ECU's for the EP91 n/a

I don't want to dampen anyone spirit but I feel I should say something...

The crystal inside the ECU is a timing crystal. It basically governs the speed of the microprocessor. The microprocessor uses it for calculations that are based on time. If you change the crystal it will screw with all time based calculations and forces the microprocessor to work at a speed it's not designed for. So as well as changing the rev limit it is lickly to mess with fueling and timing.

Gavin

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the above 2 response ^^^

Very interesting .... The ones I've read who have changed the crystals did not mention anything about the timing...so they only mentioned the pro side of it and not the cons ... That's why I love the members on this site as you always get good input from other people :D

• 1 year later...

good thread.. wonder what enzo's rev limit was and if was ever dyno'd.

@Raffa your torque curve is.brilliant for such simple mods. I made 95 at the fly with rolla manifold gutted cat and tte backbox but my low range torque had a huge dip around 2500-3000rpm.

Edited by rmsnoel
  • 1 year later...

Sorry for digging up this old thread, but i;m wondering if anyone tried the glanza S ecu on their Starlet? I got myself a E11 tubular intake manifold and can get a Glanza S ECU and injectors for really cheap.

I think the Glanza S has exactly the same engine as the Corolla E11. The engine is also almost exactly the same as the Starlet engine except for the crankshaft i think.