levin twinpots

just been trying to fit these but dont no what discs to use i seen on the other threads they use 318 bmw discs but there only 22mm thick where as the levin is 25 so dont realy want to use them any other ideas what to use

Replied to your pm bud, me and grant can help you out no bother, is a 258x24 iirc im sure grant can correct me if im wrong as it may be a 257x24 lol either way the answer you need is in the pm :)

Tom

just been trying to fit these but dont no what discs to use i seen on the other threads they use 318 bmw discs but there only 22mm thick where as the levin is 25 so dont realy want to use them any other ideas what to use

hi

you`ve read my DIY using a BMW disc it doesn`t get much simpler a do-nut to adapt the 66mm to 55mm on hub & centre caliper on disc bolt it together

disc thickness is more than STD & seems to be good for street use

just like OEM no spacer or longer studs

lyle

yea i read it but the levin caliper is made to fit a 25mm disc so pads may fall out when worn would rather the full thickness anyway

hi

i doubt that 3-4mm difference in thickness will cause any grief how many people actually wear their pads down to metal .

so the likelihood of losing a pad is remote it sits in a slide

3 or 4mm either side is a lot tho and when there is a gap of about 3 or 4mm between the slider and levin disc add on the 3 or 4mm extra that will be there with the thin disc and there will be a fairly big gap

3 or 4mm either side is a lot tho and when there is a gap of about 3 or 4mm between the slider and levin disc add on the 3 or 4mm extra that will be there with the thin disc and there will be a fairly big gap

hi the 3mm is the difference between the BMW disc & the 1 you are looking for this amounts to 1 -2mm on each side of the disc if caliper centred

the bmw disc is 18mm the levin disc is 25mm so thats 7mm all together so 3.5mm plus the standard gap between holder and disc which is about 2 to 3mm aswell so then with the bmw disc you would have a gap of about 6mm which is a lot

Disc we use is 24mm will be fine and is exactly what you need its a bolt on solution. Ill pm you the inf you pm'd for tomorrow as im very busey atm. Just poped on to keep you updated :)

the bmw disc is 18mm the levin disc is 25mm so thats 7mm all together so 3.5mm plus the standard gap between holder and disc which is about 2 to 3mm aswell so then with the bmw disc you would have a gap of about 6mm which is a lot

hi

sorry to be picky re-read your 1st post

lyle