superspats 040 glanza

been on here for a while and had a number of gts over the past 3 years, then decided to get a s13, quickly got board of that and ended up swapping my s13 for a white 96 spec glanza

heres some pics of how she stood when i first got minus all the stickers on boot and bonnet

DSC_2643.jpg

DSC_2641.jpg

DSCF2973.jpg

heres the spec of when i got it

Hks sumo power exhaust (straight through) with decat

Groved disks and yellow stuff pads on the front

New mikmilla 1000 wheels in black with 195,45,15 toyo proxies good tread

Striped out but had the seats to go back in

Gt28r uprated turbo!

Walbro free flow fuel pump

Rx7 topount intercooler

Hks ssqv dump valve

Green cotton air filter straight of the turbo

Adjustable owen develepmonts actuater

Cusco strut brace

Blitz turbo timer

Civic alloy rad

Boost gauge and air fuel mixture gauge

Plasma dials but need fixing

Sparco gearnob

after a week of i started to get work and got hold a custom fmic kit and a bmc cda carbon induction kit, and picked a 98 spec front bumper and splitter

DSC_2675.jpg

DSC_2674.jpg

DSC_2673.jpg

DSC_2660.jpg

DSCF3063.jpg

i was useing the car daily and it was good, i sanded down the head lights, indicators,reverse lights and mopped them along with the hole car bringing them up sparkly and like new again, tidyed up the gauges and fitted the afr, oil preassure and boost in a pillar pod, got the horn, hazards lights, intreia and dash lights all working, tidyed up the engine bay and degreased the bonnet and visable paint work in the engin bay

after a couple of weeks the turbo started smoking, so took it all apart to find the down pipe was welded to the exhaust housing and the hole kit was a bit of a bodge and had spacers from the manifold to the block so decided to go back to a ct9 and got a hybrid built, got a new down pipe and ported the cast manifold to a mm of its life and hks actuator and got some more custom pipe work made for a ct9 and heat wrapped the fmic pipes, down pipe and got enough left to the rest of exhasut system and manifold when i get round to it

DSC_3197.jpg

DSC_3154.jpg

DSC_3155.jpg

DSC_3156.jpg

got the car all back together and ran it for a week or 2 while setting up the actuator to .6bar intill i get round to fitting my tomie fpr and jam fcd

after a while started to get board of the rear end so found a new rear bumper on ebay and paid under £15 delivered for it and got it painted

DSC_3208.jpg

after a coupl dof hours sanding, refirberglassing and more sanding and some touch up paint it was ready and fitted with a mates help and cleaned the car up, fitted my new smaller number plate and had my own mini photo shop (im not a photographer by any means)

DSC_3267.jpg

DSC_3236.jpg

DSC_3237.jpg

DSC_3238.jpg

DSC_3240.jpg

i was happy with the way it was looking but tinted the rear lights with this stuff called flyeyes and its so easy to use and dose not effect the brightness of the lights

DSC_3278.jpg

looks mint cant beat a white glanza :o why'd u heat wrap the intercooler pipes tho that keeps heat in the pipes when u want them as cold as possible :o

cheers bud :o

as were the cold side pipe work sits and the heat from gearbox/engine it heats up, and the cold air coming out the core i want to keep it cool hence the heat wrap to stop the pipe heating and keep the air cool and keeps the heat out, gonna be swapping it for reflectice heat wrap stuff over the winter, in theroy i hope it works that way any way :D

yea reflective wrap will work much better. needs lowered just alil bit then will look spot on

it sitting on the lowest setting on the cusco coilover on the rears and nearly on the front, but they can be ajusted in 2 diff ways and think the previous owner ajusted them in the lasy way and just wound the bottom part in to the top part insted or shortening the spring, but saving that for a rainy day as need to replace the front studs with long 1s for the spacers

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

bit of an update,

i had a fitted a fixed bucket seat but it was doing my head in so found me a seat or old school recaros on ebay for £30 as on a bugdet just having had my second baby and fabricated up some rails out of the orginal rails

DSC_3449.jpg

removed the seats and chopped up the bolt on legs bits and cleaned them up for welding

DSC_3448.jpg

didnt get any pics of them welded on to the rails but heres the new seats

DSC_3450.jpg

they are much better and sit so much lower than the standard seat, not to every1s taste but for the price i paid im well chuffed

i picked up a wepr ct9 power up kit and got to work

before

DSC_3457.jpg

the kit

DSC_3471.jpg

had to get a braided hose made up from pipe and thread and it cost me £23

DSCF3773-1.jpg

DSCF3772-1.jpg

had to do some bodgication and used the orginal tmic pipe and rotated and found some old bits of pipe and silicone hoses and wrapped the lot, then had to modify my intake pipe to fit round the fmic pipe work, its not how i want it but intill next summer it will do and stop the filter sucking in water.

gave it a good clean and removed all the stickers, the glanza stickers took around 2 hours with a heat gun and stanly knife blade and lods of swearing as they were bake on there and rite bitch to get of, but much happyer now with it

DSC_3453.jpg

just need some white wheels, eye brows and duck tail spoiler now and then i will be happy with the out side

Looks good man and certainly a few steps up from how you bought it.

