Fogdoggydog's Daihatsu YRV

i got my ass wooped by a 1.3 Daewoo YRV the other day (please, no laughing!!!!)

It was this car that prompted Phil to join this forum, but back then it belonged to my younger brother.

Since then I have taken ownership of this 1.3 DVVT powered Daihatsu YRV. As standard it outputs almost 90bhp, but with the custom exhaust and giant induction cone I think it may be pushing the magic 100 mark.

The pics below show the car as I got it.

DSCF0878.JPG

DSCF0876.JPG

DSCF0880.JPG

DSCF0884.JPG

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the YRV is identical to the Toyota Yaris underneath too.

Only problem with the YRV Turbo's is that they were all automatics, meaning my YRV is only about half a second slower 0-60 @ 8.6secs. Been a while since I timed it though. Should do a test run sometime soon again.

she's not in bad nick either! Fog has cleaned her up rightly since he got his mitts on her, and him and my wee bro have been doin some subtle moddin, i'll not say too much as it aint my car and therefore not my place to blab the current mods. but i am happy to see how much tidier she is already now that fogdog has his hands on her, his bro was a bit rash on her, she's now gettin some TLC. the wheels really suit the car i think, silver on silver, nice aggressive wheel which as u all know is wot phil likes! Mr fog has some plans for her, lookin forward to seein how these pan out in the coming months, he has good taste does the Fogdog!

Phil.

Thank you please!

Since getting my hands on it I have debadged it, added a gigantic induction cone, and meshed the front bumper and grill

Please, you see:

debadged.JPG

RAAR.JPG

meshed.JPG

The mesh will be getting sprayed black next week hopefully.

[edit]I know there is still a 'D' badge on the back, but that's cause there are holes behind it. I'll take that badge off when when I have something else to spray at the same time.[/edit]

i reckon you should get the bonnet extended so that it fills the gap where the mesh is

I think because the car sits to tall and the bonnet slopes quite a bit, the grill helps break up the shape a bit. Besides, what if i ever get this kit? :ph34r:

DTD1.jpg

Also be running a cold air feed from behind that grill once I get some suitable tubing.