Rear ARB and anti lift kit made sooo much difference to the way my car handles. I would seriously consider doing it ! Second hand one's do come up from time to time!

Wow didnt know i replied yesterday these day ISP are seriously annoying.

Im abit sceptical about the rear ARB as i had one on my NA ep91 and was quite tail happy at the worst of times. Anti-lift kit will be bought probably sometime soon :)

Then 15" wheels, EBC, decat, alarm and immobiliser, recaro's really dont like falling out of my seat when hard cournering haha

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh balls :(

Thanks for clearing it up with a picture now i know what i should of received, i ordered through tegiwa and they even rang me up asking for model and reg then they order it from HEL, think im going to just leave it until i find the rears for sale only as i wont be able to send them back now.

Thanks for eveyones input :)

Anyone got any advice on mods to do before heading off to The ring next year?

Cheers

Mate there in the wrong so if I was u is call them n just explain the difference and send them picks if u need to otherwise ull be wastein your money having to buy lines tha ain't needed

Bu thas my opinion dude :)

Finally i can get back on here again woohoo!!

I haven't got back to tegiwa or HEL as i generally couldn't be arsed taking them back off and complaining and having the ball ache, id rather just stick with what ive got.

Okay soooooo erm i got a boost gauge fitted today and its boosting 9psi full stink?? ive checked this as it sounded very low but its 12psi standard so i have some diagnosing to do where my extra 3psi is possibly a kink in the vacuum pipe to the gauge or weak actuator, pictures will be up soon.

Glad to be back on here!

Finally i can get back on here again woohoo!!

I haven't got back to tegiwa or HEL as i generally couldn't be arsed taking them back off and complaining and having the ball ache, id rather just stick with what ive got.

Okay soooooo erm i got a boost gauge fitted today and its boosting 9psi full stink?? ive checked this as it sounded very low but its 12psi standard so i have some diagnosing to do where my extra 3psi is possibly a kink in the vacuum pipe to the gauge or weak actuator, pictures will be up soon.

Glad to be back on here!

Nowt wrong there, 9 psi (0.6bar) is standard hi boost.

Nice clean looking glanza by the way. :)

Nowt wrong there, 9 psi (0.6bar) is standard hi boost.

Nice clean looking glanza by the way. :)

Oh really, thanks for clearing that up then as i wasnt happy thinking about hours of diagnosing haha.

Im suprised they run that low boost as it feels like it should be alot more than 9

Cheers mate :)

• 1 month later...

Okay so been buying a few things while the site's been down:-

1. SSR type X rims, sent off to be refurbed. Will be buying 2 new rota's to replaced the damaged 2 :angry:

2. Rx7 intercooler on its way :wub:

3. Yellow foglight film

4. Private plate

Pics soooooooonnnnn xx

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so i'm sat on the sofa massively hungover and i thought i best get get these updates up!

It started before Christmas when i got a tax rebate resulting in me getting £500 and i was looking everywhere just to waste my money, so i saw these genuine ssr wheels on civiclife but the sad bit was 1 rim was cracked slightly and the other was fucked theres no other way to describe it

38452610151145966815061.jpg

newbies022.jpg

newbies023.jpg

newbies024.jpg

sadly this is the only damage to the wheel on the left

newbies026.jpg

I sent the 2 non-damaged ones off to be refurbed

newbies019.jpg

Think they look absolutely mint!!

Now the problem of finding 2 ssr rims on there own :\ then these popped up on piston heads

40103310151194045955061.jpg

Sadly they are rota's but exactly the same design, i didnt want to get rid of the ssr's so ive sent 2 of the rota's to be refurbed to the same design as the white ones and selling the others and the tyres to recoop some money for lower profiles and the refurb.

