Hi guys and girls, so some of you may have seen my civic on here for sale mid september, well it sold for £2100 and started saving up some more for a Glanza id seen on ebay for a few months.

Finished work at 12 in the afternoon and pops took me 4hrs away down south just off bristol to see it and i knew i was getting this from the first time i saw the ad so here it is:-

glanza008.jpg

glanza009.jpg

glanza006.jpg

glanza005.jpg

glanza004.jpg

glanza007.jpg

glanza001.jpg

glanza011.jpg

Sure some of you had seen this at the time on ebay, was a SVA Import sales car its done 55,000 miles with a tiny bit of paperwork, cambelt and sales reciept of £4,500 :)

Has 5zigen exhaust, air filter, tein coilovers will pillow bar top mounts.

Toyota radio/tape player with optional 6 disc cd changer with controller sure steve gt maybe intrested :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks mint mate!!

This was the one I was gonna buy before I bought mine, guys name is Vince isnt it? Nice car but he wouldnt shift on price very much lol. You do realise it has one 98 spec rear light and a reflet rear light?

D

And LOL didn't even notice this :)

This was the one I was gonna buy before I bought mine, guys name is Vince isnt it? Nice car but he wouldnt shift on price very much lol. You do realise it has one 98 spec rear light and a reflet rear light?

D

Thats the chap yeah, was a proper decent guy, was there for 2hrs topping up on cups of teas and sent me away with cans of coke and a free avon hat from where he worked. Realised it when i was there looking at it, didnt notice on the sales add.

Haha, its the only thing that put me off, didnt know if it had some sort of bump on that corner. Just didnt fancy the trek down to find out it had. Glad its gone to a forum owner though lol

D

Took me 4hrs to get down so either way i was having it. Will try to keep it in mint condition but the £231 insurance a month is taking quarter of my wage

Thats the chap yeah, was a proper decent guy, was there for 2hrs topping up on cups of teas and sent me away with cans of coke and a free avon hat from where he worked. Realised it when i was there looking at it, didnt notice on the sales add.

Took me 4hrs to get down so either way i was having it. Will try to keep it in mint condition but the £231 insurance a month is taking quarter of my wage

Yeah he seemed nice enough, he didnt seem to know much about the car which I wasnt keen on, but thats just me being fussy lol. And yeah it wasnt mentioned in sales add.

And it was about 3 hours from me. The one I bought I had to fetch from brighton lol. And is it that much lol? Mines only £902 a year!

D

Looks good matey your not to far away from me either :)

Nottingham is about nearly 2hrs away but kinda close i suppose haha

Yeah he seemed nice enough, he didnt seem to know much about the car which I wasnt keen on, but thats just me being fussy lol. And yeah it wasnt mentioned in sales add.

And it was about 3 hours from me. The one I bought I had to fetch from brighton lol. And is it that much lol? Mines only £902 a year!

D

Yeah he bought it in May because his son said he should get one so he thought about it and got it from SVA, he had about 4 cars anyway so it didnt get driven much and he didnt spend much time on it. priced up the insurance thought i would be fine but they put abit more on :)

Nottingham is about nearly 2hrs away but kinda close i suppose haha

Yeah he bought it in May because his son said he should get one so he thought about it and got it from SVA, he had about 4 cars anyway so it didnt get driven much and he didnt spend much time on it. priced up the insurance thought i would be fine but they put abit more on :)

Yeah thats what he told me. Its definitely a nice car. Would have bought it but I wanted a standard one lol

D

• 1 month later...

well boys and girls its been a busy-ish and stressful day for me today but it all been worth it :)

Sooooooo after driving around getting used to it knowing its limits cournering and performance i decided that the lacking thing was confidence to chuck it into courners with the floaty boat like feel to the suspension, well just the high really was scared it would roll haha.

I set to work with my c-spanner in hand and alot of WD type fluid well and a hammer and chisel towards the end but lets cast a blind eye to that part!

003rmg.jpg

Well i jacked the front end up took the wheels off attempted to crack them off hoping it would be easy, wow was i wrong soaked both front threads and cups in wurths while wire brushing them up, pushing hard screaming trying to crack them off then finally they let go and cracked off :w00t:

This is where they were set before i got my hands on them

009in.jpg

010zh.jpg

copper greased the threads up and dropped it down

006smz.jpg

005ovh.jpg

went to do the rears and had to smash the osr cups to crack them off i was kicking and screaming to get the fuckers loose so resorted to me heavy magic wand! dropped them all the way to the bottom.

008yf.jpg

Cleaned her up and this is the result

Before

glanza008.jpg

glanza005.jpg

After

012sy.jpg

013ph.jpg

014hey.jpg

Notice the Aatomotion. sticker :p

Lame update but heyho

oh there is one thing, theres talks of going to germany next year.

Edited by Louis

Another boring update for you all

brakes002.jpg

Yep, HEL Braided lines + AP 5.1 Fluid :)

The spongyness in the pedal is unbelievable it feels woollen and lacks response plus scared of rear ending someone in it i thought it needed to be done.

Got on the tinternet bored looking on ebay and tegiwa's site and thought id splash out on lines and ebay for the fluid cost me £90 in total so not too bad.

brakes004.jpg

Soaked the bleed nipples in wurths (WD40) and cracked them off with out snapping :dance:, fitted the fronts, got to the rears to fit that the rear had 4 rubber hoses :?:, i only got 4 in the pack total so i wasn't happy with HEL then came to fitting, the rubber hose ends had like a key way which the HEL lines didn't, managed to find washers to stop that happening and all fitted and bled.

brakes005.jpg

brakes006.jpg

Note how the front are too long, oh well wasn't happy with the product 100% but it works

Hmm did the sort ones not fit the front? and the long ones fit the back? just i had some goodridge hoses on my old glanza and on the rears it was all one house i.e not it two sections over the axel.. What would be the point in haveing a braided hose then joining onto a rubber hose? its defeating the object realy lol so mr did you check to see if the small ones fitted the front calipers?

Mate looks like uve got the lines on right as in the front 1s are on the front n back on the back

Bu the back 1 uve done wrong it should just be 1 line on the back now instead of the 2 so no need to go the the axle. I can get pics wen I get the car back only think your rear line does look short :/

brakes002.jpg

by the looks of your lines and my lines your rear 1s are wrong im sorry to say heres a pic of mine in the box from wen i got mine

IMAG0299.jpg

Oh balls :)

Thanks for clearing it up with a picture now i know what i should of received, i ordered through tegiwa and they even rang me up asking for model and reg then they order it from HEL, think im going to just leave it until i find the rears for sale only as i wont be able to send them back now.

Thanks for eveyones input :p

Anyone got any advice on mods to do before heading off to The ring next year?

Cheers