* UKSC Insider Tokyo Trip 2009 *

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to go too the only thing that worrys me is the language barrier. i have a few questions sorry if they have been covered before

are we going on the same flight together as a group? as i dont want to go alone then meet up in japan.

that scares the life out of me being in another country ect.

I know it was said before that we would go for around 4/7 days is this still the case?

is someone going to take charge and get prices ect for flights and decide who to go with so people can book tickets and accomedation?

This is one of the things i want to do im my lifetime.

if someone who is organising this can pm me i would like to chat further more

for me having the time off is ok and having the money is ok just im ckicken scared lol

cheers mike

Hey Mike

Thanks for your interest, its a big step for all of us who want to go with the language barrier and everything but thats the whole fun of it (the culture shock is expected!) and we have a very sorted person namingly JGT (James) who will be guiding us as well as enjoying the trip with us. We really wanted to go with him in the first place but it wasnt possible. Now that we have the chance and JGT has confirmed sometime in March we can go ahead and look for flights and dates for when suitable.

It can't really get any better than that.

We will keep you posted in this thread, it is only 2-3 months time til the trip so we will do our very best to get info here asap regarding dates and details.

We will find the best deals possible and hopefully organise it so that we all get on the same flight together.

We will also let you know how much money you will need to have for flights, accommodation and spending and what form of money to take etc.

As for worrying about being in another country, our guide/translator and friend JGT (James) has actually lived in Tokyo before and sampled its delights so we are in very safe and trustworthy hands.

The trip will be ideally for 10 days so that we can have the most enjoyable time possible. If there was a chance to go with a more sorted group of people this is it and there should be no regrets. All we ask for is that you are over 18, have an open mind and are prepared to enjoy yourself and take in 10 days of what the capital city of the rising sun has to offer...

SiCaln has had to pull out which is unfortunate - but if he changes his mind or can make it that would be fantastic.

Joz

I'll probably be in Japan around this time. I'm planning on going to china, korea then japan from the middle of february spending about a month in each place.

Would be good to meet up with you guys if you were there at the same time.

Your trip sounds awesome Wallace :)

We'll keep you posted on dates, you never know!

Joz

Thats a big blip then for this trip lol.

No news on the time attack yet mate.

I had no idea you were booked for March.

Sorry everyone but looks like the dates may change again, stay tuned for further notice.

Sorry for any inconvenience :)

Joz

ohh my god!! Have only just seen this thread.... Will read it thought in a bit but provied I have a job by then I will be well up for this!!! And if its in November evern better thats my birthday so might even be able to get my famiy to pay for it :) Wooo Hooooo

this years is going to be one long holiday for me :p:D

We are doing our very best to make sure this trip happens this year Elaine :p

It was meant to be in November '07 but not everyone could make it.

We also wanted our friend JGT with us but he wasnt able to.

The situation now is that JGT is available and ready to go in March, and certain people who need to go on the trip cant make it.

As soon as we get dates we will let everyone know, Im very serious about this trip so I'll make sure it gets organised :)

We are looking into when the next Tsukuba Time Attack will be, we want the trip to coincide with that ideally.

Joz

Joz I dont think you understand

Le Man & Ring/Spa are booked :D so as long as your plan keeps to November for Tokyo I will be coming along to that as well :D

E x

I understand now :) I would have meant if you hadnt any of those booked :p

We'll have to see about November as that is much later in the year but we will keep things posted :p

Hope you enjoy Lemans & Nurburg.

Joz

Tokyo is in the top of my MUST GO BEFORE I DIE list. Im trying to convince her of the place but she's scared of the culture/language/food because of just how diffrent it is from anywhere else we've been :p

But in saying that, if this ends up happning nearer the end of the year,there might still be a chance :D:D

You may just be in luck there Graeme mate. And tell Heather we will have JGT with us, our ultimate friend/translator/guide :)

After talking to our man who is usually in Japan (he cant get the site working for some reason) we have decided this will take place in early December which is leaving it a little late but does give everyone plenty of time to save up. Seeing as not many people can make it in March, plus he will be going there privately in August, December is the next best bet, Tsukuba or no Tsukuba, its on. We can't put it on/off anymore so if we want JGT with us (which we do) then December it will have to be :p

Feedback would be great. This is UKSC's trip and Ive been ready to go since last July, funds and all.

Joz