reading that the expect anybody who has fitted aftermarket HID'S to somhow fit headlight washers

this whole thing about having a cat in is shit when my emissions where checked at mot with my full stainles system OBX manifold to back box it was actually better than most new cars and better than a standard starlet as we did a test with mine and my mates standard sportif.

HID issue is complete bullshit, the amount of cars that I get dazzled by more often that not are factory fit HIDs! Auto levelling lights are crap, they just don't react quick enough and that's what causes dazzle. Our cars have HIDs that are properly aligned, and we keep the headlamps clean to avoid dazzling people. How the heck are you supposed to fit washer systems?

The other thing that'll be a problem for me is the dash lights, because I have Paseo dials I can't indicate without the full beam indicator I'm the dash flashing too <_>

amjad, iirc when the indicators on it has to either flash the dash light and/or make the clicky noice either one is a pass doesnt have to have both they just look for a tell tale sign that the indicators are activated.....if the full beams themselves come on when activating the indicator then it would be a fail

also the HID thing the MOT tester have no means of testing the auto level aslong as the beam is ok then its fine, i suspect this is where most will fail as the beams are wrong

its true most factory fit systems cause blinding, this is mainly because those who have retro fitted them point the beam down so as not to blind drivers

the CAT thing should also be fine, aslong as it passes emmisions i doubt most if any testers will be worried if the CAT is in place so i wouldnt worry

that cat thing caused Mark's GT to fail in Scotland last month, the garage just said no visible cat, fail.

wtf does it matter so long as the emmissions are ok! that'll be all us buggered then unless we can blag that one in the test..."uhhhh Mr Tester Man, that thing that says Blitz on it, that there's a special cool Japanese cat...honest" lol

steering lock functions...WHAT is the point in that test! frig sake!

Phil.

hopefullly the garage i go to will be ok, as there all in to their import cars, as for the cat thing without going to toyota in japan can they proove our cars where ever fitted with a cat in the first place?

hopefullly the garage i go to will be ok, as there all in to their import cars, as for the cat thing without going to toyota in japan can they proove our cars where ever fitted with a cat in the first place?

Well yes as I think every car has to have one :)

Not all cars have to have a cat, only ones after a certain year. My gt doesn't need One however it has got one on there. :)

I know that, but what I'm saying is whatever car/year/make/pancake it is needs to have a CAT to roll of the production line legally, I may be wrong though!

No as hblades syas certian year of cars never had them fitted. so legaly do not require them. i belive it was 91 or 93 onwards where legaly required to run a cat. as i used to run classic minis without cats due to that law. just dont rember what year it def was.

No as hblades syas certian year of cars never had them fitted. so legaly do not require them. i belive it was 91 or 93 onwards where legaly required to run a cat. as i used to run classic minis without cats due to that law. just dont rember what year it def was.

Think it was 93 shorty, and some cars come off of the production line with out cats. :)

Think it sucks that if any rubbers are perished its a fail, and the drivers seat has to move ect, its what we have had from vosa at the garage i work at. Not sure on the rules if you have fixed bucket seats though. So any ball joint, track rod end will fail if the rubbers are a bit perished on them. Kinda sucks and it looks like im going to be changing a lot of these :).

amjad, iirc when the indicators on it has to either flash the dash light and/or make the clicky noice either one is a pass doesnt have to have both they just look for a tell tale sign that the indicators are activated.....if the full beams themselves come on when activating the indicator then it would be a fail

also the HID thing the MOT tester have no means of testing the auto level aslong as the beam is ok then its fine, i suspect this is where most will fail as the beams are wrong

its true most factory fit systems cause blinding, this is mainly because those who have retro fitted them point the beam down so as not to blind drivers

the CAT thing should also be fine, aslong as it passes emmisions i doubt most if any testers will be worried if the CAT is in place so i wouldnt worry

Okay if that's the case then that's not too bad, was worried about my dials most!