This is a really minted idea by the way.

The more the merrier, beats going alone or just with a few people.

The craic would be huuuge! I finish college for good this summer anyway so Im a total free agent in November!!

THE WOMB

DAY OFF: Irregular.

CAPACITY: 1000.

NEAREST STATION: Shibuya station of JR Yamanote line.

MUSIC STYLE: TECHNO, HOUSE, HARDHOUSE, DRUM&BASS.

DRINK PRICE: Cocktails start from 500 yen. Soft Drink 500 yen - Drinks @ the womb from 500.00 JPY = 2.23212 GBP

PIONEER CDJ: YES (CDJ1000MK2 X 2, CDJ1000 X 2)

BEST DAY TO GO THERE: Weekends of course. Depending on the guest DJ it can be very very crowded making hard to move inside the club. The first Friday of every month is "Sterne" which is currently one of the best techno event in town with Ishino takkyu and an international guest everytime!

CYBERJAPAN SAY: Techno and Progressive House fans, this is the club! Note that you must present a ID card with a picture to be able to enter. Sound system is the famous Phazon sound system (same as ex Club twilo in NY) and Club Womb have the biggest mirror ball in Japan.

Joz

cushti, your on the ball with the womb spraff, i have a live set from there by a techno dj called christian smith thats one of fav live sets, definatly something im looking forward too bro

have been in contact with him since before christmas about this, was goin to go last year but missed the time attack.

im basing the holiday around the super lap at tsukuba

still having trouble fiinding dates but heres a clue as what to expect

pics of 2006 super lap you need to see all of these people here

and some infro on what its all about ialong with a video link here,

heres some of one of the messages from my man in japan to give you a bigger picture of time scales on getting to different places when we travel from tokyo to osaka to catch up on the street racing and to see zep

tsukuba is about 2 hours from Osaka and about 30 mins from Tokyo. Its in the same area as Tokyo DisneyLand. Its easy to get to, i have been not long ago when i lived in Tokyo. You can catch the train to the disney area and then catch a local bus to the circuit area and then walk a short way. I went by car though so i cant explain how very well.

Train from Tokyo to Osaka is by Shinkhansen (Bullit train) And is 2.30hours. Its one dirty fast train! From Tsukuba you would have to get the bus/train back to Tokyo central to then get the bullit train.

In Osaka there is not many tracks, just industrial estates where people race so i go there nearly every Saturday night.

ZEP, is about 1 hour from me, im going there actually in 10 mins. Ill put the pics up on the site :) Zep is very easy to get to, if you come to Osaka i can show you where and talk to them for you and say your from UK and you are a starlet fan, maybe they will start the beasty up for you haha. Cruise is in Hokkaido, very north and very far from Tokyo/Osaka. Maybe 5 hours or so away. Jam racing is in Tokyo, they have maps on there website and they are very easy to follow. I saw Jam also, its easy to find. HRF is 3 hours from Osaka, also a very far away place. Its in Kyushu

Also, Nismo is a damn good place to go to, or Top Secret and Endless...

a vid from you tube of this street racing in these industrial zones here

goin to edit this thed in a while so only info is shown

ok prices vairy from 450-550 pounds and thats just for flights, could probably get them cheaper closer to the time with last minuite deals,

factor in another 200sterling for acomodation then after that you would need spending money to have a good time + a traveling allouance for getting around....

but with those types of prices in mind who could comit themselves to goin so we could plan the rest of the trip around some dates??????

could you put your names down if your interested :)

ye the nurinburg ring would be mint but for next year me thinks to plan ;)

id say about 1k overall would be what you would need to have a good time, ad a couple of hunderd ontop of that for a really good time, problem is as your part of a couple that sort of rules you out as you have to factore the cost by two, so unless you and ben are dead keen on it and have 2k could you justify spending that much money?