anyone ever been caught speeding

well bout 4 months ago i was testing out the td04 hitting almost 120 in a 30 ( was about 3am and the roads good for it :) ). i started to slow down and spoted blue lights coming from behind so just pulled over turned of the engine and sat waiting to bend over and get shafted.

was getting shouted at for about an hour and a half and they asked what speed i was doing i just claimed i was lookign at the road had no idea and got a ticket for dangerous driving.

after digging around i found it i was almost certain a ban so i went to speak to a lawyer who said because they didnt actauly catch me on a speed gun it was there word agaist mine and it was worth fighting it so i went in to police station to ask for the 2 police mens names so my lawyer could do some digging turned out the guy that done me was in the station at the time so he came out to see what the deal was.

i said i was gonna try fight it becase my lawyer informed me he felt the charges were to harsh the guy just changed his tone and said he would add it to the report that i had consulted my lawyer.

then 2 weeks later i got a letter giving me 2 options going to court for the lesser charge of careless driving or paying £150 to attend a driving course (which has no pass or fail) and all charges would be droped . so obv i paid up the money for the course! which is actauly this monday lol was VERY lucky escape for me.

bit of long winded story and bit diffrent from urs but if theres even a chance of getting a ban id on the phone to the best traffic offence lawyer u can find!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here we go....

police can ban you for doing over 94 i think cause they changed it from 100, cause everyone would say they were going 98 and give a cheeky smile so its been lowered so when you say 96/98 and smile they smile back and go thanks... BAN

if you choose to take them too court they pretty much line you up and the judge will go 96 in a 30 ban, NEXT and thats it you cant argue or nothing, you can try appealing afterwards however, the only thing you can say to try to nit get a ban is that you need to drive for your work then they issue you like 12points and next offence you ve had it... rember they re giving points out now to people that crash so watch out "/

well next month 5 points are coming of my licence. i got caught doing 106 mph on the a1 at 10:30pm on a sunday night needless to say there was fuck all on the road and its a four laner

if you get the chance to stay OUT of court take it mate if they got photographic evidence you ll only make things worse for yourself if they sumone you pleed guilty but say you need your license to drive to work as tyou do awkward hours and knowbody can pic you up all that speel

i am reading this with un most interest as i have just got a V and i know this will be me next week. :) . i have had so many close calls but have now invested in a camara detector and its saved my licence so many times i really do lov it. best bie yet.

i got stoped once testing my handling out on a roundabout at 2am not going anything illegal just going round and round. wen the cop asked me wat i was going i told him and he went nuts. i did not quite understand as im just finding the cars limmits wen cornering, which to me makes for safer driving but he was having none of it and i think i just about got away with it. u got to remember that young drivers are the worst kind of criminals and need to pay for thr sins.

chris

ohh my god!! lew your such a naughty BOY!!!! SOOOO IMMATURE.... :) :lol ya prob get a few point's and a fine, alot people get off ya need ya license for work

haha northen style. ive all ready tried that chestnut last time i was at court

i hear your also wanted for stealing infant marmosets straight from their mothers teet and then selling them on the white market...(so much dodgeyer than the black market)

i had a snooper until i lost the upgrade disc

it detected cameras from quite abit away and gatso guns, never got nicked with that a drove like a tosser to be honest

didnt have the snooper for one week and got three points on my licence, defiantly be getting another one soon

well not gonna do almost a ton in a 30 are you?

but could be 40 or 70 suppose would of thought motorway mish that was on..

lol i got 3 points for 90 in a 30 with undercover feds in a bmw x5 but they fair baited me driving up the arse of me car so i floored it from em and took off the next thing i know is there chassing me and after shooting of and being chassed a seriously long way down the road the lights come on. oh the joys of owning a xr3i