3/12/2012 Update - TrisK's Daily Polo - Stance/Fitment/Low etc

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We left at 2/3pm on saturday as we had a nightmare drive down there and my mate was pancing about missing the boat.

Shame, sorry i missed you bud

Ahh I think I seen you drive out.. Black lexus??

Yeah, see you next year though? ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Ahh I think I seen you drive out.. Black lexus??Yeah, see you next year though? wink.png
Yeah that was us mate.Yeah for sure. Ill be at Japfest tooRecently,had a bit of a nightmare with laquer peel on my spoiler after some heavy rainphoto2-17.jpgphoto3-17.jpgSo that is getting wrapped black toojust gotta wait for my mate to get round to italso working on a set of these for winter wheelsphoto1-18.jpgwhite8spoke_7.jpgland rover steels (15x7) then will get some adapters made to fit themalso have got a windscreen decal from Josh to finish my posingness. although thats not going on til I have my notch and camber and more lowsthen happy days Edited by TrisK

Dunno why I'm commenting because I see this thing almost daily, but at least I can say its looking rather gurd here, without our less able modifying friends saying 'it's gay because its a polo' bunch of tards.

• 1 month later...

Well, some updates on this

I got a big stancy windscreen sticker from josh, but never got round to actually sticking it on...

photo4-10.jpg

I got some new wings as mine arent the best, these need a bit of repair, but they are smooth off and rolled completely flush. Never got round to get them sprayed or fitted...

photo2-20.jpg

photo1-21.jpg

The reason i never got round to stuff is cause its now like this:

photo3-20.jpg

Cause i broke it. Gearbox is broken. So on the look out for one.

They are known for being rubbish in these cars, as the diff breaks away from the crown wheel as its riveted which caused strain on the diff bearings. Plus i had a slow oil leak didnt notice, leading to me being about 700ml down on gear box oil, which shagged the bearings and syncros even quicker.

So on the look out for a new box, dont really want a 2nd hand one as they all suffer problems. but a refurbed on is £495. So tempted to get mine rebuilt, but god knowns how much that will cost.

Got a quote of £190 to replace my box with a new box with a new clutch (if i source the box, proving harder than it seems)

It will be fixed, just not sure when.

• 11 months later...