urgent gt4/levin brake help

I have tried to fit my gt4 calipers today and they do not fit. When the carrier is lined up with the disc central there is a 10mm gap between were the carrier is suppose to bolt to and to were it sits i have the donut and e30 discs to go with the calipers has anyone had this problem ?

depends tbh does the donut sit behind the disc? if so yea id ditch it and try without, the centre ring of a hub is there to locate the alloy the disc dost have any where to go with 4 studs and an alloy holding it :) load some pics up too if you can as i can help easier if i can see what im looking at. me and turbo grant have played around with tons of combos for the twin pots :)

Your drawing is the correct layout.

If the disc (with or without spacer) is too flat you can add spacers between the strut and the caliper - but NOTE that you need to get longer bolts as well to compensate!!! (or the caliper might fall off)

They are fine-pitch M12, ask your local Toyota dealer to look up the bolt specs on different models and you might get lucky, plus you'll know they are high enough grade (very high tensile strength).

Hope that helps! :)

heres some pictures to try and see what im on about :) done it on an old hub as cant get in the garage today.

Normal hub with middle spacer.

100_1594.jpg

From the side. (doesnt make the disc sit any further out than normal).

100_1595.jpg

Disc fitted.

100_1596.jpg

Caliper in place and can see the gap.

100_1597.jpg

closer look.

100_1598.jpg

Am i doing something stupid lol any help will be great thanks.

The issue you have is all in the disc, its the wrong type and is going to cause you no end of headache!! You will need to space the caliper to clear the disc but then will posably find the caliper will foul the inside of the alloys you use at it will sit further out (if that makes sense? Fire turbo grant a pm as he and i both have run a different disc wich we have machined slightly wich is a bolt on solution, no spaceres ect needed. Just tell him shorty said he could help you out, and he will price some up :)