im looking at changing my turbo at the moment and im in the middle of having a war with my brother over which turbo will produce the power i want as above a i want 400hp about 380 at the wheels i have a fully forged 5e my brother reckons gt 2876r turbo but i think it will be too big and too laggy im looking for boost around 3000 - 4000 rpm i'd like to be up around .8, 1.0 bar of boost at those rpm. the person who built the car for me is saying a gt 28 front wheel and housing and a gt 25 back wheel with a .63 housing he reckons with about 2 bar of boost it should produce around 420 hp (fly) im thinking that will be a savage turbo and looking at compressor maps i dont see a reason why it shouldn't make up around that power but the brother says it wont work can anybody lend a helping hand and give me some info as to what turbo to go for a target of 400hp :thumbsup:

What Dean said :)

Using a gt 2876r will push it to its levels tbh, I dunno if you seen Adz old starlet gt been broken now.

That was a gt35 i believe and was pushing 480 i believe at 2.2 bar. Hmmmm its tricky becoz the lagg etc. But yeahh a reckon a good spec 30 will do the job :D

Good buy to ask it Ricky From Race-Tech he will know whereto direct ya dude :thumbsup:

Ralphyyyy

Edited by ralphy

Socks dont have a problem spooling his GT30 on a 4E think his starts spooling at 2700rpm (could be rong though it could be higher thats just a gess lol) but it dose spool prity low down for the size of the turbo!!!

it is still a road car so need boost early enough but i do use it on track every so often so i'll need power there .... the other lads car could have major head work done i dont i just have standard 5e cams maybe with cams it might spool it a bit quicker but my budget wont stretch that far the brother is gone down today to find out whats the plan so i'll keep an update anyway with it and see if i ever reach my 400hp target

I have a 5E too mate and i couldnt afford a garret turbo kit so i went for a custom race spec head instead with a cheap TD05 18G, im only gonna run 1.4 bar and im hoping for around 330bhp, next winter im gonna get a 3" exhaust and a racetech inlet and mapped again to maybe 1.5 bar, i think i may be close to 400bhp then

I have a 5E too mate and i couldnt afford a garret turbo kit so i went for a custom race spec head instead with a cheap TD05 18G, im only gonna run 1.4 bar and im hoping for around 330bhp, next winter im gonna get a 3" exhaust and a racetech inlet and mapped again to maybe 1.5 bar, i think i may be close to 400bhp then

cool that sounds savage i wouldn't mind seen a video of it if you get the power your looking for i see no problem in you reaching 330 bhp there waas a lad over here in ireland he might be on this site im not sure popsy was runing a td05h 16g on a 4e and got 292bhp at 1.6 bar

never actuly use this before i used it there and it basicly said to use a from a 2860rs up to 3071r

You will need a custom spec gt30 dude, or above lag will be a factor, but thats part of the fun.

Message Jayep91 on here, he knows alot of shizzle aswell, but head work may be a factor aswell.

Looking fun though whatever you do :D

cool that sounds savage i wouldn't mind seen a video of it if you get the power your looking for i see no problem in you reaching 330 bhp there waas a lad over here in ireland he might be on this site im not sure popsy was runing a td05h 16g on a 4e and got 292bhp at 1.6 bar

Its a tuning developments now mate, hoping to have it back next month, il upload some vids when shes back :-D but yeah your best bet is a garret turbo mate theyr quality, id deffo get one if my build wasnt coming to as much as it is lol

you will be needing headwork and some decent cams or your going to have to use a massive turbo with buckets of lag. if your planning on running big boost you will need to be running a decent ignition system coil pack, cop ect. probably 4age studs too. what standalone do you have?

Edited by Bean

Alot of money to get the desired target, it wont be too laggy if you map nicely, and get custom.

Socks on here running gt3071r and hes not lagging atall and its a custom turbo, i think it very possible but as "Bean" has said HEADWORK will be a defo, and cams as standard take about 330ish before they hold you back.

you will be needing headwork and some decent cams or your going to have to use a massive turbo with buckets of lag. if your planning on running big boost you will need to be running a decent ignition system coil pack, cop ect. probably 4age studs too. what standalone do you have?

well the only head work i have done is just 3 angle valve cut and port and polish as for ignition the fella mapping it said not to worry the standard one is more then capable of handling it as for ecu i have an emanage blue but he has some other software for mapping on it that allows him to open the ecu up more he wouldn't reli tell me too much about it again he said its more then capable of handling it lol

my build tread is there if ya wanna have a look http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49913&st=0&p=644227&#entry644227

that headwork will help but if your wanting that sort of power ditch the emb. if you do go for one of these bigger turbos and run boost of 2 bar or more the stock ignition system will not cope.

Edited by Bean

true a standalone would be better but he said there is no problem in the emanage blue running it his own sons drift 180sx is running 850cc injectors on e85 which is putting out around 650hp on a emanage blue i have been told been told by loads of people that an emanage blue cannot runing anything over 460 or 480cc injectors properly anyway