hey guys, just booked a track day at brands hatch, bit worried about the harness situation as they are bolted down into the rear seat belt point, i need a harness bar as i know that the harnesses should be fixed parallel with your shoulders, can anyone help me out as to where to get one?

As long as your not racing and its just a track day they wont care, they dont inspect the cars. They just rely on your self to ensure that your seatbelts and car are in good working order to MOT standards.

I wouldn't worry about it :o

hey guys, just booked a track day at brands hatch, bit worried about the harness situation as they are bolted down into the rear seat belt point, i need a harness bar as i know that the harnesses should be fixed parallel with your shoulders, can anyone help me out as to where to get one?

Jezza, they guy that made the Engine Torque Dampers, is it JD Tunning???

Good quality damper and his braces also look the part so i think a Harness Bar will be a walk in the park for him surely :o

The seat belt points are more than fine. If the MSA "Blue book" says its ok for racing then im sure a track day wont give you any problems.

My own car has been through scrutineering at events and has caused no issue.

Mounting belts on any brace, Strut bar, C pillar etc is a recipe for disaster.

As above! The issue you have is there is no solid structual poit at wich to fix the bar! The only way i can see you doing it is with a custom cage that incorperates a harness bar, looking at prob 1200+ for that plus you mqy asbwell then have it fia certified so that will cost even more!! Just leave it with the seatbelt mountings, and DO NOT fix to a c-pillar brace! Its not strong enough and will not support you in a crash!!!!!

The seat belt points are more than fine. If the MSA "Blue book" says its ok for racing then im sure a track day wont give you any problems.

This :)

thank you very much :)

just been on track at donny with mine mounted to the rear seatbelt mounts and they didnt say anything

same here, fitted to the rear seatbelt mounts.

I had a smash with harnesses fitted the way I have them now, in my old car, and It actually saved me to be fair, would have had a lot more injury than whiplash.

but I would definatly want one of those harness bars though, they look mint :(