New from Grimsby

Now then lads,

Long story short, im 18, going full time at work soon, so will be able to afford a starlet and the extortionate insurance that comes with being 18.

I've been browsing for a couple of weeks on here and seen theres actually a few from round my area. Any of you know of any n/a's going cheap? Seen one on auto trader, but the description is very brief and its done 122k miles. However i know jap cars are renowned for reliability and thats why i love them.

Just thought id introduce myself :lol:

cheers

WOOP! Welcome mate! I live in cleethorpes :lol:. Not seen any starlets locally for sale but I've no doubt there will be a few on piston heads and ebay.... Go on ebay and see what auctions are ending soonest. Car auctions usually go for reasonable prices. Especially if you know basic mechanics and you're willing to fix the odd bit n bob :(.

WOOP! Welcome mate! I live in cleethorpes :lol:. Not seen any starlets locally for sale but I've no doubt there will be a few on piston heads and ebay.... Go on ebay and see what auctions are ending soonest. Car auctions usually go for reasonable prices. Especially if you know basic mechanics and you're willing to fix the odd bit n bob :(.

hiya mate ill check out your project in a sec :( Thats the only thing im not very mechanically clued up! I mean i know a few bits and bobs but dont really have any practical experience, i could maybe change an air filter thats about it haha. My mate knows a bit of fabrication so i suppose if i cant find any without rust he could patch me up

welcome to the club mate, if your after wheel fitment and camber, dont bother with a starlet lol you cant get camber on the back wheels because of the fixed rear axle, and coilovers are mega bucks to get any sort or stance at the front lol

but obviously, starlets are the best car in the world :) apart from mine, its a bastard!

Er that's my old one mate lives in a shed in imingham now lights in the oven and no not leagal looked good at shows tho.. I have a Gt turbo now best way mate don't say u can't insure them either me and rob mac are 18 and we both insure Starlet turbos.. and rob if u see this lol am selling the Gt to buy that cabbage charade lol u know what I mean

Jus a quick heads up mate glanzas and gt's are quite expensive to insure if u r young and got no ncb with them being imports the only way to get around this is to get sum 1 else to insure it then u go as named driver but the insurance companies are getting wise to this and do check also u don't usually build any no claims this way, IMO get a na run it for a year or two then see bout a turbo but at the end of the day dude it's your choice jus a Lil heads up

get a na run it for a year or two then see bout a turbo but at the end of the day dude it's your choice jus a Lil heads up

Yeah this is what im going to do, not even bothered looking at quotes on the turbos, if i could afford more on insurance id be getting a civic :thumbsup:

Best quote i got was just under 3 grand, like £2990

you tried adrian flux for a civic quote?

i had an ESI when i was 18/19 and it was only around a grand that was with a few mods declared to

Not saying you should get a civic as obviously Starlets are better :thumbsup: i saw the light

you tried adrian flux for a civic quote?

i had an ESI when i was 18/19 and it was only around a grand that was with a few mods declared to

Not saying you should get a civic as obviously Starlets are better :p i saw the light

Aren't you female though? :)

Im going to ring round a few companies at the weekend, its either Civic or Starlet though i reckon!