One thing i will say is that enclosed filter isnt doing anything up front there, the reason they enclose them is to stop them picking up ambient hea tin the engine bay so run enclosed with a cold air feed. If anything it may even be restricting it. Try an open filter up there of a small pitbike/motoX filter directly on the turbo and should feel miles better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

bit of an update,

the front vent has been painted in 040 white again,replaced the hks ssqv with a baileys trumped bov, much prefer the sound as got borad of the hks sound. picked up a gizzom boost controller and go tit all set up by me to 0.85bar, works really well and cars good, had a play wiht my mate in his interga type r on a stand alone ecu with full exhaust mods and breathing mods and sat on his ass all the way

have replaced the filter with a apexi filter and sorted out the piping and repainted the rocker cover

DSC_3632.jpg

picked up some new wheels at a baragin price, just trying to decided what colour to paint them

DSC_3633.jpg

had the car dynoed couple of weeks ago, was happy with the resutls it made, was only running around 8.5bar and had a number of problems, the bigest was my iridums were being blown out and causing the car to splutter so couldnt get a good power reading, and the fcd was not working

DSCF4447.jpg

DSC_3682.jpg

DSCF4448.jpg

its booked in again for wednesday with the jam fcd wired in correctly and will getting my apexi s-afc set up to trum the fuel of so its running how it should at 1.1 bar

got my wheels all painted and tires swapped over, much happier with it now

before with black wheels

DSC_3453.jpg

now with the newly painted white wheels

DSC_3698.jpg

DSC_3699.jpg

and the before and after of the wheels

DSC_3656.jpg

bit of an update, got board wit the wepr ct9 power up kit so sold htat and now rolling a weprmani/downpipe and td04l, fitted a excedy paddle clutch and car is going back in on tuesday to get mapped on a emange, its only running 0.5bar but i can feel the diffrence in tourque and the power delivery and the turbo just keeps pulling

my emb

DSCF4708.jpg

my super short turob to fmic pipe work, very impressed with my bodging skills here

DSC_3840.jpg

my clutch, couldnt afford a brand new 1 and picked this up for £50

clutch.jpg

markings.jpg

the td04 kit all fitted

DSCF4710.jpg

DSCF4711.jpg

got board of the black rocker cover so spent half a hour polishing it up with a wire brush thing in a drill

DSCF4713.jpg

over all car is coming along nicely, will update afte ri get back from the mapping session, im hoping to be around 180/190bhp at the wheels and i will be happy

droped the glanz of to andy at veysports down in verwood to get my emange wired in and mapped on the td04 kit.

he had afew problems with the emange loom as it had been swapped around the charade gtti it previously came of, but he manged to sort it all and i went back down at 6 and he was still mapping it,

i left with a big smile on my face as it produced 196.5 bhp at the wheels

DSC_3873.jpg

and 234.4 at the flywheel, didnt get a pic of the flywheel power as that didnt intrest me (as power at the wheels is what counts) and didnt get a print out as he was out of ink but he is sending it to me in the post when he gets some new ink,

DSC_3871.jpg

bit more of update, have redoet he rear of the car and is all carpetded now

before

DSC_3894.jpg

bodging up the carpets to fit round the sub

DSC_3895.jpg

after

DSC_3897.jpg

now also has a nice white ultra racing strut brace and harness lockedon to that.

heatwrapped the fmic pipes

DSCF4785.jpg

my glanza was running 196.5 at the wheels and 234.4 at the fly

with the following mods

wepr tdo4 mani and down pipe and td04 turbo

excedy paddle clutch

walbro 255 fuel pump

tomie rrfrp

emanage blue with 3 bar map sencor

golf 1.8t fmic with custon bodge very short turbo to fmic pipe and custom s/s fmic to inlet, all reflective heat wrapped

hks high power full exhaust and fully heat wrapped

front moutn blitz filter

uprated leads and cheapo gapped plugs

blitx dual sbc boost controller set to around 1.1 bar

standard head and bottom end

1 wanted to crack the 200 at wheels and 240 at fly.

got my self a new blitz dual sbc to replace the gizzmo and it went back on to get it set it up ajust the map if needed and heres the results

at the fly

DSCF5269.jpg

at the wheels

DSCF5270.jpg

now savign for some rota h3m in white with red lip