Ive always wanted yellow fogs they just look alot better especially on a white car too, i bought a yellow fog light film which took me all of 3hrs! haha but the finish is pretty good

fogs001.jpg

fogs002.jpg

fogs004paint.jpg

looks good in the night i think

newbies002.jpg

newbies001.jpg

Then i bought some yellow bulbs as i'm mad tight jdm yo :p

newbies008.jpg

I thought as im going to all the effort of getting swish wheels i need some locking wheels nuts so got these driftworks internal drive ones with a free wham bar too :harhar:

newbies007.jpg

RX7 intercooler bought on ebay for £70 posted had that straight away and bought a 45 degree hose from 51mm tapering to 45mm and fits perfect! now boosts at 10psi too which is a bonus B)

newbies009.jpg

newbies010q.jpg

Also trimmed down some of the rubber intercooler duct to increase airflow.

newbies003.jpg

newbies006.jpg

newbies017.jpg

Fitted the other 2 wheels for shits and giggles :p

Stack boost gauge fitted a while back had to have a visor on it as its bloody bright and shines on every window at night

newbies015.jpg

Thats all for now kids, check back soon for the new wheels fitted! :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Okay so this thread got cast aside for a while as i was umming and arring about other cars as i can get really cheap quotes compared to my £2400 insurance but ive got a cheap quote for the end of this year so im keeping it and chucking cash at it like it deserves.

Bought a nightpager screamer/decat on ebay so il be getting a HKS actuator too. Also my teins are knocking on the OSR so i will be putting up a swap thread so i get standard ones and save up for meister R's i need comfort!

• 3 weeks later...

Fitted the NightPager on saturday and it sounds awful! definetly see why people always suggest externally gated as mine sounds like the front pipe has fallen off. Not leaking from the gaskets or anything.

So i will be selling it for a normal decat

NightPager fitting

img20120414005971.jpg

img20120414005931.jpg

img20120414005941.jpg

img20120414005961.jpg

img20120414005981.jpg

img20120414005991.jpg

Fitted it on a Saturday and by Monday i bought another decat hahaha without screamer pipe as it was farrrr too loud, so new one fitted i haven't got a screamer on this one thankgod! no idea what make it is but its very good build quality!

img20120418006041.jpg

img20120418006051.jpg

img20120418006061.jpg

img20120418006071.jpg

img20120418006081.jpg

Sounds a hell of a lot better now rather than my front pipe had fallen off or a watery fart! Had to use the bottom o2 sensor hole as it fouled the slave cylinder so had to extend the wire but no biggie.

Also surprised how heavy the standard cat is! its worth decatting it alone for the weight saving

Edited by Louis

That's a Roadrunner decat, the screamer pipe you had is an internal screamer. It's all about external wastegate when it comes to screamer pipes. ;)

Great work so far, I look forward to seeing the Rota refurbed white with a polished lip as those SSRs look stunning!

That's a Roadrunner decat, the screamer pipe you had is an internal screamer. It's all about external wastegate when it comes to screamer pipes. ;)

Great work so far, I look forward to seeing the Rota refurbed white with a polished lip as those SSRs look stunning!

Ahhhhh i was wondering if it was but id never seen one! Yeah internal screamer is a bitch to seal properly so maybe going external later on depending on the impulse buys. I sold them as i didnt think it looked good being all white. Wardy90 has got them now

s006z.jpg

Edited by Louis

Looking good mate my japspeed bargin is going on on Sunday can't wait to have my loud exhaust back :-)

I love the sound of mine now! mid-pipe's leaking slightly though, maybe an excuse to get something louder :p

I think they'd have looked awesome fitted! Ah well. :(

I wish i did try them on but i spent up to £590 to get the that point and even then i needed new tires so instead i cut my losses and bought a HKS Actuator which you may know about :p

I wondered what it would be like to mesh the turbo as people say do and some say don't, obviously removes all the intake restriction and heated air from the manifold, so off i went to buy myself a £3 sieve then removed the intake, what a ball ache that was!!

I see why everyone goes on about removing the aircon to make things easier to work on the whole car as it got in the way a hell of a lot doing this and fitting the mesh.

After it was fitted and put back together i took it out and compared to the near standard intake she sounds like a jet! Could be a bit louder. I don't know whether its just me but it does feel quicker now and no boost creep either.....well still up to 11 psi but no change since meshing

img20120428006241.jpg

img20120428006251.jpg

img20120428006261.jpg

img20120428006271.jpg

img20120428006281.jpg

img20120428006291.jpg