Wheel alignment issues

Hey all

its getting to be abit of a joke now, i have meisters/whiteline antiflift kit and poly drop links and front bushes, its been at two different garages now (kwik fit and a john bean equipped garage) they both cant seem to give me the alignment settings i want

-1 camber

0 toe

and max positive camber (+2)

they loosened the top mount and took it all the way in (towards the engine) and the computer read -0.23/-0.30 both saying they cant get anymore out of it (i was present at the latest garage) and did see it cant be taken any further....im 99% certain the top mounts are fitted correctly they look nothing like iamlegends did in this thread and resemble his after he turned them 180 degrees which leads me to think they are fine?

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showth...ighlight=camber

both put in the correct details of the car and follow the scales on the screen to no avail....luckily i havent had to pay anything as the work wasnt carried out. Do they have to go in to some sort of custom setting part of the softwear or do as they have done and punch in the cars details and set accordingly?

im going to have a play with the topmounts and the two lower bolts tomorrow before i take it to the third garage to try my luck....ill post up pics of the top mounts

both shops addmited they dont do custom settings and one fat fuck even said "we dont do shit like this we usually do mercs" my old man is friends with them otherwise i would have knocked his teeth out the cheeky cnut be naming and shaming later.....extremely poor customer service!!!

anyway.....can anyone shed any light? is something else wrong? or are the shops doing something wrong with regards to the softwear?

Not sure what kwik fit put in but the john bean equipped garage put in toyota>starlet>PAS and went from there although there was an option for the SR

Would it have made much of a difference to the scale of the readings on the computer? It did say standard alignment at the bottom of the screen...They still couldnt get anywhere near -1 he didnt try any other settings/click something else was just adamant his machine was right and that my car was shit :)

EDIT:

Just been and undone the topmounts to rotate them 180, they are infact in the right position rotating them puts them in the wrong position (same as iamlegends)

currently in this position driverside

picture002so.jpg

Passenger side

picture001op.jpg

@ liam nope they just set the car up with the wheel sensors (didnt check tyre pressure nor was the car running...i had alarm bells ringing already) adjusted the toe on the passenger side....got the allen keys out and a pry bry and threw it straight to the engine side and shouted "is this enough" at me

tbh i cant see me getting the other -0.70 by loosening the bottom two bolts....surely the topmount would allow alteast -2 of camber to be obtained?

@ paul..... likewise i was absolutely livid, as my old man works close by i had to keep face so just asked him to tighten it all back up and let the car down off the ramp

i phoned him at the garage he said it could be two things the topmounts not on right (i reserved judgement didnt have the pictures to compare) and if you want more camber loosen the bottom bolts and push the tyre in....which i guess would be in extreme circumstances aiming for the most possibel camber? no?

ill link him nonetheless

Guys, I am away until the 9th.

But when installing, you need to push the hub all the way in to get more negative camber as the top bolt hole on the coilovers are elongated.

This should be done on all MacPherson Strut installation.

Others wise, something could be bent.

Asad if you can't manage to sort it the OEM bolts I got from Gary will sort your issue I reckon! I managed to get both sides on mine to negative camber, one side as much as -2! Check out my build thread to see the before and after alignment figures and i can get you the part numbers if you want them!

thats the thing bro, they are £600 coilovers with adjustable topmounts i shouldnt need anything else should easily get -2 camber without sweat

can only think of the antulift kit causing problems, nothing seems obviously bent

Nice one! Did they come to you like that or did you move them? Seems like a really obscure thing lol

I was getting worried about fitting the ALK to my GT, eventually want to run Meisters but it's good you found the culprit :D

they came like that, none of the pictures ive seen have had them changed just this one but his are fitted the wrong way round

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showth...=meister+camber

so i guess not many people have gone for custom settings just had the car set up to toyota spec, which is pointless tbh

dont worry about the antilift kit make sure you put the bushes on right and use plenty of the supplied grease