Stupid freaking handbrake GGrrrrrRr

not freaking happy with the car yet again this year ive been through 3 fucking calipers and 2 hand brake cables and a new set of discs and pads and yet again the same thing has failed the freaking handbrake making no effort i am SERIOUSLY NOT HAPPY!!

also got these problems too ! and i really cant afford to fix the car

nearside front (front bush marked with yellow chalk) suspension arm has excessive play in a pin/bush **DANGEROUS**

nearside rear shock absorber has a serious fluid leak

Offside rear shock absorber has a serious fluid leak

offside rear fog lamp (easy fix)

nearside registration lamp (easy fix)

offside rear parking break recording little or no effort

parking break efficiency below requirements

*************advisorys**************

nearside rear rear wheel bearing ( wheres this ? ) has slight play

offside front rear wheel bearing ( wheres this ? ) has slight play

mid to back box exhaust has a minor leak

both front tyres are wearing

o/s/r tyre has damage to side wall

i have replaced the wheelbearings before and they have gone yet again to get all this done is going to be like £600

why does the handbrake fail every year , y does the wheel bearings fail every year

:D i really cba anymore i still need to get mapped , still need a new gearbox etc i really im considering scrapping this GT and leaving the car scene

so u need polybushed front arms.

2 bulbs

and a set of coilovers :D

get it sorted buddy!

stop chasing power :)

u will regret it if u sell/break!

always snags wen running a car or even tuning a car...

ontop of that, these are old cars! got to remember that! stuff is going to get old and start to fail!

+1 to the above! I regret chasing power straight away!

Plus, you won't get out of the car scene lol. What ever you get you will want to tinkle with it and just do 'bits and bobs' then BOOM you've spent ££££ lol :D

not sure if its the same on the gts but on the glanza the rear wheel bears are sorta part of the rear disks its a pain the in the ass and when my wheel bearing went last it damaged the inside of the disk/hub meaning i need to replace the disk or it will just keep fucking wheel bearings

as socks said tho its not massive prob the list u got unless your totaly skint

but on a small note didnt u check all your lights before it went for mot :D

wheel bearings are afound £40-50 each i need 2

tyres are £30-60 i need 4

handbrake cables are £20

shocks are like £200

so even without td04 i stil would need al of the above and yeah im tottaly skint got £50 in my paypal to last 3 weeks including running the car lol

ahh i dint realise i could use them lol

im stil confused on this wheel bearing thing though

Also if you need I've got some standard rear shocks and springs you could use just to get it through the mot

that would be awesome dude :D , haha shh bout face book lol

i do love my car but it seriously annoys me with the break and bearings fail everday

ahh i see , are these inneer ones easy to change also anyone know any place to get cheap parts on bearing

ive now sourced a handbrake cable £17.63 + vat so that aint too bad and sorts two problems lol

ive got a brand new front wheel bearing mate that you can have for £30. ive also got 2 rear calipers that im in the middle of refurbing, they worked perfectly fine but ive stripped them down and re-greasing all the sliders ect. if your interested in them?

like socks said these are old cars now, alot of the money ive spent on my car has been replacing old parts before they brake to avoid i big list in 1 month, just the nature of the beast mate!

The only thing with the bearings is you will need to get them pressed by a garage. its a ballache to do by urself and will just eat bearings if you get it wrong. Exhaust gaskets are like £3 by the way, and as said above just borrow someones stock suspension to put it through then save for some new ones!

Good luck mate, pointless breaking it over such small niggles mate!

again as socks said happens to so many, buy starlet, bolt on bigger turbo (99.9% of the time its td04) then fmic, ecu, wind boost up and watch all the other parts fall off! i spent ££££'s on my v with brakes, suspension, renewing bushes, bearings, seals ect before going for power as otherwise you just put more strain on a car and it fails. at the risk of sounding like a cock, you learn from your mistakes, younger owners see bigger powered cars and want the same but you dont realise how much effort realy goes in to high power starlets till you own one. mine took 5years of constant money throwing, research and work.

sorting your list shouldnt be too costley but then invest in some decent coilovers, refurb your hubs and it will stop blowing bearings, replace worn bushes ect with polyurathane, theres tons of boaring stuff you need to do if the car is ever gone survive power.

ive replaced a fair bit to handle the power ive done the handling and the breaking so i aint just jumped in at the deepend lol

ive sorted the rear fog, the number plate bulb and the hand break parking break

so its just shocks now :D and wishbone bushes? can i do this or do they have to be pressed in ?

advisorys will have to wait

Do you take it to the same mot station each year, might be worth changing as some testers are right ass holes when it comes to marking stuff down exaggerating how bad it really is.

You hand brake cable should last years and years!!

I have had a couple of testers who have been right anal about everything on the car, went to another one and it passed no problem!!

ive replaced a fair bit to handle the power ive done the handling and the breaking so i aint just jumped in at the deepend lol

ive sorted the rear fog, the number plate bulb and the hand break parking break

so its just shocks now :D and wishbone bushes? can i do this or do they have to be pressed in ?

advisorys will have to wait

yeah i always go there , problem is i dont wana keep paying moters and keep failing

ive found bushes for £31 hand brake is £20 so now all i need is shocks

heres the offending bush

3b6bfad3.jpg

i take it thats where the bush is

ok so today i brought a new hamdbrake cable ive fitted it parked on a hill put my handbreak on and its stil making a creaking noise and rolling back ? any ideas why ?

im really losing my tether these brakes are like chocolate an break all the time :)

Did you fit them properly? And did you reset the calliper before attaching the cable to the calliper?

Slacken the cable inside the cabin.

Remove the cables from the calliper.

Wind the piston back into the calliper.

Press on the brake pedal to centralise the calliper

Atatch the cables to the calliper and adjust the cable from inside as necessary.

You might even need pads, if it still doesnt work well.

i took the old cable off put the new cable on lol ?

so i need to losen the cable in the handbrake area

then un attach both hand brake cables , wind the calipers in , then pump the brake pedal then once thats all good attach the handbrake cable and tighten inside the cabin ? how do i know how much to tighten it too?